Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Revenge for Juju's hit on Burfict
(12-23-2020, 11:33 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Guy really isn't a WR1 though. He benefitted so much from Antonio Brown drawing the best CB and double coverage.
He's averaging less than 50 YPG, which would put him yet again well under 1000 yards by season's end.
He's set to hit FA this offseason, so I wonder if the Steelers offer him a WR1 contract or tag him.

Saw a stat that he's only had one 100 yd game since 2018?

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2020, 10:14 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Where’s “Jerry” Porter??

Correct, my friend...above Antonio Brown.  Fixed it....
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2020, 11:54 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Saw a stat that he's only had one 100 yd game since 2018?

For real? Tee already has 2 in 14 games (and he really didn’t even play week 1). JJSS was definitely riding AB’s coattails.

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2020, 10:25 AM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: The Colts game is in Pittsburgh and that should be a great game to watch. If the Steelers lose, then they go to Cleveland with them and the Browns with identical records (unless the Jets win two in a row, ha ha). That's the game of the year.

JuJu's hit on Burfict three years ago was a malicious cheap shot. The one delivered by the boys on Monday night was good, tough defensive football with great execution on the challenge by Zac. 

I hope if Vonn Bell ever returns a fumble or an INT for a touchdown, that he has it fully prepared to have a Bengals re-enact the play where JJSS got blown up, throwing the ball as a re-enactment of the fumble.  Just like JJSS did a TD celebration of the hit that concussed Burfict.  Asshole.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2020, 12:57 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I hope if Vonn Bell ever returns a fumble or an INT for a touchdown, that he has it fully prepared to have a Bengals re-enact the play where JJSS got blown up, throwing the ball as a re-enactment of the fumble.  Just like JJSS did a TD celebration of the hit that concussed Burfict.  Asshole.

No need for us to drop to their level...  
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2020, 11:54 AM)Wyche Wrote: Saw a stat that he's only had one 100 yd game since 2018?

Correct. The only game he's hit 100+ yards since the start of last year was 10-28-2019 vs MIA. It was just 103 yards.
Chase Claypool has more yards and TDs this year than JJSS, which would technically put him as WR2 in terms of production.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Pittsburgh reporters love to make the Bengals out to be the bad guys. Heck, most of the Steelers fans replying to the Tweet know that the story is BS.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2020, 11:33 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Guy really isn't a WR1 though. He benefitted so much from Antonio Brown drawing the best CB and double coverage.
He's averaging less than 50 YPG, which would put him yet again well under 1000 yards by season's end.
He's set to hit FA this offseason, so I wonder if the Steelers offer him a WR1 contract or tag him.

Yeah definitely... He hasn't seemed as deadly since AB left. I was just pointing out he's pretty tough. A lot of guys would've had to lay there and think about that hit for a minute. Vonn Bell probably recovers that fumble if he didn't trip over JuJu already bouncing back up.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Digging through the archives to come up with that reasoning. If that was true, I would have expected the reaction long before this matchup. Kinda hard to picture Vonn dwelling on something he wasn't even around for. But hey, whatever. Clearly not enough from the game the other night to talk about they gotta make weird things up.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2020, 10:02 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I know you didn't ask, but, my steeler hatred list would go like this:

Fat, rapist pig
Crines Ward
Mike Tomlin
David DeCastro (always seemed to punk Burfict and get a flag out of it)
Every official that ever called a Bengals/steelers game
Joey Porter (Thanks NC, forgot him for a moment....)
Antonio Brown
Troy Polumalu (not very fair, because it is largely because the guy was so good but always lead with his head)
Every fat, uneducated loser that cheers for the steelers as though it somehow makes them less of a loser by cheering for a team that wins.  Usually also a buckeye fan (because pitt U sucks ass), Yankees fan (because the pirates suck ass), and Lakers fan.  
Roger Goodell (because he is essentially a steeler)

WhoDey2  You forgot the head douche baggerist:  Fn Bill Cowher! We Dey. kiss my ass...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
JuJu says he’s gonna stop dancing on logos so IMO we did the whole world a favor. Who Dey!
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2020, 11:52 AM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah, Jerry gots to be on that list, and near the top.

Whether he played with us for a stint or not, James Harrison was on my list as well.  He was nasty.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2020, 02:09 PM)JSR18 Wrote: WhoDey2  You forgot the head douche baggerist:  Fn Bill Cowher! We Dey. kiss my ass...

Thanks, JSR!  He is at the bottom of the list....but still on the list.  
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2020, 05:09 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: JuJu says he’s gonna stop dancing on logos so IMO we did the whole world a favor. Who Dey!

[Image: jujudanced.jpg]

[Image: 9e92dd8c-1f12-4426-b7ac-131dca1d294a_screenshot.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I think the story is BS. Who is left from that time? Geno? If it was Pacman, I could see it, but Bell doesn't care about VB.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2020, 11:47 AM)Wyche Wrote: I ain't buying it. Vonn talked before the game about it, and then he made good on his promise. Mac was in his face a few times as well. Neither of them were here when Burfict got laid out.
Hmm
Hilarious https://www.yahoo.com/sports/ju-ju-smith-schuster-says-hell-stop-dancing-on-opposing-team-logos-194346014.html
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2020, 12:55 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: For real? Tee already has 2 in 14 games (and he really didn’t even play week 1). JJSS was definitely riding AB’s coattails.

Yep, saw it on a discussion on Cincy Jungle.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2020, 08:55 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Hmm
Hilarious https://www.yahoo.com/sports/ju-ju-smith-schuster-says-hell-stop-dancing-on-opposing-team-logos-194346014.html

Smarter than he looks...

Actually this feels like Tomlin told him he's done dancing on logos.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Part of me hopes we are the classier team, but then part of me really hopes we celebrate a big play this week by reenacting that hit. Then they can call it revenge for that hit. As it is now, I doubt anyone on the team thought about it Monday night.

Also, one thing I feel is lost in this is that Bell’s hit was a clean, legal hit. Juju’s was a cheap, blindside block with a taunt thrown in for good measure. They aren’t even remotely close to being on the same level.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2020, 11:28 AM)BengalsFan1986 Wrote: Part of me hopes we are the classier team, but then part of me really hopes we celebrate a big play this week by reenacting that hit. Then they can call it revenge for that hit. As it is now, I doubt anyone on the team thought about it Monday night.

Also, one thing I feel is lost in this is that Bell’s hit was a clean, legal hit. Juju’s was a cheap, blindside block with a taunt thrown in for good measure. They aren’t even remotely close to being on the same level.

I forgot they did the little reenactment celebration the following week. Lol ya they should definitely do that if possible.
Reply/Quote