Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rex Burkhead carving out a roll in Patriots backfield
That is what CBS SPORTS is saying today in Fantasy Football News. Yesterday it was Mixon had eye opening game. Now today it's Burkhead. I can see Burkhead running and catching Tom Brady passes. I can see that. The type of guy that might fit right in with Patriots Coach demand for players knowing their rolls in TEAM CONCEPT. He is so far down the list in Fantasy Football he is off the charts. Maybe a guy to keep eyes on early in season as a very possible Free Agent Fantasy Football addition in season before all others see he is getting runs and passes.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Him and Mixon would have been a great combo to have. But at least he is on greener pastures.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Did anyone think that Burkhead wouldn't fit in with the Patriots? I mean, c'mon. They are masters at identifying personnel that have the exact skill set that they are looking to fit into their game plan.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2017, 07:08 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Did anyone think that Burkhead wouldn't fit in with the Patriots?  I mean, c'mon.  They are masters at identifying personnel that have the exact skill set that they are looking to fit into their game plan.
Blount gained 1,000 yards for Patriots and now with Philly this year.  Not expected to gain 1,000 yards with Philly......but here we have Burkhead who was healthy and National TV announcers, not local, but National announcers last year were raving about what Burkhead was doing now that healthy and being given the ball with Bernard injured. ....Blount surprised everybody with 1,000 yards last year for Patriots....Could Burkhead replacing Blount continue what he was doing here, and gain the yards Blount did last year for Patriots ???

I remember the announcers saying, " If this Burkhead had not got injured, he would have went First Round.  Had this Burkhead had not been injured, he might have been an NFL Starter by now. He is healthy and running like an NFL Star now ".....This is what I heard announcers say in games last year....The Patriots are a perfect opportunity for a player to become a Super Bowl type player.  I am going to keep an eye on Mr Burkhead early on to see if I needed to get him off Free Agency and add him to my Fantasy Team bench. If Patriots use him a lot, he is a steal to add to my Fantasy Teams. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2017, 04:03 PM)kevin Wrote: That is what CBS SPORTS is saying today in Fantasy Football News.  Yesterday it was Mixon had eye opening game.  Now today it's Burkhead.  I can see Burkhead running and catching Tom Brady passes. I can see that. The type of guy that might fit right in with Patriots Coach demand for players knowing their rolls in TEAM CONCEPT.  He is so far down the list in Fantasy Football he is off the charts.  Maybe a guy to keep eyes on early in season as a very possible Free Agent Fantasy Football addition in season before all others see he is getting runs and passes.

NE RBs are a baaaaad choice in FF. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2017, 04:28 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: NE RBs are a baaaaad choice in FF. 

Yep, cuz they seem to use about eight of them.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2017, 07:08 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Did anyone think that Burkhead wouldn't fit in with the Patriots?  I mean, c'mon.  They are masters at identifying personnel that have the exact skill set that they are looking to fit into their game plan.

They no doubt already knew how they would use him before they signed him.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2017, 01:45 PM)McC Wrote: Yep, cuz they seem to use about eight of them.

Do you remember when Jonas Gray went for 200 yards and 4 TDs and then didn't even get a single tote the next game?

How many guys picked him up and then got jack squat the rest of the way?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I would imagine REXY will take over the dump passes and short routes like James White did last year. James was pretty effective and was decent at YAC. I see Rex being a better candidate. May see multiple 50-60yd games with 2TDs in his fantasy season. No.... You wont see it everygame, but in occasions where that type of planning against an opposing defense fits? You will see it.

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2017, 07:08 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Did anyone think that Burkhead wouldn't fit in with the Patriots? I mean, c'mon. They are masters at identifying personnel that have the exact skill set that they are looking to fit into their game plan.

ie white guys. The Patriots are so bored that they are trying to assemble a team of all white skill position players. James White is close enough because of his last name.... I kid. I kid.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2017, 04:28 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: NE RBs are a baaaaad choice in FF. 

Meh. Tell that to LeGarrette Blount and his 18 TDs last year.

I wouldn't go using a high pick on a NE RB, but they've had some useful RBs through the years.

Blount, Vareen, Woodhead, Dion Lewis, Maroney, Law Firm, etc.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2017, 01:05 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Meh. Tell that to LeGarrette Blount and his 18 TDs last year.

I wouldn't go using a high pick on a NE RB, but they've had some useful RBs through the years.

Blount, Vareen, Woodhead, Dion Lewis, Maroney, Law Firm, etc.

And you never know who's going to get the carries from week to week. Blount was the exception and even he was a crap shoot a lot of the time.

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2017, 01:47 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: And you never know who's going to get the carries from week to week. Blount was the exception and even he was a crap shoot a lot of the time.

That's the reputation and it's been true...to an extent, but all of the players I mentioned were useful in fantasy.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote