Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Richard Sherman suggests strike!
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/sherman-players-must-consider-strike-to-get-nba-mlb-money/ar-BBEjGiX
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hmm, I guess he should have gotten better at Baseball or Basketball. Mellow

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Richard Sherman has the biggest ego and mouth in the league!
Happy Halloween
Reply/Quote
He plays in the most popular league in North America, which has no guaranteed contracts, while less popular sports offer guaranteed contracts. Sounds like they have a bargaining position that should be exploited.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
When Ocho Cinco was trash talking the Bengals on every National TV Station and Newspaper, I said the Bengals were around WAY BEFORE Ocho and will be around WAY AFTER Ocho.

I now say.....The NFL was around WAY BEFORE Sherman and will be around WAY AFTER Sherman. ....With that awful Seattle Offensive Line, he might as well not play this year. Arizona and LA Rams are better than Seattle.

I'll add Collinsworth talking about a 1980's NFL Strike. He said the owners put in replacement players like the movie.....and fans still came out and watched on TV like the movie....and the games still counted like the movie.....Because Fans will show up no matter who is wearing their team uniform, Collinsworth said it was a short strike. The NFL Players Union DOES NOT have the same power as the ML Baseball Players Union or the NBA Players Union.

and, Sherman makes BIG BUCKS.....I feel sorry for Old Time Greats like Leroy Kelly who didn't get paid much and in his old age was very broke. That is something NFL could do something about. A better retirement for the guys who made the NFL as huge as it is, but played before THE BIG MONEY.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Everyone is entitled to their own opinions which is not the same as anyone having to pay attention to it. 

My opinion is _________! You have to agree or _______ will happen..

Feel free to insert whatever you want in the provided underscore lines. I will always respect your opinion unless I disagree and the odds of me agreeing are probably not as good as you might think. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Sherman is just an asshat....

No matter what anyone here says about him.
Reply/Quote
Richard Sherman DOESN'T suggest:

1. Making football a 5-on-5 game, with 10-man benches.
or
2. Making football rosters 25 men, and having everyone spend 4-6 years in a minor league, traveling on buses, making below minimum wage, and eating PB&J sandwiches 3 meals a day.

So newsflash, you all aren't getting NBA or MLB money. That's just not how math works. Meanwhile it's easy for Sherman to suggest a strike while he sits on his $36.6m he's earned in his career so far and $11.4m he'll earn in 2017.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote