Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ricky Wagner RT Ravens
(02-16-2017, 05:45 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Resign Whit.
Sign Wagner for RT.
Move Fisher to RG.
Offensive line becomes significantly better than last year.

Granted, I love Zeitler. But I'd prefer a Fisher, Wagner right side than a Zeitler, Fisher right side.

I don't see fisher having the strength to play rg. 
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2017, 01:54 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Simply put: Should the Bengals sign Ricky Wagner RT of Baltimore Ravens and let Big Z walk?  It would be nice to sign big Z and Wagner but he could solve part of the offensive line problems for the Bengals.

Wagner is my biggest hope this FA which i know it means it won't happen.

I am done with hope until PA is gone. Even if we brought in Wagner and we lost Zeit i doubt we would of improved much
cause we would still have a hole in the middle with Bodine and pretty much a rookie at RG.

I would bring back Whit, Zeitler and bring in Wagner, then draft Elfein, Toth, Orlovsky or Pocic.

But this is after hiring a good O-line coach.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2017, 01:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Wagner is my biggest hope this FA which i know it means it won't happen.

I am done with hope until PA is gone. Even if we brought in Wagner and we lost Zeit i doubt we would of improved much
cause we would still have a hole in the middle with Bodine and pretty much a rookie at RG.

I would bring back Whit, Zeitler and bring in Wagner, then draft Elfein, Toth, Orlovsky or Pocic.

But this is after hiring a good O-line coach.
Here is my thinking:

If they bring in Wagner and re-sign Whit, that will seal the outside for Dalton.  I am hopeful they also sign a vet guard that is less expensive than big Z.  Then it comes down to Bodine and maybe a 3rd round Center.  Bodine had some good games but generally speaking, needs to be replaced.  I think the O-Line difficulties were exacerbated by Og and Fisher's inability to be productive. 

If the team plays Westerman at RG which they probably will, then the Bengals' running game likely will be ineffective.  This would be a disaster if the Bengals were to draft LF at 9th in the draft because he would need lanes to gain speed.  Who knows,  maybe Westerman will be good.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2017, 01:18 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Here is my thinking:

If they bring in Wagner and re-sign Whit, that will seal the outside for Dalton.  I am hopeful they also sign a vet guard that is less expensive than big Z.  Then it comes down to Bodine and maybe a 3rd round Center.  Bodine had some good games but generally speaking, needs to be replaced.  I think the O-Line difficulties were exacerbated by Og and Fisher's inability to be productive. 

If the team plays Westerman at RG which they probably will, then the Bengals' running game likely will be ineffective.  This would be a disaster if the Bengals were to draft LF at 9th in the draft because he would need lanes to gain speed.  Who knows,  maybe Westerman will be good.

Wagner and Ronald Leary in FA would be great, or Chance Warmack for us at RG.

Both could be less expensive than Zeit too, good thoughts. Just doubt this FO goes that all out in FA.

Sure would be best for this team as a whole though.

Whitworth-Boling-Toth-Leary-Wagner

Sounds damn good. Cool
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2017, 01:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Wagner and Ronald Leary in FA would be great, or Chance Warmack for us at RG.

Both could be less expensive than Zeit too, good thoughts. Just doubt this FO goes that all out in FA.

Sure would be best for this team as a whole though.

Whitworth-Boling-Toth-Leary-Wagner

Sounds damn good. Cool
This is the Bengals we can't have damn good lol
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2017, 11:55 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: John Thornton said in a podcast, rather then the draft look for the Bengals to address o line in free agency. Now I think that would just be a zeitler replacement. He also thinks he'd be very surprised if Kirkpatrick will be back because teams will value his height.

This makes very little sense to me...and I'm not shooting the messenger, veggie.  For the Bengals to make moves in FA to address the offensive line, they would be looking at a FA guard that would either be of less value than Zeitler, but still cost a lot more than a 2nd round guard from the draft?  

The draft is pretty solid at the OG position, and I can't imagine they are talking about a Center (who's available) or OT (who would they replace and after spending such early picks on them?).  

Maybe Thronton just meant that he feels as though the Bengals will retain their own in FA.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2017, 06:32 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: This is the Bengals we can't have damn good lol

Damn it all!!! Shocked

(02-19-2017, 11:58 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This makes very little sense to me...and I'm not shooting the messenger, veggie.  For the Bengals to make moves in FA to address the offensive line, they would be looking at a FA guard that would either be of less value than Zeitler, but still cost a lot more than a 2nd round guard from the draft?  

The draft is pretty solid at the OG position, and I can't imagine they are talking about a Center (who's available) or OT (who would they replace and after spending such early picks on them?).  

Maybe Thronton just meant that he feels as though the Bengals will retain their own in FA.

Maybe of less value than Zeit in pass blocking but there are some very good run blocking FA Guards.

There are a lot of good Centers in this draft as well and besides Wisnewski it is a weak Center FA.

If we retain Whit and Zeitler we could really upgrade the O-line in the draft if they went all out.

Doubt they do but hey, anything is possible.
Reply/Quote