Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Richie Incognito retiring - BUF now big need at LG
Just saw this announced on ESPN - http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23101753/buffalo-bills-guard-richie-incognito-says-retiring-citing-issues-liver-kidneys

This puts a huge need for the Bills to get a LG, and I think they'll have two very good options at 22 to do so...Isaiah Wynn and Will Hernandez.
Bills likely now prioritize OG over C now and this should help allow (at least) one of Daniels, Ragnow, or Price to fall to 46.
However, if the Bengals are wanting a new OG and desire either Hernandez or Wynn, they likely have to jump on that player at 21 rather than trade back.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I personally don’t think they are considering a guard at 21. Unless they trade back (which I don’t believe they will), I really believe that they go strictly BPA in round 1. Interior lineman are deep in this draft so I think you’ll see your guard taken in rounds 2-4

Reply/Quote
(04-10-2018, 12:55 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: I personally don’t think they are considering a guard at 21. Unless they trade back (which I don’t believe they will), I really believe that they go strictly BPA in round 1.  Interior lineman are deep in this draft so I think you’ll see your guard taken in rounds 2-4

They could, but Hernandez and Wynn IMO are a great mix of need AND BPA for them at 22. Both would be BPA over a C, that's for sure.
EDIT - Unless you mean "they" = Bengals?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
My guess is the Buffalo Bills go with Hernandez. I think Isaiah Wynn is a player that fits the Cincinnati Bengals mold. The team drafted a guard in the first round before with zeitler. I am hoping the Bengals draft Isaiah Wynn in the first and take a center in the second round.

The fact that Carlos Dunlap and Geno Atkins have not been signed two new deals worries me a bit. I could see the Cincinnati Bengals going defensive tackle or Edge in round one.

I guess I could live with price or ragnow in round two and play Westerman at Right Guard.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-10-2018, 12:09 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Just saw this announced on ESPN - http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23101753/buffalo-bills-guard-richie-incognito-says-retiring-citing-issues-liver-kidneys

This puts a huge need for the Bills to get a LG, and I think they'll have two very good options at 22 to do so...Isaiah Wynn and Will Hernandez.
Bills likely now prioritize OG over C now and this should help allow (at least) one of Daniels, Ragnow, or Price to fall to 46.
However, if the Bengals are wanting a new OG and desire either Hernandez or Wynn, they likely have to jump on that player at 21 rather than trade back.

Seems like Wynn would fit LG more than Hernandez would. I just love Wynn's versatility. I think we should slap the Bills
about the face again and take Wynn and hope either Ragnow or Price is there in the 2nd. We do this and i see us right
back in the Playoffs. Get an End and a LB in the 3rd.

1st - Isiaah Wynn
2nd - Frank Ragnow
3rd - Rasheem Green
3rd - Shaqueem Griffin

(04-10-2018, 01:58 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: My guess is the Buffalo Bills go with Hernandez.   I think Isaiah Wynn is a player that fits the Cincinnati Bengals mold.  The team drafted a guard in the first round before with zeitler.  I am hoping the Bengals draft Isaiah Wynn in the first and take a center in the second round.  

The fact that Carlos Dunlap and Geno Atkins have not been signed two new deals worries me a bit.  I could see the Cincinnati Bengals going defensive tackle or Edge in round one.

I guess I could live with price or ragnow in round two and play Westerman at Right Guard.

Depends on if Pollack wants to go more ground and pound physically with Hernandez or not. He is a RG purely.

I would have to think Pollack doesn't think Westerman or Redmond are up to task if we take Hernandez.

I agree Wynn seems to fit what we need more as he gives us so many more options.

I could see edge at 21, even if we re-sign Dunlap we need another rotational End. I doubt DT as Geno is priority #1 and we
signed Chris Baker and have Billings and Glasgow in the wings. CB is always in play too as we all know.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2018, 01:58 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: My guess is the Buffalo Bills go with Hernandez.   I think Isaiah Wynn is a player that fits the Cincinnati Bengals mold.  The team drafted a guard in the first round before with zeitler.  I am hoping the Bengals draft Isaiah Wynn in the first and take a center in the second round.  

The fact that Carlos Dunlap and Geno Atkins have not been signed two new deals worries me a bit.  I could see the Cincinnati Bengals going defensive tackle or Edge in round one.

they try to get deals like that in around training camp no real worries yet
Reply/Quote

This is typically how the Bengals operate though. They don't get extensions done before the draft. And they might decide to draft a player at one of these positions (or CB/TE in case of Eifert and Dennard) as insurance in case extension doesn't actually happen. Worst case is that player re-signs and there's a high draft pick as depth (e.g. how the CBs have been for the past 5 or so years).
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
From what I'm hearing the Bills are still trying like hell to continue to move up in the draft for a QB. If that's true they more than likely won't have the 22nd pick.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-10-2018, 02:45 PM)Synric Wrote: From what I'm hearing the Bills are still trying like hell to continue to move up in the draft for a QB. If that's true they more than likely won't have the 22nd pick.

They definitely could. But losing the 22nd pick also would remove the Bills' only pick between the Bengals' first and second round picks. Should still help allow a "big 3" C to be available at 46 (barring some team trading up ahead of 46 to grab one of the "big 3" C's).
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-10-2018, 03:11 PM)ochocincos Wrote: They definitely could. But losing the 22nd pick also would remove the Bills' only pick between the Bengals' first and second round picks. Should still help allow a "big 3" C to be available at 46 (barring some team trading up ahead of 46 to grab one of the "big 3" C's).

I am hoping we trade up just in case, we need one of the top Centers more than about anybody.
Reply/Quote
I think this would only affect us if Buffalo jumps in front of our pick at 21. They already may be using pick 22 to move up in round 1 to grab a QB but if they don't then maybe I could seeing them taking a lineman. However, there are too many picks between 22 and 46 to really make much of a difference.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2018, 03:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I am hoping we trade up just in case, we need one of the top Centers more than about anybody.

I'd prefer to trade back from 21 and get an extra 2nd or 3rd round pick than trade up from 46 and end up losing a mid-round pick. I think the Bengals need as many Day 1+2 picks as they can get. Definitely need a C immediately and have a bunch of players entering contract years this year so need to think about replacing some of them with higher draft picks.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-10-2018, 03:25 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'd prefer to trade back from 21 and get an extra 2nd or 3rd round pick than trade up from 46 and end up losing a mid-round pick. I think the Bengals need as many Day 1+2 picks as they can get. Definitely need a C immediately and have a bunch of players entering contract years this year so need to think about replacing some of them with higher draft picks.

I agree i would rather trade back from 21 and grab our Center which is what i have us doing in my Ragnow Mock.

Just saying either way we need one of Ragnow or Price IMHO. They are really the only Centers that seem to fit what Pollack
has said he wants, smart and nasty with core strength. Hobspin seems to be saying we could pull the trigger on a DT like
Payne or Hurst at 21. If this is the case i would trade up for Ragnow if he is Pollack's guy.

I think Price falls to 46 with his pectoral injury. Him not being able to gel with the guys till TC could be a big deal.
Reply/Quote
Bills May be regretting the Glenn trade now. Especially if. They can’t trade up
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2018, 06:28 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Bills May be regretting the Glenn trade now. Especially if. They can’t trade up

Could be, Glenn can play LG that is for sure. Happy we got him lol
Reply/Quote
They don't need a center. Ryan Groy is a good player and they just paid money for an above average backup.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2018, 08:20 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: They don't need a center. Ryan Groy is a good player and they just paid money for an above average backup.

They signed 2 C's?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
We better take will
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2018, 09:17 PM)McC Wrote: They signed 2 C's?

They had a center who has looked pretty good whenever he has been out there. For some reason the talking heads out there don't do their due diligence actually studying certain rosters and players, they just know that Wood was a "name" guy and that now he's gone. The echo chamber will be proven wrong unless he's injured/moved to guard/takes a huge step back.

Oh, and yeah. Bodine is an above average backup level talent in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
Well if they want Glenn back it's going to cost them
Reply/Quote