Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rick Springfield
I think the Foo Fighters have made a career out of making songs that sound exactly like ‘Jesse’s Girl’.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
Not a fan
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2018, 04:19 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: I think the Foo Fighters have made a career out of making songs that sound exactly like ‘Jesse’s Girl’.

I was getting ready to tell you how stupid that observation is... Then I started thinking of Foo Fighters songs... You kinda have a point. It may only be parts of songs, but many of them do have a lil Jesse's Girl in them. The only exceptions I could come up with were Wheels, which is a blatant Tom Petty rip off, and Best of You (I really don't hear it in that one)

For what it's worth, Jesse's Girl is a very well written, recorded, and produced pop rock song.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2018, 08:45 PM)jason Wrote: I was getting ready to tell you how stupid that observation is... Then I started thinking of Foo Fighters songs... You kinda have a point. It may only be parts of songs, but many of them do have a lil Jesse's Girl in them. The only exceptions I could come up with were Wheels, which is a blatant Tom Petty rip off, and Best of You (I really don't hear it in that one)

For what it's worth, Jesse's Girl is a very well written, recorded, and produced pop rock song.

There’s a documentary which features Dave Grohl strolling down memory lane about a famous recording studio(Sun Studios?) that shut down. Many hits & hit albums were recorded in this studio, including one of Nirvana’s big albums ( could’ve been ‘Nevermind’, but I can’t remember). Springfield also recorded ‘Jesse’s Girl’ there. Grohl ends up purchasing the sound board & gathered several artists to record one last time. One of (Grohl’s) bandmates gets unusually ecstatic when he finds out that RS would be among those doing this last(?) recording session. I couldn’t figure out why he was sooooo happy to land RS. Then it downed on me, many of their hits sound exactly like ‘Jesse’s Girl’.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
Dave Grohl > Kurt Cobain
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote