Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Retain Lou Anarumo
Mike Brown and the Front Office better lock Lou Anarumo into a long term deal and soon.

Lou has the defense playing at a very high level again; high enough, in fact, that the Bengals should be legitimately 5–0 even with an average offense. Currently Cincinnati is allowing a stingy 16.4 points per game. That’s about half the points per game Teryl Austin’s squad allowed in 2018 and holding the Ravens’ high powered offense to one touchdown and 19 points is impressive.

Let’s not let him skip town like Mike Zimmer. I am just afraid teams will soon look to poach Lou to make their defenses better — or to be their head coach.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 09:29 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Mike Brown and the Front Office better lock Lou Anarumo into a long term deal and soon.

Lou has the defense playing at a very high level again; high enough, in fact, that the Bengals should be legitimately 5–0 even with an average offense.  Currently Cincinnati is allowing a stingy 16.4 points per game.  That’s about half the points per game Teryl Austin’s squad allowed in 2018 and holding the Ravens’ high powered offense to one touchdown and 19 points is impressive.

Let’s not let him skip town like Mike Zimmer. I am just afraid teams will soon look to poach Lou to make their defenses better — or to be their head coach.

0  2nd Half TDs.... (all year)    Pay This man....   Best coach on the team right now
Reply/Quote
If you sign him does that mean he can't take a HC job?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 09:31 AM)michaelsean Wrote: If you sign him does that mean he can't take a HC job?

They cant stop him from Interviewing for a HC spot only for Lateral Moves.

But the better hes paid the less he needs to look for a promotion lol
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 09:32 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: They cant stop him from Interviewing for a HC spot only for Lateral Moves.

But the better hes paid the less he needs to look for a promotion lol

...which is exactly why Lou needs the big bucks now.
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
F that sign him to replace Zac and get a proper oc.

Sent from my BE2015 using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
I do agree that the defense is playing well. It's weird. They seem to give up 1st downs at will at times and have no pass rush...then the other team kicks a fg instead of a TD.

Lamar just missed guys on long TD's last night. Had guys totally open.

The defense played as well as it could given all the 3 and outs by the offense.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 09:33 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote:

The defense kept Cincinnati competitive through the playoffs last year and through the first five games of this year. The zero second half touchdown statistic is really mind blowing when you think about it. How many times does the Cincinnati offense sputter and go three and out? How many times does the offense leave the defense with a short field to defend?
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 09:36 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The defense kept Cincinnati competitive through the playoffs last year and through the first five games of this year. The zero second half touchdown statistic is really mind blowing when you think about it. How many times does the Cincinnati offense sputter and go three and out?  How many times does the offense leave the defense with a short field to defend?

I overall agree with you. If the D was giving up 28 points a game, we might be 0-5 right now. They are playing well.

And yes...the offensive ineptness started in the playoffs last year due to adjustments. And I agree...the defense made opportunistic plays.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 09:29 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Mike Brown and the Front Office better lock Lou Anarumo into a long term deal and soon.

Lou has the defense playing at a very high level again; high enough, in fact, that the Bengals should be legitimately 5–0 even with an average offense.  Currently Cincinnati is allowing a stingy 16.4 points per game.  That’s about half the points per game Teryl Austin’s squad allowed in 2018 and holding the Ravens’ high powered offense to one touchdown and 19 points is impressive.

not just him, depending on some contracts, keep our corners too.. 
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 09:33 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote:

Why dont we ask the Defense how they feel after giving the ball back to the Offense after 4 and 2 for Joe to give it back the next play?
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 09:33 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote:

It's not the defense's fault that the offense didn't cash in for more points.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 09:55 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It's not the defense's fault that the offense didn't cash in for more points.

Yep. That guy is clueless. Defense can only do so much. Offense simply can't leave those guys in the situations they do. Bengals get a big stop 4th down stop in the 3rd quarter and Burrow throws a trash int. No freakin' clue what he's seeing. It's like he had $$$ on the game it was such a bad pick. Get zero points from 2 yards away because they go finesse in a game they were pushing the Ravens back on their heels.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 09:34 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I do agree that the defense is playing well. It's weird. They seem to give up 1st downs at will at times and have no pass rush...then the other team kicks a fg instead of a TD.

But the defense also let the Ravens go from their own 2-yard-line for 91 yards, at a critical point in the game. Had they been stopped at the 2, the Ravens would have kicked from the shadow of their own goal posts.

And at the end, with the game on the line, the Ravens moved at will down the field for the FG.

Plus, as you said, their were WRs of the Ravens wide open last night. This game could have been a blow-out if not for LJ missing those wide-open WRs.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 09:34 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I do agree that the defense is playing well. It's weird. They seem to give up 1st downs at will at times and have no pass rush...then the other team kicks a fg instead of a TD.

Yep. Lamar was actually much worse than Burrow last night. He missed 2 wide open walk in TD’s or people wouldn’t be signing the praises of our defense so much this morning.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 10:03 AM)Nepa Wrote: But the defense also let the Ravens go from their own 2-yard-line for 91 yards, at a critical point in the game. Had they been stopped at the 2, the Ravens would have kicked from their own goal line.

And at the end, with the game on the line, the Ravens moved at will down the field for the FG.

Plus, as you said, their were WRs of the Ravens wide open last night. This game could have been a blow-out if not for LJ missing those wide-open WRs.

I thought about this and our defense plays bend but don't break. If they need to stop a team from getting 30 yards to kick a game winning FG, they struggle. They're really good within the 20/30 in. But over the middle of the field, they give up yards.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 10:04 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yep. Lamar was actually much worse than Burrow last night. He missed 2 wide open walk in TD’s or people wouldn’t be signing the praises of our defense so much this morning.

To Lou's credit, he tailors the defensive game plan to the opponents strengths. He changes things up as needed.

On offense, I don't see that. We don't even tailor our gameplan to our teams strengths.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 10:07 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: To Lou's credit, he tailors the defensive game plan to the opponents strengths. He changes things up as needed.

On offense, I don't see that. We don't even tailor our gameplan to our teams strengths.

Pun intended?

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 10:09 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Pun intended?

Cool
Reply/Quote