Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Right Tackle
(01-02-2022, 08:09 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: That sounds suspiciously like what folks said after seeing Ogbuehi play when he came back for the end of 2015.

Ninja (sorta)

Yes it does.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Carman is a rookie, but I have to say, the only thing I remember bout him in this game was his penalty. Next season he better be ready as he won't be a rookie anymore.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 08:15 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Carman is a rookie, but I have to say, the only thing I remember bout him in this game was his penalty. Next season he better be ready as he won't be a rookie anymore.

Had two. One false start, and he was one half of the offsetting penalties at the end of the game.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 08:25 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Had two. One false start, and he was one half of the offsetting penalties at the end of the game.

Which equals 5 on the year with 1 declined so 4 total.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 07:52 PM)grampahol Wrote: An yet in the post game interview Joey praised the entire Oline like it was just another day at the office.. 

He is just classy and smart.  

Not gonna throw his guys under the bus. 
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 07:47 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Need to make a free agent splash with the O-line in the off-season

I don’t trust this organization with o-line drafting

Which is sad, because the bengals would usually nail the offensive linemen in past drafts

The college game has changed so much that it's hard to get quality Day 1 OL starters in the draft.  I would definitely agree that they need to dump some serious FA $ into the OL this off-season.  
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 08:29 PM)Synric Wrote: Which equals 5 on the year with 1 declined so 4 total.

Not great when that's only the 7th game where he's played 33% or more of the snaps, with 5 where he played 0%.

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 08:09 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: That sounds suspiciously like what folks said after seeing Ogbuehi play when he came back for the end of 2015.

Ninja (sorta)

Naw, Ogbuehi never had the core strength and the anchor to handle the bull rush. Carman has the tools, he just has to master the technique.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 08:34 PM)Whatever Wrote: The college game has changed so much that it's hard to get quality Day 1 OL starters in the draft.  I would definitely agree that they need to dump some serious FA $ into the OL this off-season.  

Except for seemingly every team that went OL this year in the draft that's not the Bengals. That's the brutal part of it. Lol

I know that's not true and it's hyperbole, but shit.... Sewell, Slater, Vera-Tucker, Darrisaw, Dickerson, Cosmi, Humphrey all playing well or very well in their rookie year from the 1st and 2nd round. The list of 1st and 2nd round guys not playing well is only 1 longer than the list that are. That's pretty crazy for them all being rookies.

All that said, Chase is still tearing it up and putting the offense on his back for a large part of the season, but still doesn't make me watch and wistfully sigh when I see Humphries absolutely blanking the Bengals DTs and leading the Chiefs to run for 6.7 YPC.

Reply/Quote
Carman held his end up overall. The problem area today was really RT - RG. Prince and Adeniji got abused all day. And yet they won and they gave Burrow overall enough time to throw.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 08:50 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Except for seemingly every team that went OL this year in the draft that's not the Bengals. That's the brutal part of it. Lol

I know that's not true and it's hyperbole, but shit.... Sewell, Slater, Vera-Tucker, Darrisaw, Dickerson, Cosmi, Humphrey all playing well or very well in their rookie year from the 1st and 2nd round. The list of 1st and 2nd round guys not playing well is only 1 longer than the list that are. That's pretty crazy for them all being rookies.

All that said, Chase is still tearing it up and putting the offense on his back for a large part of the season, but still doesn't make me watch and wistfully sigh when I see Humphries absolutely blanking the Bengals DTs and leading the Chiefs to run for 6.7 YPC.

This year's OL draft class was completely stacked.  Carman can still develop into a quality starter, but it is especially painful to see guys like Humphrey and Cosmi playing as well as they have as rookies.  As good as the team is, it would be much better with one of those guys.  
Reply/Quote