Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Richardson = Possible trade
Sheldon Richardson is being shopped. The down side is he is only signed through 2017 at 8 million. The good news is we could probably get him for one of our 4th round picks.

Thoughts?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 01:08 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Sheldon Richardson is being shopped. The down side is he is only signed through 2017 at 8 million. The good news is we could probably get him for one of our 4th round picks.

Thoughts?

I wouldn't mind. Doubt it would happen though
Reply/Quote
Not going to happen. If we were going to do something, whether it be AJM or Richardson, it would have happened.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 01:10 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Not going to happen. If we were going to do something, whether it be AJM or Richardson, it would have happened.

Why? We just got an additional 4th round pick hours ago.

Maybe the discussion is happening as we speak, maybe not. I would prefer he get signed to a 3 year deal prior to the rade though which likely would not happen

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 01:12 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Why? We just got an additional 4th round pick hours ago.

Maybe the discussion is happening as we speak, maybe not. I would prefer he get signed to a 3 year deal prior to the rade though which likely would not happen

It might happen. I don't know anything, nor have any knowledge ready to go with. I'm just going off the Bengals I know and love.

Richardson is a lot of money. We have added talent, and have talent that hasn't really had much time to play (Billings). Richardson is spending money in the wrong position, as far as I'm concerned...That being said, we did just draft a running back to go with our other two starting running backs.

[Image: tenor.gif]

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
Pass. Expensive and expecting a huge contract. Gave up on his team. And isnt this the guy who was driving 100+ mph while intoxicated with a kid in the car.

Im one of the first to people to look past off field stuff.

This dude is a shitbag
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 01:15 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: It might happen. I don't know anything, nor have any knowledge ready to go with. I'm just going off the Bengals I know and love.

Richardson is a lot of money. We have added talent, and have talent that hasn't really had much time to play (Billings). Richardson is spending money in the wrong position, as far as I'm concerned...That being said, we did just draft a running back to go with our other two starting running backs.

I don't see a high probability either, but to replace Richardson with Gilberry or Hardison is an instnt upgrade and he could help train Billings

Reply/Quote
They are wanting to deal Pryor away too. I thought he was pretty good. This is the same Pryor from The Ohio St right.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 01:15 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: It might happen. I don't know anything, nor have any knowledge ready to go with. I'm just going off the Bengals I know and love.

Jeremy Hill won't be a starter for very long...
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 01:18 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Pass. Expensive and expecting a huge contract. Gave up on his team. And isnt this the guy who was driving 100+ mph while intoxicated with a kid in the car.

Im one of the first to people to look past off field stuff.

This dude is a shitbag

Agree, very expensive, I did not know about the driving 100 MPH (DUI) which changes everything for me.

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 01:18 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote:  

This dude is a shitbag

And suddenly the Bengals are probably interested in him...
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 09:33 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: And suddenly the Bengals are probably interested in him...

Yep, you can get great value on shitbags
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 09:41 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Yep, you can get great value on shitbags

I know you are kidding, but the value they actually get is the tarnished image of a team with no morals or values and you become a punching bag in the media.  Do we honestly believe that none of the NFL officials have this opinion of the Bengals?  Does human nature of that hatred not affect their judgement?  I would offer that it absolutely does.  

If we took Cook instead of Mixon and had released Adam Jones IMMEDIATELY after that video, I would honestly believe that the Bengals could have built a better reputation and the team could actually be better.  I just don't get it.

I know, I know...shut up and get over it.  

I'm trying.  I am so happy with everything else the team has done that this one selection (and the retention of Jones) just stands out like a sore thumb.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 02:17 AM)TKUHL Wrote: They are wanting to deal Pryor away too. I thought he was pretty good. This is the same Pryor from The Ohio St right.

No, not the same guy.

Calvin Pryor is a S for the Jets. The Bengals wouldn't need him.

Sheldon Richardson, however... Yeah, they could use that guy.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 11:03 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I know you are kidding, but the value they actually get is the tarnished image of a team with no morals or values and you become a punching bag in the media.  Do we honestly believe that none of the NFL officials have this opinion of the Bengals?  Does human nature of that hatred not affect their judgement?  I would offer that it absolutely does.  

If we took Cook instead of Mixon and had released Adam Jones IMMEDIATELY after that video, I would honestly believe that the Bengals could have built a better reputation and the team could actually be better.  I just don't get it.

I'm trying.  I am so happy with everything else the team has done that this one selection (and the retention of Jones) just stands out like a sore thumb.

Nope I'm with you 100%, I don't think people fully realize all the ways that having these types of guys on the team affects it. There are countless ways these guys hurt the team and most go unnoticed. And refs absolutely 100% go off of reputation, they even admit it
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 11:03 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I know you are kidding, but the value they actually get is the tarnished image of a team with no morals or values and you become a punching bag in the media.  Do we honestly believe that none of the NFL officials have this opinion of the Bengals?  Does human nature of that hatred not affect their judgement?  I would offer that it absolutely does.  

Cook has much bigger, and more numerous red flags than Mixon.

I'm not that worried about moral compassing. I think that the Bengals have done outstanding with the guys they've drafted in that way.

And despite Adam Jone's recent issues, which I think are WAY WAY overblown, the Bengals have been OUTSTANDING in the community. OUTSTANDING.

The Bengals are considered a 1st class organization in the NFL by many. Sheldon Richardson and Joe Mixon are not going to tarnish that image in the eyes of most. Greg Hardy would have. Some of the guys the Cowboys have taken recently would have. But that's not where the Bengals are at.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 02:17 AM)TKUHL Wrote: They are wanting to deal Pryor away too. I thought he was pretty good. This is the same Pryor from The Ohio St right.

I wouldnt mind taking a look at pryor if the price is right. RIchardson seems like too much money right now.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 11:11 AM)PDub80 Wrote: Cook has much bigger, and more numerous red flags than Mixon.

I'm not that worried about moral compassing. I think that the Bengals have done outstanding with the guys they've drafted in that way.

And despite Adam Jone's recent issues, which I think are WAY WAY overblown, the Bengals have been OUTSTANDING in the community. OUTSTANDING.

The Bengals are considered a 1st class organization in the NFL by many. Sheldon Richardson and Joe Mixon are not going to tarnish that image in the eyes of most. Greg Hardy would have. Some of the guys the Cowboys have taken recently would have. But that's not where the Bengals are at.

I would disagree on Cook's issues being worse than Mixon, especially in the court of public opinion.  Do you think the Vikings will have perception issues of their team?  Nope, because they didn't already earn that reputation.  

And the fact that the Bengals have been outstanding in the community (which is great, and I completely agree) does little if anything to change the perception that they have earned.  You know they do great work.  I know they do great work, but the other 99.9% of people don't....they just parrot what they will hear on ESPN and the NFL network.  

Ever heard the saying "perception is reality".  It is 100% accurate and the perception that the Bengals have a bunch of thugs, criminals, etc. is the public's perception and instead of trying to change that perception (I thought they were for a while), they seem to thumb their noses at it.  

I am just as pissed that Adam Jones is still on the Bengals.  In my opinion, you don't disrespect an officer of the law like that and get away with it.  And it is far from his first issue here in Cincinnati.  There just seems to be a lack of accountability and now you bring in the worst PR move in the draft.  

I love this team so much it isn't funny.  I have loved the offseason moves and even supported not resigning Zeitler, but I just wish Jones was gone and that they hadn't taken Mixon.  That's just me.  Not saying everyone should feel the way I do at all.  I just really, really wish they would have gone another direction.  
Reply/Quote
The Bengals don't make trades..... or do anything creative. We have a 80 year old, stingy GM... People haven't noticed this yet?????
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 11:25 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I would disagree on Cook's issues being worse than Mixon, especially in the court of public opinion.  Do you think the Vikings will have perception issues of their team?  Nope, because they didn't already earn that reputation.  

And the fact that the Bengals have been outstanding in the community (which is great, and I completely agree) does little if anything to change the perception that they have earned.  You know they do great work.  I know they do great work, but the other 99.9% of people don't....they just parrot what they will hear on ESPN and the NFL network.  

Ever heard the saying "perception is reality".  It is 100% accurate and the perception that the Bengals have a bunch of thugs, criminals, etc. is the public's perception and instead of trying to change that perception (I thought they were for a while), they seem to thumb their noses at it.  

I am just as pissed that Adam Jones is still on the Bengals.  In my opinion, you don't disrespect an officer of the law like that and get away with it.  And it is far from his first issue here in Cincinnati.  There just seems to be a lack of accountability and now you bring in the worst PR move in the draft.  

I love this team so much it isn't funny.  I have loved the offseason moves and even supported not resigning Zeitler, but I just wish Jones was gone and that they hadn't taken Mixon.  That's just me.  Not saying everyone should feel the way I do at all.  I just really, really wish they would have gone another direction.  

In this case, I disagree on the officer of the law front. Watching the BEFORE arrest video, which was just made public a week or so ago, the officer elected to get into a pissing contest with Adam Jones, which is, IMO, the real reason why he arrested him. The DA eluded to this in his explanation of charges NOT being levied against Jones.

At that point, it's one man to another between Jones and the cop on the power trip. All bets are off in my opinion. BTW, I'm a pretty damn conservative guy in that way. I respect the hell out of police officers, but I also realize and know that all of us are human.
Reply/Quote