Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ridiculous "needs" mock....
The Raiders beat me to White, and my top tackle prospects were gone, but this didn't turn out so badly.....obviously, I went heavy on oline...

11: R1P11

OT ANDRE DILLARD
WASHINGTON STATE

42: R2P10

LB DEVIN BUSH
MICHIGAN

72: R3P8

CHRIS LINDSTROM
BOSTON COLLEGE

110: R4P8

TE ISAAC NAUTA
GEORGIA

149: R5P11
DL DEMARCUS CHRISTMAS
FLORIDA STATE

183: R6P10

OT KALEB MCGARY
WASHINGTON

198: R6P25

WR HUNTER RENFROW
CLEMSON

210: R6P37

LB DRUE TRANQUIL
NOTRE DAME

211: R6P38

DARIUS WEST
KENTUCKY

213: R6P40

RB BRYCE LOVE
STANFORD

223: R7P9

WR GARY JENNINGS
WEST VIRGINIA

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It shows you picked Bush at 42. I do not think he makes it past the Steelers. I am slightly concerned regarding Dillard's core strength. But I think his pass pro is ready. Dillard at 11 would cause some members of this forum pause. Lindstrom would be a steal and probably my favorite pick. I also am coming around on Tranquil.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(03-06-2019, 06:35 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: It shows you picked Bush at 42.  I do not think he makes it past the Steelers.  I am slightly concerned regarding Dillard's core strength.  But I think his pass pro is ready.  Dillard at 11 would cause some members of this forum pause.  Lindstrom would be a steal and probably my favorite pick.  I also am coming around on Tranquil.

I forget who the Stoolers took, I was as shocked as you to find him there. I figured I was looking at Mack Wilson for LB in the 2nd.

I would have also liked a different tackle, but there was an early run....Dillard was the best left, IMO. I love Lindstrom.  I also thought this mock brought some decent value throughout.

Reply/Quote
I don't see why the huge knocks on Dillard.
Pass pro is his forte, run blocking can be learned. usually a lot of these guys come in and it is Pass Blocking needs to be learned.
I would love to get Dillard if (Jonah is not there) and David Edwards for LT and RT. Lindstrom would just be icing on the cake.
Reply/Quote
Not crazy about Renfrow, but love the rest of this mock. I love the attention to the O-line. We've needed this for years especially after the Ogbuehi/Farmer fiasco. This draft would turn OL into a strength as well as solidify the LB position.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 03:10 AM)pledgi Wrote: Not crazy about Renfrow, but love the rest of this mock.  I love the attention to the O-line.  We've needed this for years especially after the Ogbuehi/Farmer fiasco.  This draft would turn OL into a strength as well as solidify the LB position.

Indeed.....it's why I called it a "needs" mock.  We really need olinemen, good ones.

Renfrow was available late, and could be an upgrade over any WR not starting on our team, so I said WTF.... Smirk

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 02:33 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I don't see why the huge knocks on Dillard.
Pass pro is his forte, run blocking can be learned. usually a lot of these guys come in and it is Pass Blocking needs to be learned.
I would love to get Dillard if (Jonah is not there) and David Edwards for LT and RT. Lindstrom would just be icing on the cake.

A lot of nfl pundits are saying Andre Dillard is nfl starter ready,he is a beast and I would be okay with getting this guy.Remember everything in football starts with your lines and all of them have to be the best,O-line and D-line.Must get those very RIGHT FIRST,then everything else goes into play after that.We do not need wrs,we need corners,safetys,linebackers,one tightend, two D-lineman and about 3 O-linemen.the guy we already have as a wide receiver that stupid marvin would not play,that has excellent hands from florida,he is going to be a starter under ZT.He is 6ft 5in and 230 with hands like 11 inches.the guy can catch everything and he can sky.He should have been worked into the lineup last season.And number 80 from Tenn was hurt and he gets open and catches really well.I love this guy. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't be shocked if Dillard is the first OT off the board. He's about the only pro-ready LT in the draft.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2019, 04:37 PM)Wyche Wrote: The Raiders beat me to White, and my top tackle prospects were gone, but this didn't turn out so badly.....obviously, I went heavy on oline...

11: R1P11

OT ANDRE DILLARD
WASHINGTON STATE

42: R2P10

LB DEVIN BUSH
MICHIGAN

72: R3P8

CHRIS LINDSTROM
BOSTON COLLEGE

110: R4P8

TE ISAAC NAUTA
GEORGIA

149: R5P11
DL DEMARCUS CHRISTMAS
FLORIDA STATE

183: R6P10

OT KALEB MCGARY
WASHINGTON

198: R6P25

WR HUNTER RENFROW
CLEMSON

210: R6P37

LB DRUE TRANQUIL
NOTRE DAME

211: R6P38

DARIUS WEST
KENTUCKY

213: R6P40

RB BRYCE LOVE
STANFORD

223: R7P9

WR GARY JENNINGS
WEST VIRGINIA
Best mock I have seen.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 02:33 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I don't see why the huge knocks on Dillard.

Generally speaking, it's easier to teach a guy who's good at run blocking good enough technique to be a decent pass blocker than it is to get a finesse T to have the will and power to be a decent run blocker.

Dillard will probably be all over the boards of different teams.  Some teams will have him as T #1-2 and others may have him #5-6.  If he goes to a zone blocking team, he can probably start year 1.  He's going to be too much of a liability in the run game in a man scheme to start immediately.  He'll need at least a year in the weight room.

For the Bengals, I don't see him as a fit, at least not at #11.  When you hear our OL coach talk about the traits he's looking for, Dillard is about the exact opposite.  The Bengals are probably looking more at big, nasty guys like Ford, Cajuste, McGary, etc.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2019, 12:30 PM)Whatever Wrote: Generally speaking, it's easier to teach a guy who's good at run blocking good enough technique to be a decent pass blocker than it is to get a finesse T to have the will and power to be a decent run blocker.

Dillard will probably be all over the boards of different teams.  Some teams will have him as T #1-2 and others may have him #5-6.  If he goes to a zone blocking team, he can probably start year 1.  He's going to be too much of a liability in the run game in a man scheme to start immediately.  He'll need at least a year in the weight room.

For the Bengals, I don't see him as a fit, at least not at #11.  When you hear our OL coach talk about the traits he's looking for, Dillard is about the exact opposite.  The Bengals are probably looking more at big, nasty guys like Ford, Cajuste, McGary, etc.

Ford and Cajuste were gone in this particular mock, as was Devin White.  But I did get McGary late.... Cool Wink

Reply/Quote
I know Devin Bush is getting a lot of love but I have watched 4 different games and I just don't see it. He can't get off blocks and is poor in coverage. I love Devin White obviously if available in the 1st and if I could get Blake Cashman in the 2nd I would also take him over Bush at that point. Not a knock on your mock draft because that is good value where most of the simulators have Bush ranked, just giving my personal opinion on what I see from him after watching more closely recently.

I do like your draft overall. Dillard is solid and is great in pass pro which we could use. I like Nauta even though he had a terrible combine and Tranquill and Gary Jennings are guys that I certainly could see making the team and sticking around for a long time. Good job overall.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2019, 12:56 PM)JungleRock85 Wrote: I know Devin Bush is getting a lot of love but I have watched 4 different games and I just don't see it. He can't get off blocks and is poor in coverage. I love Devin White obviously if available in the 1st and if I could get Blake Cashman in the 2nd I would also take him over Bush at that point. Not a knock on your mock draft because that is good value where most of the simulators have Bush ranked, just giving my personal opinion on what I see from him after watching more closely recently.

I do like your draft overall. Dillard is solid and is great in pass pro which we could use. I like Nauta even though he had a terrible combine and Tranquill and Gary Jennings are guys that I certainly could see making the team and sticking around for a long time. Good job overall.

Appreciate it, and I must admit, my exposure to Bush is limited.  Thanks for the take. 

I was hesitant on Nauta due to the combine, but what I've seen and read on him, made me feel a little easier about him, and I felt we'd lose at least one TE to FA when I did this.  Would have loved either of the IA TEs, but they weren't around.

Bryce Love was my one "luxury pick".  With so many 6th round picks, and him sitting there, I was like WTF....lol.

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2019, 03:29 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I wouldn't be shocked if Dillard is the first OT off the board.  He's about the only pro-ready LT in the draft.

It would not shock me either but I believe there are several pro ready RTs in this draft which would be fine for us as long as Glen is healthy this year.
Reply/Quote