Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Results of many Mock Drafts in 2018
I'm seeing everybody still gobbling up running backs in first rounds as other years. Some WR's and TE's. Mostly RB.

Now I can see about 10 RB's demanding early pick. A couple of WR's. A couple of TE's. I won't say their names.

I've noticed I can not draft QB until last pick and get Luck, Goff, Stafford which is wild. Everybody grabbing up some real no name RB's.

I've noticed I still like to grab 2 good RB's if I can. If I draft early, I take Elliott but don't get 2 good ones. If I draft last, I sometimes get Howard and maybe McCoy or Gordon.

If I can only get 1 top RB or none, I go to TE or WR. If they are grabbing up all top RB, WR and TE, I have in mock drafts taken Tom Brady and AaRon Rodgers back to back to get even for sandbagging the other positions.

I'm noticing the top kickers going before end. I find taking my kicker and defense with one or two last picks left isn't bad. I can always find players I like in last 2 rounds. Often a back-up WR or TE. Sometimes even a good RB that they missed grabbing RB.

I would like a good mix of quality RB, WR, TE, QB, K, Def, but it can't always be done. A good QB will be your teams highest point score a lot. In a few mock drafts with people taking all players I wanted but no QB's off the board, I had no problem grabbing Brady and Rodgers. They do put a ton of points on the board and touchdowns are huge in Fantasy. A QB that puts up a 50 point week for you is hard to beat, and I have no problem taking 2 top QBs if everybody else is grabbing other position up expecting these QB's to be there 3rd or 4th round.

As for Bengals, Mixon goes before Brady, Rodgers, Gronk, sometimes before AJ Green. Green goes early though. After the drafts, Dalton, Eifert, LaFell, Boyd, Ross, Bernard, Bengals D always undrafted. I see some of these Bengals getting hot and add quick types later. I see Hill at Patriots. If that coach uses him to crash over goal line plays, Hill could go back to being a huge TD guy with Patriots. He is never drafted. There are some 1st & 2nd round NFL Draft rookie RB's that can be had in Fantasy mid rounds and Chubbs for Browns top RB pick often there in last 2 rounds. I'm finding good RB bench depth later in draft. Gore and CJ Anderson very under rated who still had game last season, often not drafted. If I can get 2 RB's that I want early, I can fill out my team and get good bench RB help later in draft. I always land good hot WR's and TE's during season that nobody considered drafting, but they put up huge Fantasy points because last season is not this season.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote