Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Right Tackle
Pollock and Taylor have to put Fred Johnson back in at RT. Prince just isn't getting it done.
Reply/Quote
Carman was even worse when he went in for Spain.

We definitely can’t roll into the playoffs with the 5 that were out there today. Might be D’Ante Smith time.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Reiff could potentially be back for playoffs I think.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 07:28 PM)Au165 Wrote: Reiff could potentially be back for playoffs I think.

That would be awesome, but I thought he went on season ending IR.
Reply/Quote
Prince, Carman, Hopkins, Adeniji, and Jonah all struggled at some point (or constantly) today. It was rough, but thankfully Ja'Marr Chase was a freaking juggernaut.

That was against the 28th team in sacks. Please don't put Burrow out there to get murdered by Garrett and Clowney in a game that means nothing but personal accolades.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Chris Jones was a force today one of the best IDL in the NFL.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
If Spain misses any amount of time it is a major issue. It is also a bit concerning that 3 draft picks spent on OL and none of them can stay on the field, be it health or just ineffective.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
How much more moving around do you do with Spain more than likely out next week?

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 07:36 PM)pally Wrote: How much more moving around do you do with Spain more than likely out next week?

I'm assuming XFS gets the start for him.
Reply/Quote
Hopkins is the one I just cant take anymore. I dont care what pff says. That guy is in Burrows lap every pass play.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 07:35 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: If Spain misses any amount of time it is a major issue. It is also a bit concerning that 3 draft picks spent on OL and none of them can stay on the field, be it health or just ineffective.

Need to make a free agent splash with the O-line in the off-season

I don’t trust this organization with o-line drafting

Which is sad, because the bengals would usually nail the offensive linemen in past drafts
Reply/Quote
An yet in the post game interview Joey praised the entire Oline like it was just another day at the office.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 07:38 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm assuming XFS gets the start for him.

and just got more jealous we couldnt land Thuney, the guy slid to T and didnt miss a beat VS Trey

Agreed, we need to sit our starters VS Browns.  
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 07:47 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Need to make a free agent splash with the O-line in the off-season

I don’t trust this organization with o-line drafting

Which is sad, because the bengals would usually nail the offensive linemen in past drafts

I think they'll draft Oline early this coming draft if for no other reason than there's not a lot of big time needs that urgently need drafted except Oline..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 07:38 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm assuming XFS gets the start for him.

if he is ready to be activated.  Granted D'Ante Smith is Spain's back up but he wasn't activated for today's game so he is likely to get the start

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 07:29 PM)Sled21 Wrote: That would be awesome, but I thought he went on season ending IR.

The way I read it, he would be there until the end of the regular season, but could return by the playoffs. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 07:54 PM)grampahol Wrote: I think they'll draft Oline early this coming draft if for no other reason than there's not a lot of big time needs that urgently need drafted except Oline..

Way the season is going is going they'll be at the backside ofbround one so it is a matter of who falls to them. 

Need a CB since Waynes is a bust of a signing.
May need a DT depending on who they re-sign.
May need a safety if Bates isn't kept.
TE after CJ is bleak and CJ is a FA.

Problem is most rookie OL take awhile to develop. See a lot of progress from other rookie OL guys in the past few weeks. If the Bengals don't go after it in FA they'll be several weeks into the 2022 season with the same issue.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
We are getting a ton of reps out of our young OL. Hopefully this experience is helping the progression. It should.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 08:04 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: We are getting a ton of reps out of our young OL. Hopefully this experience is helping the progression. It should.

Yeah I wouldn’t give up on Carman yet. See what year two brings.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 08:07 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Yeah I wouldn’t give up on Carman yet. See what year two brings.

That sounds suspiciously like what folks said after seeing Ogbuehi play when he came back for the end of 2015.

Ninja (sorta)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote