Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Riddell releases new NFL helmets
Not sure if these will be the TNF helmets or not? (I doubt it.) But here's the new Bengals helmet.

[Image: IMG_0082.jpg]
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
I like it. Looks a bit more fierce.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
Looks like the shade of orange is a bit off in that pic.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't like it. Orange has a gold tint to it.

Reply/Quote
Also, that helmet has stickers on it instead of decals? That is a crappy proof of concept.
Reply/Quote
Unfortunately, they won't have any different color schemes on the helmet during the season. I really like the reverse-color schematic, even though this example looks cheap and off-color.

I would love to see an all-white helmet with black stripes with the color rush white uniforms.
Reply/Quote
[Image: st%2Csmall%2C215x235-pad%2C210x230%2Cf8f...te-1u6.jpg]
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
But Bengals aren't orange with black stripes...
Reply/Quote
I've said it before and will say it again. I wouldn't care if they had to play wearing ladies pink undergarmets as long as they win..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Someone mind explaining to me why the NFL cites player safety as the reason for the "one helmet" rule, but college football teams are able to have any number of helmets with seemingly no consequence?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2017, 12:28 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Someone mind explaining to me why the NFL cites player safety as the reason for the "one helmet" rule, but college football teams are able to have any number of helmets with seemingly no consequence?

There's several BS explanations why out there, but they're all just that: BS. The main reasons are financial. Maybe a desire to keep it simple and traditional as well. 

I'm not a big fan of what college football uniforms and helmets are becoming either. A completely different combo every game? Who needs 6-8 different helmets? Come on now. Not everyone has to be like Oregon. 

But one more helmet in an NFL locker room is no big deal. There is no good reason for the NFL to not implement multiple helmet designs. They just don't want to.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2017, 02:08 AM)Trademark Wrote: Not sure if these will be the TNF helmets or not? (I doubt it.) But here's the new Bengals helmet.

Ehhh... The facemask should be black.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2017, 02:08 AM)Trademark Wrote: Not sure if these will be the TNF helmets or not? (I doubt it.) But here's the new Bengals helmet.

It's just a fashion design. It's like that ice helmet design. Just a new piece of merchandise for fans.

Not going to be worn by the team.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
For the record, the Bengals' helmets are painted for both the orange base and the black stripes. There are no decals/stickers.
This was from the Bengals equipment manager Rob Recker in 2007...
http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?63901-Uniwatch-interviews-Bengals-Equipment-MGR
Quote:DS: So what about the helmets? I have seen the decals for sale to make your own and such…

RR: We no longer use decals on our helmets. That was one of the first things I changed when I was promoted in 2000. It got to a point where we were just wasting time; I would have three or four guys out there repairing helmet decals for two or three hours straight the Monday after a game. The paint holds up better and looks better, now I just have a guy look over all the helmets after a game and anything that is too scratched or damaged we just send away to have painted. The helmets are my favorite part of the uniform, they are important to me.

So there's more reason why the Bengals don't change helmets. It would require a total repainting of the helmet, which they won't do.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-02-2017, 12:09 PM)grampahol Wrote: I've said it before and will say it again. I wouldn't care if they had to play wearing ladies pink undergarmets as long as they win..

You say that now, but if you ever see Andre Smith in that attire, you'd probably change your mind Hilarious
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
It just hain't the off-season until a post about this shows up.
Reply/Quote
Not a fan of the helmet design. Not like the players are going to wear it anyways.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2017, 04:10 AM)treee Wrote: Looks like the shade of orange is a bit off in that pic.

That's the browns orange.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2017, 04:17 PM)ochocincos Wrote: For the record, the Bengals' helmets are painted for both the orange base and the black stripes. There are no decals/stickers.
This was from the Bengals equipment manager Rob Recker in 2007...
http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?63901-Uniwatch-interviews-Bengals-Equipment-MGR

So there's more reason why the Bengals don't change helmets. It would require a total repainting of the helmet, which they won't do.

Not sure if you are making this out as a cost saving measure. It's not that expensive and Riddel would probably do it for free for such a big account. The issue is that it would take a week to complete which would not allow the players to use their helmets for a week.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2017, 09:08 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: That's the browns orange.

ill tell you hwat
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote