Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reuter's three-round mock 1.0
From NFL.com: https://www.nfl.com/news/three-round-2022-nfl-mock-draft-1-0-five-trades-five-qbs-selected-in-round-1

Round 1, pick 31: Devonte Wyatt, DT from Georgia
Round 2, pick 63: Max Mitchell, OT from Lousiana
Round 3, pick 96: Jermaine Walker, CB from Virginia Tech

Thoughts?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 11:46 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: From NFL.com: https://www.nfl.com/news/three-round-2022-nfl-mock-draft-1-0-five-trades-five-qbs-selected-in-round-1

Round 1, pick 31: Devonte Wyatt, DT from Georgia
Round 2, pick 63: Max Mitchell, OT from Lousiana
Round 3, pick 96: Jermaine Walker, CB from Virginia Tech

Thoughts?

Fine with it if they get their starters set in FA.
I think Wyatt could start, but I'd like to have either Hill or Ogunjobi there just in case he needs some grooming. For his talents, you'd think he'd have gotten more sacks in college.
I think Mitchell will make a great swing OT, but I don't think he'll be ready to take over starting OT right away.
Waller makes sense as a depth CB that can come in and maybe start in a couple years with continued development. A lot to like about his potential though.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 02:50 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Fine with it if they get their starters set in FA.
I think Wyatt could start, but I'd like to have either Hill or Ogunjobi there just in case he needs some grooming. For his talents, you'd think he'd have gotten more sacks in college.
I think Mitchell will make a great swing OT, but I don't think he'll be ready to take over starting OT right away.
Waller makes sense as a depth CB that can come in and maybe start in a couple years with continued development. A lot to like about his potential though.

The mock draft notes appear to take a premise that at least one or both Hill and Ogunjobi are gone. There is a lot to get excited about with a pick like Wyatt, but it would be nice to find a solid starting OL in round 1.

As always, I appreciate your take. For all I know you don't know jack about the draft, but you convince me you do! I enjoy your posts about the players.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 02:54 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: The mock draft notes appear to take a premise that at least one or both Hill and Ogunjobi are gone. There is a lot to get excited about with a pick like Wyatt, but it would be nice to find a solid starting OL in round 1.

As always, I appreciate your take. For all I know you don't know jack about the draft, but you convince me you do! I enjoy your posts about the players.  Hilarious

I feel like I know some stuff about the draft, but definitely some posters who know (way) more than I do.
I've been pretty open about my approach before on this board.
I didn't really play football growing up, I played hockey.
But I started watching football a bit in grade school and then really got into it in college and since then.
I typically start looking across a handful of draft sites to see if there are consistencies in prospect rankings, and then I start reading scouting reports on certain players at certain positions. If I notice consistencies in the scouting reports across sites, I tend to take those as being usually true.
I will watch some videos on players, but I don't go into like the All-22 film or things like that.

So what you'll usually see from me is an evaluation based on compilation of people/sites who put in way more time and then a little of my own from videos that I watch.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote