Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rey Maualuga passes physical
Rey Maualuga cleared for practice...per PFT

Rey Maualuga passes physical, comes off NFI list

Posted by Josh Alper on August 10, 2015, 10:53 AM EDT

Rey Maualuga, Emmanuel Lamur, Jayson DiManche
AP

The Bengals opened camp with two of their linebackers out of commission because of injuries, but they’ll get one of them back this week.

The team announced Monday that Rey Maualuga has passed his physical and cleared to start practicing after a stint on the non-football injury list. Maualuga was dealing with hamstring issues and his return gives the Bengals another piece to put in action while they wait for Vontaze Burfict to get his own green light after microfracture surgery.

This week’s Bengals practices will include joint affairs with the Giants on Tuesday and Wednesday, which may mean Maualuga is limited to work with his teammates in order to ease him back into the flow. The Bengals and Giants will open their preseason schedule on Friday and it seems unlikely that Maualuga will have enough practice work between now and then to take part in the contest.

Maualuga signed a three-year, $15 million deal to remain with the Bengals this offseason. He had 59 tackles and an interception in 12 games last year.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
This is great news. LB is likely the weakest position group on the team, we need all of our pieces back asap.
Reply/Quote
Glad he's back because we need chemistry on the defense and we need our leader out there bringing them together.

Our front four should be AMAZING, so I'm hoping that they occupy linemen enough that Rey's just free to make plays and take his game to another level.
Reply/Quote
who-dey.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We definitely need him. Glad he's back.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2015, 01:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: who-dey.

I laughed so hard at this....
Reply/Quote
Kind of reminds me of the Red Stripe commercials, hooray beer! Red Stripe, it's beer! But, how many of you actually buy, drink, and enjoy Red Stripe??
Just what I thought, me neither.

With that analogy in mind: So, an oft injured MLB that signed his 3rd pro deal at the whopping sum of 5M/per, just came back from the NFIR. And everybody is supposed to be elated? The same way when we showed up with 3 kegs of Natty Light to a Frat party... The moral? You know it's no good, but it's a hell of a lot better than nothing..

Hooray mediocrity!

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2015, 08:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Kind of reminds me of the Red Stripe commercials, hooray beer!  Red Stripe, it's beer!  But, how many of you actually buy, drink, and enjoy Red Stripe??
Just what I thought, me neither.

With that analogy in mind:  So, an oft injured MLB that signed his 3rd pro deal at the whopping sum of 5M/per, just came back from the NFIR.  And everybody is supposed to be elated?  The same way when we showed up with 3 kegs of Natty Light to a Frat party...  The moral?  You know it's no good, but it's a hell of a lot better than nothing..

Hooray mediocrity!

Haha!!  That is right on and funny!

But, I guess we should be happy that we do have one of our "starting" LB's back. ThumbsUp
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote