Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rex Ryan: Burrow is a 'slam dunk, no-brainer'
(04-08-2020, 08:29 PM)McC Wrote: Pretty sure I didn't sugar coat a damn thing.  I just stated a fact.

and I did also.. when you pick 2 1st round QBs in that type of span.. not good
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think we all know Burrow is the right pick. If the Dolphins wanted to give all their picks for the next 100yrs to get him, or even 3-5 over the next few, there is a reason. But, Burrow is our guy. We earned a chance to get a guy like this to lead our team. And as I’ve said before, MB is not in the business of making other teams better. Even if Burrow is a bust and we look like fools on what we passed to keep the pic? We would be fools had we not and he succeeded. He may be the golden one that wins us a few SBs, and changes (along with ZT) the view of this FO and the importance of winning.

Reply/Quote
Sanchez has 4 seasons with the Jets where he threw more INTs than TDs.. never was a start again after 4 seasons in the league...
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 08:31 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: and I did also.. when you pick 2 1st round QBs in that type of span.. not good

Since you are so clearly against taking Joe Burrow, who is your choice at QB?

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 08:34 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Sanchez has 4 seasons with the Jets where he threw more INTs than TDs.. never was a start again after 4 seasons in the league...

Who the **** cares?

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 08:31 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: and I did also.. when you pick 2 1st round QBs in that type of span.. not good

Okay.  I don't disagree.

But wasn't Geno a second rounder?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
But since we’re posting useless facts about a mediocre QB that hasn’t played in years, here’s one for you: Mark Sanchez has 4 playoff wins. That’s more than any QB we’ve ever had.

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 08:33 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I think we all know Burrow is the right pick. If the Dolphins wanted to give all their picks for the next 100yrs to get him, or even 3-5 over the next few, there is a reason. But, Burrow is our guy. We earned a chance to get a guy like this to lead our team. And as I’ve said before, MB is not in the business of making other teams better. Even if Burrow is a bust and we look like fools on what we passed to keep the pic? We would be fools had we not and he succeeded. He may be the golden one that wins us a few SBs, and changes (along with ZT) the view of this FO and the importance of winning.
You give a good argument but I could also argue we have many holes and we might never be in this position again to field a team of multiple great to solid picks also understanding you would be getting a highly considered QB in Tua or Herbert if you made this deal....

A team should consider any trade and if the value of the trade outweighs picking Burrow I would do it.. if it does not in the Bengals eyes don;t do it.. No way we know at this time can we predict what is the right choice.. Burrow has played zero downs just as the other QBs or the multitude of players we would receive besides a QB.... 
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 08:38 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: You give a good argument but I could also argue we have many holes and we might never be in this position again to field a team of multiple great to solid picks also understanding you would be getting a highly considered QB in Tua or Herbert if you made this deal....

A team should consider any trade and if the value of the trade outweighs picking Burrow I would do it.. if it does not in the Bengals eyes don;t do it.. No way we know at this time can we predict what is the right choice.. Burrow has played zero downs just as the other QBs or the multitude of players we would receive besides a QB.... 

What the hell is a “highly considered” QB? And if Justin Herbert is one, count me out.

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 08:37 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: But since we’re posting useless facts about a mediocre QB that hasn’t played in years, here’s one for you: Mark Sanchez has 4 playoff wins. That’s more than any QB we’ve ever had.

I will agree he played well in playoffs but gone after 4 years and never even a starter again speaks volumes
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 08:40 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What the hell is a “highly considered” QB? And if Justin Herbert is one, count me out.

I count you out then, since he is and so is Tua.... the volume and value of what we could get for Burrow has to be weighed... 

Herbert and Tua I predict will go in the first 5 picks.. so your point is
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 08:42 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I will agree he played well in playoffs but gone after 4 years and never even a starter again speaks volumes

The greatest coach of all time drafted Ryan Mallet...

Good QB’s are really hard to find. Which is why we should take Joe Burrow and not think twice.

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 08:44 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I count you out then, since he is and so is Tua.... the volume and value of what we could get for Burrow has to be weighed... 

Herbert and Tua I predict will go in the first 5 picks.. so your point is

Ofc Tua will. Hell, if not for Burrow I’d be willing to roll the dice on him. But there’s a better option.

Taking Herbert that high would be a huge mistake. But teams make them every year so that’s nothing new.

Reply/Quote
I'd rather take Burrow and watch him fail than pass and watch him succeed.

Personally, I don't think he will fail. Nothing is guaranteed. However if we pass on him for 3 mediocore 1st round picks and he goes on to win some super bowls.... DAMN

Bengals haven't exactly been drafting winners lately.
Reply/Quote
Cheers to those posters on the Burrow hype train, I'm right there with you.

I know we're all feeling it...

[Image: mustkissjoeburrow.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 06:21 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Coming from a guy with some interesting draft pics as a head coach...

It's sorta irrelevant to this topic because it's not his pick to make, but Rex Ryan never developed 1 offensive draft pick... Not one.

The man did have an appreciation for a great pedi though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 07:53 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: The Burrow train won't be derailed.

The stay at home order just said "Hold my beer.".
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 08:26 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: Was Sanchez his pick or the GM?  Still they went to the AFC title game twice I believe

I dunno about Sanchez, but I don't think Geno Smith was his pick. He bad-mouthed him relentlessly, and signed the guy that knuckled Geno's face up in the Jets lockerroom when he got to Buffalo.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 08:35 PM)McC Wrote: Okay.  I don't disagree.

But wasn't Geno a second rounder?

I'm pretty sure he was...

I remember watching that round with my buddy... Tim Krumrie announced our pick. He struggled with Gio's first name, and for a split second I thought we had drafted Geno Smith.

We were soon to get Margus Hunt though...

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 10:21 PM)jason Wrote: It's sorta irrelevant to this topic because it's not his pick to make, but Rex Ryan never developed 1 offensive draft pick... Not one.

The man did have an appreciation for a great pedi though.

He was so into defense that he hated his own offense.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote