Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Rex Signs With Pats
I enjoyed having Burkhead here as a Bengal and the contributions he brought, but his departure will hardly be a reason this team struggles next year. I also don't understand the "Burkhead is gone, must mean we're drafting a RB high." if anything, I could see it as a sign we draft someone late in the draft who can play RB and special teams. I don't think it's indicative of the team using a pick early on the position.
Reply/Quote
Calling it now: Rex will make the pro bowl after getting significant touches with a coach like Bill Bellichick.
Reply/Quote
I feel like the Pats would've gotten rid of Hill and re-signed Rex if they were in our shoes.
Reply/Quote
Do you think the Pats would sign Hill or an injured Gio?  Hell no.

They just signed our best RB while we still have Hill.

Our front office is a complete joke but it all is explained by the failure to fire Marv after the playoff loss to Steelers.

What team in any sport keeps a coach with 7 consecutive playoff losses and not a single playoff victory in 15 years? I bet Fred Toast cannot name a single coach who has these metrics or anything close to these metrics.

What team in any sport keeps a coach who regularly loses- often twice a year for fifteen years- to their main rival?

Not firing Marv set an awful example for players and the complete lack of accountability allowed by front office.

We are going to finish fourth this year in the AFC North but after the season Marv and Bodine will get extensions. Probably Hill also and maybe Rey M.

This team is going to implode , ticket sales will crash, and Brown family will be out of Cincy as soon as lease expires.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 07:03 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Do you think the Pats would sign Hill or an injured Gio?  Hell no.

They just signed our best RB while we still have Hill.

Our front office is a complete joke but it all is explained by the failure to fire Marv after the playoff loss to Steelers.

What team in any sport keeps a coach with 7 consecutive playoff losses and not a single playoff victory in 15 years? I bet Fred Toast cannot name a single coach who has these metrics or anything close to these metrics.

What team in any sport keeps a coach who regularly loses- often twice a year for fifteen years- to their main rival?

Not firing Marv set an awful example for players and the complete lack of accountability allowed by front office.

We are going to finish fourth this year in the AFC North but after the season Marv and Bodine will get extensions. Probably Hill also and maybe Rey M.

This team is going to implode , ticket sales will crash, and Brown family will be out of Cincy as soon as lease expires.

I think the Pats would be happy to have Gio.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 07:02 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: I feel like the Pats would've gotten rid of Hill and re-signed Rex if they were in our shoes.

Well considering that would be, y'know, smart... I can't argue.  Whatever
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 07:02 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: I feel like the Pats would've gotten rid of Hill and re-signed Rex if they were in our shoes.

I am of like minded thinking, agree. I will purposely be picking up another Sunday brunch gig as opposed to watching this train wreck next season. Rather earn some dough in that time slot instead of having a stroke from being so disgusted and pissed off on Sundays.
Reply/Quote
I would have liked Burkhead back but he is very replaceable. It's not that big of a deal. Bernard and Hill are fine the offensive line/#2 Wr/ and dumb o coordinator are failures for running game.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Hill is still mentally that of a child IMO. He is not "fine", his performance is not "fine".

Burkhead is not very replaceable. He has some crazy stats that were visible obviously on the field, #1 in the league in recovery from a "failed play".

Hill's got TDs, we have to be 1st and goal from the 0.5 yard line, though. What we average next year, 12pts/game?
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Now we can replace Hobson with the authors of the Dick and Jane 1st grade reader..
Oh Oh, said Ced. See Rex run. 
Bow wow said Spot. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
You know, for the past few years, I've been pinning my hopes on Duke Tobin, who seems to be very sharp on player personnel. But I am beginning to wonder who the hell has their hand on the wheel down there. This whole off season is beginning to look like the voyage of the Titanic.

We had the perfect chance to get rid of the burned out Marvin when he lost control, and blew a playoff win that was in the bag, but we bring him back for a follow-up lousy season. There were bad breaks, and a bad schedule, I admit, but we looked very mediocre.

Now, here we go again, praying for a miracle draft.

Is Mike reasserting himself? Are Katie and Troy just a continuation of Mike, instead of the new thinking we hoped for? Was Duke gaining too much influence for Marvin and Mike? This draft could tell us a lot.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 06:32 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Bill Belichick will make Rex Burkhead a star. I'm happy for Rex but sad for the Bengals who are once again the triple-A farm team for the rest of the league.

Yup, Good for Rex ! I don't blame anyone for bidding farewell to this dumpster fire. 

And I wouldn't surprised at all to see Rex shine in NE.
Reply/Quote
I am not surprised sexy left. I am surprised he went to New England as they seem to have 2 backs fairly similar to him. I do wish we could have kept him depending on the contract he got.

What pisses me off the most is that last year, once aj was shut down, Rex should have been starting the remaining games. Honestly he should have started a little earlier. This would have given them a more accurate view of what they had with. At least he might have signed a bigger contract and we get a higher comp pick
Reply/Quote
Hold on to your hats . The Bengals have a long term plan to suck for several years then we can all get excited when they finally go from dead last place to a one and done in the playoffs in about 15 years from now.  
See how this works? You guys are so short sighted about the long term future. I think the actual plan is for the Bengals to forever be the minor league team of the NFL. Players get to hone their crafts here then move on.  Too bad it doesn't work that way for team ownership as well. 

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote

No, not at all. This organization is ran exactly like the Patriots ! Just ask Hobspin  Ninja  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 07:37 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: No, not at all. This organization is ran exactly like the Patriots ! Just ask Hobspin  Ninja  Hilarious

Oh oh, said Ced..... see Dick and Jane reader hobson.. 

Reply/Quote
Watch him have a monster year. He will have one of if not the best coaches ever in a system built to win Super Bowls.
Reply/Quote
Blew my mind when I read they will look to re-sign Peerman...

Marvin may be sabotaging us. He is mad he didnt get his contrsct extension so he said F it I will run them into the ground.

Worst free agency I can remember since I have cared to pay attention.
Reply/Quote
He's going to make a game-changing play in next year's Super Bowl, and I will cry, laugh and vomit all at the same time.

I'm honestly happy for the young man and his family. He's getting a chance to play for the greatest franchise there is.

I'm also pissed, but I'm a Bengals fan and it's March so that's a given.
Reply/Quote
I am surprised no one is talking about the impact that Rex had on special teams. He was one of the best in the league in tackles
Season ticket holder since 2003. Lifetime Bengals fan, through thick and thin.
Reply/Quote