Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rey Maualuga on Injury Report
Why hasn't anyone mentioned this:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/07/30/bengals-place-rey-maualuga-on-non-football-injury-list/
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2015, 08:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Why hasn't anyone mentioned this:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/07/30/bengals-place-rey-maualuga-on-non-football-injury-list/

I dunno, but apparently you and I got the notion to at the same time!  Lol

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Blessing is disguise maybe. PJ Dawson may get some snaps at MLB.

Our LB corps is the walking wounded.

Reply/Quote
Not sure if it has been posted elsewhere but it also mentioned that Cobi Hamilton was released and Greg Little signed. This begs the question: Is Greg Little the new Dennis Roland?
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2015, 09:06 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Not sure if it has been posted elsewhere but it also mentioned that Cobi Hamilton was released and Greg Little signed.  This begs the question:  Is Greg Little the new Dennis Roland?

Yep, It's in the Greg Little thread. We also brought in a no name UDFA

Reply/Quote
Partly Cloudy. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2015, 08:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Our LB corps is the walking wounded.

.....and has been for the better part of the last season and a half.  I feel they should've done more to address the issue, but that's water under the bridge now.

Reply/Quote
(07-30-2015, 09:34 PM)Wyche Wrote: .....and has been for the better part of the last season and a half.  I feel they should've done more to address the issue, but that's water under the bridge now.

Here's to hoping AJ Hawk can return to form and play either Mike or Will. 

Reply/Quote
(07-30-2015, 09:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Here's to hoping AJ Hawk can return to form and play either Mike or Will. 

This is why they signed Hawk. For stuff like this ... Dawson will work Will until Tez is back.
Reply/Quote
Why am I biting my nails?
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't root for guys to get injured, but this news doesn't bother me much at all. Maybe someone can step up while he's out and take over his spot.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
Rey actually played well at the end of last season and was a key part in the defenses turn around.  While I don't think this cripples us it could be a significant injury if it lingers into the season.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I'm going to assume it's really minor and Rey will be practicing next week. That's is, until we hear something more definitive.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2015, 03:05 AM)Shady Wrote: I'm going to assume it's really minor and Rey will be practicing next week. That's is, until we hear something more definitive.

As things stand we have Dawson and Hawk at LB. This raises the frightening possibility of us seeing the execrable Lamur out there getting owned like he did last season... 
Reply/Quote
There are two young MLB on the roster that will love the extra snaps, Nico Johnson and Trevor Roach.
Reply/Quote
Not a emergency at this point. Just have to be ready to go when the season starts.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2015, 09:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Here's to hoping AJ Hawk can return to form and play either Mike or Will. 

Fo sho.....or we could be in a tight spot.

Reply/Quote
(07-30-2015, 08:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Blessing is disguise maybe. PJ Dawson may get some snaps at MLB.

Our LB corps is the walking wounded.

Having anybody get hurt is not a blessing in disguise.  Just saying.  This team needs depth.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2015, 10:09 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: This is why they signed Hawk.    For stuff like this ...  Dawson will work Will until Tez is back.

Agreed and I wouldn't be surprised if Hawk plays better than Rey.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2015, 10:09 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: This is why they signed Hawk.    For stuff like this ...  Dawson will work Will until Tez is back.
Agreed,  Hawk can also play MLB.  If Maualuga isn't ready (I am assuming he will be), then I could see Rey at WLB (Dawson behind Rey),  Hawk at MLB, and Lemur at SLB to start.  I think Dawson has potential, but I don't think he is ready to "start" at this point.   He played OLB in a primarily 5-2 Defense at TCU,  Playing MLB in a 4-3 Defense is a bird of a different feather so he is learning some new schemes.  Ideally you want to set him up to succeed, not throw him to the wolves.  So Lets just wait and see how training camp goes for Dawson.

Maybe Maualuga is just being a little cautious going into Training Camp as he had some Hamstring issues during OTA's.   This news also gives some life to Nico Johnson as well.  Don't forget that UDFA Roach also started at MLB and played that position behind Will Compton (Currently #51 MLB for the Washington Redskins) at Nebraska.  Bo Pelini utilized a 4-3 Pro-Style Defense when he coached at Nebraska.  Roach played for Pelini in this 4-3 scheme for five years.  I know, he's a young UDFA, but he already has the foundation set up for the position.

Training camp will reveal all things!! Cool
Reply/Quote