Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reuben Randle
Personally I feel he's an upgrade over MJ. Then we could take best player in draft. Not having to reach for a need
Reply/Quote
I would really want him... but do Bengals?
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
I can't imagine him making less than Sanu. So are the Bengals willing to shell out $7+ million and lose the 3rd round comp pick that they're going to get for Jones? Doubtful.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Number 2 is important. Id rather not reach for a 2nd round talent in the first due to no number 2 to throw to. if hes best available player fine.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 06:31 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I can't imagine him making less than Sanu. So are the Bengals willing to shell out $7+ million and lose the 3rd round comp pick that they're going to get for Jones? Doubtful.

Nailed it. IMO, Randle is on MLJ's level if not better.

So you're talking $7-9 million + losing a precious compensatory pick. Forget about it.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 06:49 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Nailed it. IMO, Randle is on MLJ's level if not better.

So you're talking $7-9 million + losing a precious compensatory pick. Forget about it.

That's more important than the comp pick to the Bengals right now IMO.
He's your 3rd target. 
You really can't afford that. 
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 06:31 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I can't imagine him making less than Sanu. So are the Bengals willing to shell out $7+ million and lose the 3rd round comp pick that they're going to get for Jones? Doubtful.

(03-09-2016, 06:49 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Nailed it. IMO, Randle is on MLJ's level if not better.

Yeah, not going to happen. I like Randle a lot but players are being seriously overpaid right now.
Reply/Quote

nope i saw him drop more passes in two games than MLJ has in a season.. no way im paying him anything over 4 to 5 mil
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 07:16 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: nope i saw him drop more passes in two games than MLJ has in a season.. no way im paying him anything over 4 to 5 mil

Randle had 3 drops on 57 catches and 90 targets last year.

Maybe you have him confused with someone else?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 07:21 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Randle had 3 drops on 57 catches and 90 targets last year.

Maybe you have him confused with someone 
nope.... probably was this game 
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2014/11/how_did_the_giants_explain_all_the_drops_wide_receiver_rueben_randle_thinks_they_were_pressing.html

He was 20th in drops in percentage of targets in 2014 season.  he improved this year but MJ still has better hands.. 
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 07:27 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: nope.... probably was this game 
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2014/11/how_did_the_giants_explain_all_the_drops_wide_receiver_rueben_randle_thinks_they_were_pressing.html

He was 20th in drops in percentage of targets in 2014 season.  he improved this year but MJ still has better hands.. 

Yea all I have heard is the Giants probably don't want him back. How he was benched in 2014. And always pissed off Coughlin.

If we want to overpay for an inconsistent WR with shaky hands I would rather bring Sanu back.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 07:27 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: nope.... probably was this game 

I just looked it up and Randle had 4 drops in 2014:

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2014/

That's not a lot. At all.

(03-09-2016, 07:37 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Yea all I have heard is the Giants probably don't want him back. How he was benched in 2014. And always pissed off Coughlin.

If we want to overpay for an inconsistent WR with shaky hands I would rather bring Sanu back.

Sanu had more drops in 2014 than Randle had in the last 2 years combined. And why would the Giants care what Coughlin thinks? They fired him.

Also, if they benched Randle it didn't last long, as he started 13 games in 2014 and was targeted at least 3 times in every game.
Reply/Quote
Man, I guess I'm passing on Randle now then. I significantly undervalued him. Just spitballing, and off the top of my head, I thought he was 4-5 mil dollar receiver. No way in hell would I pay anywhere near 7 mil.

This is one weird market. I think teams are scrambling to spend cap space, as some teams have mountains of unspent payroll cash.

I say we sign Nate Washington for a year and look at 2nd-3rd round talent in the draft. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Randle is not an upgrade over MJ at all. Do you guys watch football. And yes he has a problem catching the ball. It was a Monday or Sunday night game last year they were talking about it. He had like 5 drops in that game. It was awful to watch. Felt bad for him!
Reply/Quote
Need a receiver to stretch the field for Aj and Eifert. Remember how bad the O looked when jones was out? Aj got doubled Sanu and Greshaw couldn't catch...We need a Wallace type receiver to make the safety help over the top to open it up for Eifert,AJ, and whomever is in the slot. Randle isn't that guy. Benjamin could have if he didn't go to the chargers
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 08:28 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Man, I guess I'm passing on Randle now then.  I significantly undervalued him.  Just spitballing, and off the top of my head, I thought he was 4-5 mil dollar receiver.  No way in hell would I pay anywhere near 7 mil.

This is one weird market.  I think teams are scrambling to spend cap space, as some teams have mountains of unspent payroll cash.

I say we sign Nate Washington for a year and look at 2nd-3rd round talent in the draft.  ThumbsUp

I would be on board with this.

Would you entertain Braxton Miller if he slipped to our 3rd?

I'm not a fan of project players but he could perhaps step in for a deeper spot on the receiving depth end.

Much like a Sanu but with an upside.  Could also challenge Tate if Adam Jones does not return on special teams.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 08:36 PM)scottyd33 Wrote: Randle is not an upgrade over MJ at all. Do you guys watch football. And yes he has a problem catching the ball. It was a Monday or Sunday night game last year they were talking about it. He had like 5 drops in that game. It was awful to watch. Felt bad for him!

Read the article Essex linked. In the article, they only link 1 drop from that game to Randle. 

They stated that "2-3" of those drops were by Preston Parker. You guys are confused.

I posted a link for Randle's drop stats, if you care to read it.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 08:40 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I would be on board with this.

Would you entertain Braxton Miller if he slipped to our 3rd?

I'm not a fan of project players but he could perhaps step in for a deeper spot on the receiving depth end.

Much like a Sanu but with an upside.  Could also challenge Tate if Adam Jones does not return on special teams.

Would rather have Sterling Shepard in the 2nd. Very polished slot receiver with a ton of electricity and experience at PR already.

I don't want to keep seeing the Bengals fail at 2nd and 3rd round projects. Save that for the later rounds in the draft.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
They can credit whomever they want want the drops. I watched the game. I saw him drop the ball!
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 08:22 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I just looked it up and Randle had 4 drops in 2014:

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2014/

That's not a lot. At all.

Sanu had more drops in 2014 than Randle had in the last 2 years combined. And why would the Giants care what Coughlin thinks? They fired him.

Also, if they benched Randle it didn't last long, as he started 13 games in 2014 and was targeted at least 3 times in every game.

Well I will counter with 7 and raise you in poker lol..  and was 20th in the league.  I am not saying he is bad but to say a upgrade from MJ, I don;t see it in film or in stats....  plus we need a speed guy for Jones... The way they are overpaying with FA  WRs.. I am fine going into the draft for Jones replacement.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2015/2014-incomplete-pass-breakdown-receivers

20 ranked
Rueben Randle
127 targets
7  drops
5.5% rate
Reply/Quote