Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Richie Incognito retiring - BUF now big need at LG
Personally, I think they need to draft 2 interior linemen. After this year, they don't have very many under contract.

That being said, we have 11 picks - probably 4 too many.

I'd rather they take Hernandez or Wynn at 21 and then give up a 3rd and a later pick to move UP and get Ragnow or Daniels. This team has already shown that they will NOT pay good money for an interior guy, so the only way to get one that is any good is to draft one.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2018, 05:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I agree i would rather trade back from 21 and grab our Center which is what i have us doing in my Ragnow Mock.

Just saying either way we need one of Ragnow or Price IMHO. They are really the only Centers that seem to fit what Pollack
has said he wants, smart and nasty with core strength. Hobspin seems to be saying we could pull the trigger on a DT like
Payne or Hurst at 21. If this is the case i would trade up for Ragnow if he is Pollack's guy.

I think Price falls to 46 with his pectoral injury. Him not being able to gel with the guys till TC could be a big deal.

Payne and Hurst confuse me...which type of DT are the Bengals actually looking for? They couldn't be more opposite.
Hurst is a smaller pass rushing terror that would slot perfectly as a 3T and nickel DT next to Atkins.
Payne is a run stuffing NT with limited pass rush upside.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2018, 01:56 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Personally, I think they need to draft 2 interior linemen.  After this year, they don't have very many under contract.

That being said, we have 11 picks - probably 4 too many.

I'd rather they take Hernandez or Wynn at 21 and then give up a 3rd and a later pick to move UP and get Ragnow or Daniels.  This team has already shown that they will NOT pay good money for an interior guy, so the only way to get one that is any good is to draft one.

I don't think all 11 would make the roster, but it's not the worst thing to draft guys in Rounds 5-7 to compete for the last depth spots and may or may not make the roster.
They may eventually develop into starters like Iloka and Jones did.

If the team wanted to trade away some of those Rounds 5-7 picks to get more picks in Rds 1-4, I'd be totally on board with that too.

They will (or at least SHOULD) most definitely draft a C, OT, and OG.
The following OL are hitting FA next year:
Jake Fisher
Bobby Hart
Cedric Ogbuehi
TJ Johnson
Trey Hopkins (RFA)
Alex Redmond (RFA)

That leaves only Glenn, Boling, and Westerman.

Depending on the confidence the team has in Fisher becoming a good starter, they might opt for an OT in Rds 1-3.
Same goes for G.
Personally, I go for C and OT on Days 1-2 and get OG on Day 3.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-11-2018, 09:25 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Payne and Hurst confuse me...which type of DT are the Bengals actually looking for? They couldn't be more opposite.
Hurst is a smaller pass rushing terror that would slot perfectly as a 3T and nickel DT next to Atkins.

I’d be happy with either because I think they could both be game changers but of the two I want Payne. Likened to ndamukong suh? Sign me up.

Reply/Quote
(04-11-2018, 09:29 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: I’d be happy with either because I think they could both be game changers but of the two I want Payne. Likened to ndamukong suh? Sign me up.

It seems the team is eyeballing either DT or FS early. I get no indications they are considering LB early, that's for sure.
I'm just being stubborn regarding Billings I guess. I was super pumped when he was drafted, especially in the 4th round. I had (still have) high hopes for him.
If the team goes after Payne, it practically would seal his fate to backup NT or even cut.

However, if I'm looking for an early-round DT that would play NT, I'm going Tim Settle in Rds 2-3. He offers more upside as a pass rusher while also being able to stuff the run.
NFL.com has his comparison as Vince Wilfork.
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/tim-settle?id=32462018-0002-5601-905d-2aba6fe19f35
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-11-2018, 09:56 AM)ochocincos Wrote: It seems the team is eyeballing either DT or FS early. I get no indications they are considering LB early, that's for sure.
I'm just being stubborn regarding Billings I guess. I was super pumped when he was drafted, especially in the 4th round. I had (still have) high hopes for him.
If the team goes after Payne, it practically would seal his fate to backup NT or even cut.

However, if I'm looking for an early-round DT that would play NT, I'm going Tim Settle in Rds 2-3. He offers more upside as a pass rusher while also being able to stuff the run.
NFL.com has his comparison as Vince Wilfork.
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/tim-settle?id=32462018-0002-5601-905d-2aba6fe19f35

Don’t forget that D-line rotation is incredibly important. I guess the way I see it, if they draft Payne, or even settle, and Billings comes on strong, you’ve got a DT rotation second to none. No drop off on the interior D-line is something we haven’t seen around here in a long time. Dunlap and Lawson would thank the FO too, because they would feast on QB’s due to having less double teams to fight through. Not to mention the blocks the DT’s would eat up freeing up the LB’s. Needless to say, I’m 100% behind grabbing a DT early if the right one is there.

Reply/Quote
(04-11-2018, 09:25 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Payne and Hurst confuse me...which type of DT are the Bengals actually looking for? They couldn't be more opposite.

Confuses me too. I still have very high hopes for Billings and Glasgow didn't play bad last year.

We signed Baker who has played well in the NFL. I guess having a good competition there is not a bad thing it just doesn't
make sense to me unless they are not planning on signing Geno, which from all indications isn't true. All i have heard is Geno
is their #1 priority then Hobspin says this. Hurst would be Geno insurance.

Payne would mean Billings or Glasgow would be on the way out most likely.

I think we need C, OT, DE, FS, LB, TE all more than DT right now.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2018, 09:28 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I don't think all 11 would make the roster, but it's not the worst thing to draft guys in Rounds 5-7 to compete for the last depth spots and may or may not make the roster.
They may eventually develop into starters like Iloka and Jones did.

If the team wanted to trade away some of those Rounds 5-7 picks to get more picks in Rds 1-4, I'd be totally on board with that too.

They will (or at least SHOULD) most definitely draft a C, OT, and OG.
The following OL are hitting FA next year:
Jake Fisher
Bobby Hart
Cedric Ogbuehi
TJ Johnson
Trey Hopkins (RFA)
Alex Redmond (RFA)

That leaves only Glenn, Boling, and Westerman.

Depending on the confidence the team has in Fisher becoming a good starter, they might opt for an OT in Rds 1-3.
Same goes for G.
Personally, I go for C and OT on Days 1-2 and get OG on Day 3.

I'd much rather use those to move up in rounds 3 and 4 as you alluded to.  There's enough "depth" players on this team right now.   We need some contributors.
Reply/Quote
If we have any football sense we will use our Rd1 and Rd2 picks to get our RT and C. Boling covers LG and I have to think we can find a workable RG in our current group.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2018, 10:07 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: They had a center who has looked pretty good whenever he has been out there. For some reason the talking heads out there don't do their due diligence actually studying certain rosters and players, they just know that Wood was a "name" guy and that now he's gone. The echo chamber will be proven wrong unless he's injured/moved to guard/takes a huge step back.

Oh, and yeah. Bodine is an above average backup level talent in the NFL.

Calling him above average is a slap in the face to average.  He isn't even average.  In the course of his career, all the farther he got was doesn't sukk as bad as he started out.

For us, he is addition by subtraction.  For them, he is subtraction by addition.  He's never been any good and he'll never be any good.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-12-2018, 09:09 AM)McC Wrote: Calling him above average is a slap in the face to average.  He isn't even average.  In the course of his career, all the farther he got was doesn't sukk as bad as he started out.

For us, he is addition by subtraction.  For them, he is subtraction by addition.  He's never been any good and he'll never be any good.

Think you might have missed the important part, which was "backup level" after "above average"?
And in this case, I would agree he's a good backup candidate. He's not starter-worthy.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-12-2018, 09:09 AM)McC Wrote: Calling him above average is a slap in the face to average.  He isn't even average.  In the course of his career, all the farther he got was doesn't sukk as bad as he started out.

That is a Bodine bich slap. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2018, 09:26 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Think you might have missed the important part, which was "backup level" after "above average"?
And in this case, I would agree he's a good backup candidate. He's not starter-worthy.

I didn't miss the backup level.  He ain't even average backup level, imo, unless it's a pray to God he never has to play backup level.  But he ain't our problem any more.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Buffalo will probably draft a guard in the middle rounds. They're all in on a first round QB and will probably use both first round picks to move up and snag a guy. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote