Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Revealing quote from DreK
"I’ve got to admit, I used to be inconsistent, being a little selfish. But you’ve got to grow up — you’ve got young guys that are watching. They’re looking, and I don’t want to give off the wrong message if I talk back to a coach, or if I do something else. We don’t need that around here no more. It’s not around here no more. It’s a great feeling.” - Dre Kirkpatrick via https://www.bengals.com/news/postgame-quotes-ravens-at-bengals

Wonder who he's talking about there...let's just say I'm glad we've got some new blood back there.

He sure likes the change.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 04:16 PM)clevelandsdad Wrote: "I’ve got to admit, I used to be inconsistent, being a little selfish. But you’ve got to grow up — you’ve got young guys that are watching. They’re looking, and I don’t want to give off the wrong message if I talk back to a coach, or if I do something else. We don’t need that around here no more. It’s not around here no more. It’s a great feeling.” - Dre Kirkpatrick via https://www.bengals.com/news/postgame-quotes-ravens-at-bengals

Wonder who he's talking about there...let's just say I'm glad we've got some new blood back there.

My guess is Pacman
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 04:27 PM)fullonbehavior Wrote: My guess is Pacman

[Image: edBQBeJ.gif]
Reply/Quote
Damn...

Pacman was a really good player for us for a number of years, and I always liked his passion, but if he was talking back to coaches and setting a bad example for the younger guys then good riddance.

Good on Dre for realizing he had some growing up to do.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Got's to be George Iloka
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 06:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Got's to be George Iloka

Or Josh Shaw.
Reply/Quote
Pacman was a Captain.

We don't know for sure who Dre was talking about.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 06:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Got's to be George Iloka

This, I still remember him breaking his hand punching someone in practice.
Reply/Quote
Might have been Pacman and Iloka for all we know...

Reply/Quote
Perhaps the real change that affected the locker room, was Paulie G. leaving town? The reason I say this, is because last year, we had a backup LB get cut, and was taken in by the Patriots. He made a quote that was very damning to the attitude of the coaching staff. Something along the lines of "It's nice to be in a place where your coaches actually acknowledge your presence. When I was in Cincinnati, I could walk right past my coach in the hall, and never even be acknowledged".

I know that is just one, semi-vague example, but Paulie G. just struck me as having the demeanor of an asshole. Perhaps his leaving, and the hiring of Coach Austin, was the door of opportunity for a change in culture? The same can possibly be said on the offensive side of the ball, as well. Ken Zampese and Paul Alexander struck me as "high brow" type personalities, where they thought they were smarter than you, and weren't bashful at letting you know they thought you were less than them. When I listen to guys like Bill Lazor and Frank Pollack speak, there is no denying their knowledge of their profession, yet they still come off as very personable and approachable people.

Maybe I'm way off in the weeds on this, but those are my thoughts on the matter. FWIW, aside from a couple of miscues, I thought Dre K. played a pretty good game. If it took coaching changes and subtracting a couple of bad attitudes from the room, to bring out the better in him, so be it. The team paid him well, I'd like to see his play on the field continue to reflect it.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 04:16 PM)clevelandsdad Wrote: "I’ve got to admit, I used to be inconsistent, being a little selfish. But you’ve got to grow up — you’ve got young guys that are watching. They’re looking, and I don’t want to give off the wrong message if I talk back to a coach, or if I do something else. We don’t need that around here no more. It’s not around here no more. It’s a great feeling.” - Dre Kirkpatrick via https://www.bengals.com/news/postgame-quotes-ravens-at-bengals

He says "I" right there. I believe he's talking about himself, plus a reference to an unnamed player or two no longer with team.

Reply/Quote
Kevin Kaesviharn
Reply/Quote
my guess is it wuz AJ Green, he seem to be type to get a running mouth
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I highly doubt it was Pacman. I know a lot of people don't like him, but one thing his coaches loved about him was he was a locker room leader. Locker room leaders do not talk back to coaches, and Jones seems to have a lot of respect for Lewis and Guenther..... my guess it was George...
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2018, 07:59 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: my guess is it wuz AJ Green, he seem to be type to get a running mouth

[Image: 7ea9100cd5ba8ab38c45f04ff2b13aff275518ab...13d9c8.jpg]

Reply/Quote

Could be just talking about his old self apparently. He feels old. He finally feels responsible.  
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 07:54 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Perhaps the real change that affected the locker room, was Paulie G. leaving town?  The reason I say this, is because last year, we had a backup LB get cut, and was taken in by the Patriots.  He made a quote that was very damning to the attitude of the coaching staff.  Something along the lines of "It's nice to be in a place where your coaches actually acknowledge your presence.  When I was in Cincinnati, I could walk right past my coach in the hall, and never even be acknowledged".  

I know that is just one, semi-vague example, but Paulie G. just struck me as having the demeanor of an asshole.  Perhaps his leaving, and the hiring of Coach Austin, was the door of opportunity for a change in culture?  The same can possibly be said on the offensive side of the ball, as well.  Ken Zampese and Paul Alexander struck me as "high brow" type personalities, where they thought they were smarter than you, and weren't bashful at letting you know they thought you were less than them.  When I listen to guys like Bill Lazor and Frank Pollack speak, there is no denying their knowledge of their profession, yet they still come off as very personable and approachable people.

Maybe I'm way off in the weeds on this, but those are my thoughts on the matter.  FWIW, aside from a couple of miscues, I thought Dre K. played a pretty good game.  If it took coaching changes and subtracting a couple of bad attitudes from the room, to bring out the better in him, so be it.  The team paid him well, I'd like to see his play on the field continue to reflect it.

I'd guess what your saying was at least part of the problem.

Good to hear DreK growing up
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2018, 11:04 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: 7ea9100cd5ba8ab38c45f04ff2b13aff275518ab...13d9c8.jpg]

You can't?
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2018, 01:19 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: You can't?

Have you read some of his posts in game day threads? Guy has an irrational hatred for Geno and talks about jumping on the Browns bandwagon...

so no I can’t tell.

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2018, 10:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Have you read some of his posts in game day threads? Guy has an irrational hatred for Geno and talks about jumping on the Browns bandwagon...

so no I can’t tell.

Rock On
Reply/Quote