Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What I hope to see against Indy
I know these threads are getting kind of tired, but this is what we do in the preseason...

1.) No injuries (I feel like I will jinx someone if I don't write that first)

2.) Brandon Lafell-  Even if he is getting his timing down with the backup QB, the guy needs to show that he runs the right routes, gets to the right spots, and can make some contested catches.  I can't help but wonder if he shouldn't be eased in to the games as the regular season starts.  I think the team may be better off starting Boyd. 

3.) Nug perfect-  Kicking, like hitting in baseball, is largely mental and I want him feeling 100% confident heading in to the regular season.  He is a guy from my home town, and although I know he hasn't been the best kicker of late, I have long had this feeling that he is meant to be on this team when it wins its first Super Bowl.  Mike was on the OSU National Championship team, a game that brought OSU back to National prominence (and ended Miami's).  He was at the freezer bowl....well, sort of.  His mom was pregnant with him, and was at the freezer bowl.  His dad passed away a couple years back right before Christmas.  He was outside hanging lights (didn't fall) and had a massive stroke.  They found him dead in their yard.  He kicked a couple days later.  He may be the new Tate, but I feel like his destiny is to win a Super Bowl here. 

4.) CJ Uzomah-  I know you may not want to put too much on film, but the guy needs a few easy targets.  Let him get in to the game and make the simple catch before the run screen, and button hook route before taking a 40 yard shot with him.

5.) PJ Dawson- I don't remember seeing him at all the last game, despite what I thought was a very positive start to the season.  Make a few splash plays, but remain assignment solid.  This guy is going to need to be ready to step in this year on occasion.  I want him soaring before the playoffs.

6.) Derron Smith-  Keep doing what you've been doing.  I just hope you have done it enough that the coaches give you some snaps during games.  We have rotations at a lot of positions, so why not safety?  I can't remember the last time we had both starting safeties make it through an entire season without injury so I hope he feels 100% ready.

Yours?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
So what are the battles remaining for this team?

The only ones I can think of are for:

CB #6:
Chykie Brown vs Darius Hillary

#8 and #9 OL:
TJ Johnson vs Alex Cooper vs Thurman Trip vs Trey Hopkins vs Alex Redmond

LB #6:
Marquis Flowers vs Trevor Roach

LB #7?:
Keep the other until Vontaze comes back?

#4 Safety:
Clayton Fejedelem vs Jimmy Wilson

#4 DT:
Pat Sims vs David Dean vs DeShawn Williams

#4 DE:
Margus Hunt vs Ryan Brown

And then battles for the practice squad between Tra Carson and Bronson Hill, Simonise vs Kumerow vs Russell.

Sooo....in summary there is nothing to look forward to in this game. Let's just hope no one else gets injured.

And if I see Andy Dalton or AJ Green on the field for even one play I will be so pissed.
Reply/Quote
I'd like to see Erickson give another small sample of why he'll be the return man. I'd also want to see Vigil and Tre Carson get some work. Finally, NOOO INJURIES!!! Ninja Excited to get down to The Jungle for the first time this year!

WHO DEY!!!
Tiger
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2016, 08:13 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I know these threads are getting kind of tired, but this is what we do in the preseason...

1.) No injuries (I feel like I will jinx someone if I don't write that first)

2.) Brandon Lafell-  Even if he is getting his timing down with the backup QB, the guy needs to show that he runs the right routes, gets to the right spots, and can make some contested catches.  I can't help but wonder if he shouldn't be eased in to the games as the regular season starts.  I think the team may be better off starting Boyd. 

3.) Nug perfect-  Kicking, like hitting in baseball, is largely mental and I want him feeling 100% confident heading in to the regular season.  He is a guy from my home town, and although I know he hasn't been the best kicker of late, I have long had this feeling that he is meant to be on this team when it wins its first Super Bowl.  Mike was on the OSU National Championship team, a game that brought OSU back to National prominence (and ended Miami's).  He was at the freezer bowl....well, sort of.  His mom was pregnant with him, and was at the freezer bowl.  His dad passed away a couple years back right before Christmas.  He was outside hanging lights (didn't fall) and had a massive stroke.  They found him dead in their yard.  He kicked a couple days later.  He may be the new Tate, but I feel like his destiny is to win a Super Bowl here. 

I agr

4.) CJ Uzomah-  I know you may not want to put too much on film, but the guy needs a few easy targets.  Let him get in to the game and make the simple catch before the run screen, and button hook route before taking a 40 yard shot with him.

5.) PJ Dawson- I don't remember seeing him at all the last game, despite what I thought was a very positive start to the season.  Make a few splash plays, but remain assignment solid.  This guy is going to need to be ready to step in this year on occasion.  I want him soaring before the playoffs.

6.) Derron Smith-  Keep doing what you've been doing.  I just hope you have done it enough that the coaches give you some snaps during games.  We have rotations at a lot of positions, so why not safety?  I can't remember the last time we had both starting safeties make it through an entire season without injury so I hope he feels 100% ready.

Yours?
My thing with him is...can he block?

I agree about Uzomah.
Reply/Quote
I don't want to see any of the starters on the field. Only guys vying for back up jobs at this point.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
What I want to see.

1) No injuries as well.

2)Which WR's separate themselves from the rest. We know Green, Boyd, Core, and Erickson are safe, Lafell could be a longshot to be cut if he doesn't do anything tonight, I don't think he will, but he could be. Kummerow really needs to show up tonight if he want's a chance.

3)Dawson, Vigil, and Flowers. Vigil has been pretty good, Dawson has shown quickness and has been around the ball alot, but needs to show a little more. Flowers had a nice game last week, will that continue.

4)Which D-line and O-line backups come to play.

5)How will the reserve secondary do. For the most part they've been bad minus Shaw, Fej, and Derron Smith. Raven is bad, Hillary has been mixed, Brown is terrible, CLH has been up and down.

6)Can Uzo provide any type of relief at TE.

7)Backup RB's
Reply/Quote
Kumerow vs Simonize vs Russell for a spot on the PS.

Same with Bronson Hill vs Tra Carson at RB
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Have McCarron spread the ball around, even if it means taking some risks and throwing into tight coverage. We need to see what we have in Lafell and some of these other receivers. I was disappointed that Dalton seemed to just want to throw to Green on Sunday.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2016, 01:14 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Have McCarron spread the ball around, even if it means taking some risks and throwing into tight coverage.  We need to see what we have in Lafell and some of these other receivers.  I was disappointed that Dalton seemed to just want to throw to Green on Sunday.

That's pretty much the way it is in all games. Nervous
Reply/Quote