Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Rex Signs With Pats
(03-14-2017, 05:53 PM)Clep Wrote: Yep... definitely a fantasy sleeper for non Bengals fans. I really hope he does great, even though he's playing in the same conference. He deserves it
I hope he leads the NFL as a RB. It would serve Mikey and his cluster**** front office right!
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 06:34 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Will be interesting to see how they use him with Lewis.

He will be their next Amendola
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 06:28 PM)magikod Wrote: I'm interested to see what he signed for. I was really hoping we would re-sign him.

Me too, but he knew the Bengals would stick with Hill *&&*^& and he would get very few snaps. GOOD YOU REX. I hope he lights it up this year with the Pats.

SCREW MIKEY!
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 05:48 PM)Clep Wrote: Patriots making all the right moves this offseason... meanwhile the Bengals are losing half of their team!

http://www.patriots.com/news/2017/03/14/patriots-sign-unrestricted-free-agent-rb-rex-burkhead

The Patriots are the team that knows how to use a multi-dimensional RB like Rex. He'll be a star there and Marv will look stupid for not using him.

The Bengals are behaving like a punch drunk fighter who doesn't know he's in the ring. They're looking at drafting a RB without fixing the O-line, yet have RBs but don't want to sign or extend them.

On one hand here we have the SB champions with cap space to spend and using it wisely, and on the other we have the Bengals artificially reducing their own cap space and they can't seem to get anything done. Wow!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
It sucks, yes he is replaceable but will he be? What a perfect fit for him. I'm going to cringe watching him play like a pro bowler while Hill continues to struggle for 1 yard. Happy for him. BB will show Marvin how to use a player like him. Must be nice to just win the SB and still be aggressive in FA like a team that hasn't won a playoff game in 30 damn years.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 08:16 PM)BengalChris Wrote: The Patriots are the team that knows how to use a multi-dimensional RB like Rex. He'll be a star there and Marv will look stupid for not using him.

The Bengals are behaving like a punch drunk fighter who doesn't know he's in the ring. They're looking at drafting a RB without fixing the O-line, yet have RBs but don't want to sign or extend them.

On one hand here we have the SB champions with cap space to spend and using it wisely, and on the other we have the Bengals artificially reducing their own cap space and they can't seem to get anything done. Wow!

We on this board are biased for sure. I would like to see some impartial opinions from outside our circle as to what clear-thinking football people say about the way this franchise approaches professional football.
I can no longer be even a little objective.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 08:27 PM)Derrick Wrote: We on this board are biased for sure. I would like to see some impartial opinions from outside our circle as to what clear-thinking football people say about the way this franchise approaches professional football.
I can no longer be even a little objective.

Here's the last paragraph of the following article: http://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/3/12/14888242/bengals-free-agency-game-give-take

Quote:The Bengals seemingly enter free agency knowing they'll have a worse roster after it's over. Their main objecting in free agency is to minimize the level of “worseness” that their roster undergoes, hoping they can get back to where they started through their draft picks. This strategy makes it difficult for a team to ever get better. Rather it is a perpetual mechanism of sameness which slowly bleeds the roster dry.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 05:51 PM)McC Wrote: Good for him.  Now he can get a ring.  They are screwing themselves on comp picks, though.

Definitely not a model model organization.  Signing top end, mid range, and bargain FA's.  Trading picks to upgrade weaknesses.  Leveraging backups to acquire more picks.  Not maximizing comp picks.  Losers.  What do they know?
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 08:01 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Blew my mind when I read they will look to re-sign Peerman...

Marvin may be sabotaging us. He is mad he didnt get his contrsct extension so he said F it I will run them into the ground.

Worst free agency I can remember since I have cared to pay attention.

Peerman brings zero as a running back, and should've been cut years ago.  Special teams guys should be at cheap, and at least serviceable in their positions.  Peerman is a terrible RB, and costs too much.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 07:03 PM)bengals67 Wrote: This team is going to implode , ticket sales will crash, and Brown family will be out of Cincy as soon as lease expires.

I agreed 100% up until this. Then I checked to see if you were new. LOL. 
Reply/Quote
Well, what do you expect from a rebuild? I called most FA's walking and the rebuild had begun over a month ago. Most people here replied no way. Well way.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Somehow I missed this seeing this earlier... Their loyalty to Hill who fumbled away the playoff loss and who has digressed since his rookie year is just mindblowing. ****in Bengals I swear.

Anyways good for Rex. As long as he will be healthy, he should be a solid weapon in Brady's offense. Patriots making solid moves since last Thursday, Bengals doing squat unless Andre counts. Ffs they just won the SB too! lol sigh
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 05:48 PM)Clep Wrote: Patriots making all the right moves this offseason... meanwhile the Bengals are losing half of their team!

http://www.patriots.com/news/2017/03/14/patriots-sign-unrestricted-free-agent-rb-rex-burkhead

1/2 the team... we lost two main starters on offense.. keep two main starters.. lost a 3rd string RB and an older veteran Dline... 

not sure about your math
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 08:16 PM)BengalChris Wrote: The Patriots are the team that knows how to use a multi-dimensional RB like Rex. He'll be a star there and Marv will look stupid for not using him.

I cant agree at all with your post.. first Gio has performed better than Rex so to act like Rex has been just passed over it just flat wrong.. also Hill had a great rookie year.. suppar last two years but still scored over 20 TDS i believe... so it is not like we have not done well with RBs.. and we extended Gio.. I can understand being upset at losing Rex but your facts just don;t fit well..  also you might as well compare the Patriots with 90 percent of the league not just the Bengals.. they are beating all the teams not just the Bengals... 
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 09:00 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Definitely not a model model organization.  Signing top end, mid range, and bargain FA's.  Trading picks to upgrade weaknesses.  Leveraging backups to acquire more picks.  Not maximizing comp picks.  Losers.  What do they know?

(03-14-2017, 11:10 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: 1/2 the team... we lost two main starters on offense.. keep two main starters.. lost a 3rd string RB and an older veteran Dline... 

not sure about your math

I can see the argument that people are being drama queens, but you have to realize we saw a lot of "addition by subtraction" last year and we were rewarded with an offense that went from 4th to 26th and a win total from 12 to being lucky to get 6.  Optimism blew up in our faces last year, so some dread is only natural.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 06:09 PM)McC Wrote: They used to have a Woodhead, now they have a Burkhead.

Well, we've got a Blockhead.  Sadly he owns the team.   Sad

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 11:15 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I cant agree at all with your post.. first Gio has performed better than Rex so to act like Rex has been just passed over it just flat wrong.. also Hill had a great rookie year.. suppar last two years but still scored over 20 TDS i believe... so it is not like we have not done well with RBs.. and we extended Gio.. I can understand being upset at losing Rex but your facts just don;t fit well..  also you might as well compare the Patriots with 90 percent of the league not just the Bengals.. they are beating all the teams not just the Bengals... 

The fact that a team like the Patriots, who recognize talent better than most teams, makes a play for one of your players should make you think that you have someone who can certainly contribute to your team. In his limited action, Burkhead did very well. It's not like he would have cost the Bengals big bucks and they would fill a need be keeping him as well.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 11:26 PM)Burma Wrote: Well, we've got a Blockhead.  Sadly he owns the team.   Sad

I thought D1ckhead owned the team?
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 11:10 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: 1/2 the team... we lost two main starters on offense.. keep two main starters.. lost a 3rd string RB and an older veteran Dline... 

not sure about your math

(03-14-2017, 11:21 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I can see the argument that people are being drama queens, but you have to realize we saw a lot of "addition by subtraction" last year and we were rewarded with an offense that went from 4th to 26th and a win total from 12 to being lucky to get 6.  Optimism blew up in our faces last year, so some dread is only natural.

I can see both sides of this argument, but it is important to remember a few things about the off-season moves.

1) Zeitler was never coming back. The team said it from day one, and he said it after the last game. So, it was a bad move but a move we knew was coming.

2) Peko was wanted but probably not for the money he got and to be fair the way this board bangs on him, not sure why people cared? I did want him back, but not at the price Denver paid.

3) Whit was a crushing blow. This move flat out sucked...no other way to describe it. This move is the shit show of the off-season.

4) Hunt was not wanted by anyone on this board and him leaving should not be viewed as a big deal. The bitching should be about him being a 2nd round pick in the first place.

5) Rex was never coming back. He was a 3rd string guy who the Bengals valued as a wildcard but they are already looking at RBs in a very good RB draft. Burkhead went to the right place for him, he is a rotational guy, not an every down guy. Having Gio, Hill and a guy like Fournette and where was Rex going to play??

The issues with this off-season is the lack of preparation or back-up plans the team has had for losing a Whit or letting Zeitler go. That is what is a real kick in the ass.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 11:27 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: I thought D1ckhead owned the team?

Oh hell!  How did I miss that one?  LOL well played.

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote