Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reuben Randle
(03-09-2016, 08:48 PM)scottyd33 Wrote: They can credit whomever they want want the drops. I watched the game. I saw him drop the ball!

Totally agree
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 08:43 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Read the article Essex linked. In the article, they only link 1 drop from that game to Randle. 

They stated that "2-3" of those drops were by Preston Parker. You guys are confused.

I posted a link for Randle's drop stats, if you care to read it.

The Giants need a WR. They have a crippled Cruz that they are trying to get to take a pay cut or he may be released. I haven't heard any Randle rumors yet. They Giants are spending like crazy. If he was such a hot commodity don't you think the home town team that saw him first hand would give a little bit of effort to re-sign a guy at a position of need?

I read fantasy football news every day. There has been a lot of opportunity for Randle. And a lot of disappointment.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 08:36 PM)scottyd33 Wrote: Randle is not an upgrade over MJ at all.

Fortunately, the Bengals really don't need for him to be an upgrade over Marvin Jones.  He really just needs to be a role player. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 09:11 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well I will counter with 7 and raise you in poker lol..  and was 20th in the league.  I am not saying he is bad but to say a upgrade from MJ, I don;t see it in film or in stats....  plus we need a speed guy for Jones... The way they are overpaying with FA  WRs.. I am fine going into the draft for Jones replacement.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2015/2014-incomplete-pass-breakdown-receivers

20 ranked
Rueben Randle
127 targets
7  drops
5.5% rate

Fine. Your site says 7 drops, my site says 4 drops. Either way, 7-10 drops over a 2 year stretch isn't a lot for a featured WR.

Heck, Sanu had the 3rd worst drop rate on that same list.

I actually don't even want Randle due to his probable price, but I do think he's a good player. Every bit as good as Jones. Healthier too.

For Jones' long term replacement, it'd be great to look at the draft. That said, Marvin Jones himself wasn't much help as a rookie. We need a vet too. Teams that are in SB contention don't rely on 3rd-5th round rookies to fill such a crucial role.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 08:47 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Would rather have Sterling Shepard in the 2nd. Very polished slot receiver with a ton of electricity and experience at PR already.

I don't want to keep seeing the Bengals fail at 2nd and 3rd round projects. Save that for the later rounds in the draft.

Shepard is a beast playmaker.....took games over for the Sooners
Reply/Quote