Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Revamp the o-line and offseason moves.
The Marvin Lewis era (nightmare) is over and Bengals Land rejoices.

New face of the Bengals: Matt Patricia. I'm honestly willing to look at anyone NOT in the Bengals organization.

Free Agency, Bengals Keep/Walk:

UFA Kevin Minter: Walk
Need more toughness than what he brings.
UFA Chris Smith: Keep
Came in on a trade, no one expected him to be more than a fill in, proved everyone wrong in the pre-season and continues to shows sparks during the regular season.
UFA Tyler Eifert: Keep
Tyler will come cheap, however I wouldn't be surprised either way. Kroft is doing well and making it hard for us think twice about Eifert.
UFA Jeremy Hill: Walk
See ya!
UFA Andre Smith: Keep
As little of a fan as I am of Andre Smith, he's sadly the bright spot of this o-line. We need all the help we can get...
UFA Russell Bodine: Run
BUH BYE!!!
UFA Cedric Peerman: Walk
I don't know. This one can go either way and I wouldn't be upset.
RFA AJ McCarron: Keep/Place the 2nd round tender on him.
Can't hurt our chances. Serviceable back up and would most likely be snatched by the Browns anyway who have obviously been thirsty for McCarron since April. This all rides on whether AJ's grievance falls through or not...

Free Agency Signings:

Malcom Butler
Need CB help bad. Dre K. may not go anywhere, but PacMan is at the point where we just need to part ways.
Barkevious Mingo
If Minter walks and Burfict remains at ILB, we'll need OLB help and Mingo shouldn't be too pricey for Mike Brown.
Jarvis Laundry
This would be a dream come true and would be a huge upgrade from LaFell. AJ #1, Laundry #2 and if Marvin is gone next year Ross #3.

Cuts:

Adam Jones
Brandon LaFell
Michael Johnson
Pat Sims
Cody Core

NFL Draft: Bengals finish 5-11, have the #6 overall pick in the draft next year.

With so many fingers pointing at what exactly is wrong with the Bengals, there is no doubt that these fat lazy bums we call an offensive line couldn't protect Andy if he were a cream filled donut. I'm not saying Andy is elite, but if anyone thinks bringing in another QB is going to solve anything you got another thing coming. We also need to look at our defense... CB/S is an issue, Front 7 hasn't looked that great either and with Marvin most likely on the way out, changes will be made through FA and the draft.

1. Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame
2. Billy Price, OG/C, Ohio State (pick from AJM)
2. Maurice Hurst, DT, Michigan
3. Matthew Thomas, ILB, Florida State
3. Marcus Allen, S, Penn State (comp pick from Zeitler)
4. Mason Rudolph, QB, Oklahoma State

Obviously some of these players draft stock will rise/fall, but you get the idea...
Reply/Quote
I would add that at least one proven OLineman has to be brought in from FA.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 12:38 PM)McC Wrote: I would add that at least one proven OLineman has to be brought in from FA.

Who you looking at? Solder?
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 12:55 PM)Takedown Wrote: Who you looking at? Solder?

I'm not sure about who.  I just know that you don't want to be sending 4 rooks and Boling out there and crossing your fingers.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
No way in the world would I pay free agent money for Butler.

We aren't that bad off in the secondary. Dre isn't going anywhere, WJ3 looks good, Dennard looks good. I would rather spend the $10 million plus somewhere else.

IF we are drafting at #6, I'm going QB. Andy can't get it done here and it's time to let him go. Trade him, let McCarron play and then turn it over the following year to the rookie. And, yes, I don't think that a QB is going to magically change things. But I do know that Andy isn't getting us a playoff win, so it's time to make the change and move on.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 01:28 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: No way in the world would I pay free agent money for Butler.

We aren't that bad off in the secondary. Dre isn't going anywhere, WJ3 looks good, Dennard looks good. I would rather spend the $10 million plus somewhere else.

IF we are drafting at #6, I'm going QB. Andy can't get it done here and it's time to let him go. Trade him, let McCarron play and then turn it over the following year to the rookie. And, yes, I don't think that a QB is going to magically change things. But I do know that Andy isn't getting us a playoff win, so it's time to make the change and move on.

Well everything I did here is connected, if Matt P. is our next HC I wouldn't be surprised to see 1 or two Patriots follow. Adam Jones is done, Dre K. is overrated, WJ3 is the real deal, Dennard is still blury on my radar (but decent) and I don't see how we don't look at someone in FA. You're right probably not Butler, but we can't settle for a project CB.

You don't want a new QB under this o-line. Andy definitely isn't Tom Brady, but he is capable of winning games. If anything trade Andy for a high pick and sign AJM to a new contact next year and play him. If we draft a new QB with this horrid o-line he will not do well. And AJM may or may not be here next year depending on the pending grievance he just filed against the Bengals so you may possibly be starting a Top 10 QB out of next years draft under this o-line. No way dude.
Reply/Quote
I don't think we need a corner. Maybe a bit picky but I think Hurst is overrated.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 01:28 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: IF we are drafting at #6, I'm going QB.  Andy can't get it done here and it's time to let him go.  Trade him, let McCarron play and then turn it over the following year to the rookie.  And, yes, I don't think that a QB is going to magically change things.  But I do know that Andy isn't getting us a playoff win, so it's time to make the change and move on.

How can you blame Andy for not succeeding behind this line?!

Do you forget a few years ago when he was playing an MVP level pre-injury?

Fix the line and let Andy return to form.

No QB wouldl succeed behind this line.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2017, 01:16 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: How can you blame Andy for not succeeding behind this line?!

Do you forget a few years ago when he was playing an MVP level pre-injury?

Fix the line and let Andy return to form.

No QB wouldl succeed behind this line.

I'm not talking about this year!!!!

How many years has he been here?  What is the knock on him?  Plays his worst in prime time and in playoffs.

It's time to move on.  Even with an elite O-line, you still have major questions at QB.
Reply/Quote