Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Right Tackle
WhoDey2 Not what I expected today from the Offense. All through FA and the Draft all we heard was: "We like our guys on the Oline". "We'll be better than last year with our guys coming back". "Jonah will be an instant upgrade". "Bobby Hart has improved his footwork and quickness". Blah, Blah Blah...

The right side of this Oline is hot garbage. Putrid. What's the answer?? (Price looked half-way decent when subbing for XSF)

Do we just keep plugging away with B. Hart, our turnstile Tackle, he of the Ole block with hopes that Coach Turner can coach him up?? It's only Game 2, do we see what F. Johnson can do?? Adeniji?? Grab somebody off the street? Raid a Practice Squad? Trade??

What say you??
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
After today’s performance, there isn’t much harm in trying Adenji there IMO. What’s the worst that could happen?
Reply/Quote
The last time Hart played this badly they re-signed him and gave him a raise...

Reply/Quote
I would try Fred or Adeniji at some point, but I don't know if we'll be lucky enough to see the coaches pull the trigger. Turner loves himself some Bobby Hart. I know that Turner knocked Fred a tad in the offseason saying that Fred didn't really know the plays last year and he was out there doing his own thing. Once they put him in the system and had him follow the playbook, he's struggled. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 01:06 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: After today’s performance, there isn’t much harm in trying Adenji there IMO. What’s the worst that could happen?

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Adeniji was starting at RT by the end of the season. How soon, who knows. 
Reply/Quote
I think there is enough info on Bobby Hart's play to know that its time to let someone else play. Bring in Johnson. I dont really think he could play worse, and even a small upgrade would be good.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 01:29 AM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: I wouldn't be surprised at all if Adeniji was starting at RT by the end of the season. How soon, who knows. 

Shortly after Burrow gets sacked to break the record for sacks allowed in a season and local fans end up tying Hart up in a warehouse till after game day so someone else is forced to start.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 01:04 AM)JSR18 Wrote: WhoDey2   Not what I expected today from the Offense. All through FA and the Draft all we heard was: "We like our guys on the Oline". "We'll be better than last year with our guys coming back". "Jonah will be an instant upgrade". "Bobby Hart has improved his footwork and quickness". Blah, Blah Blah...

The right side of this Oline is hot garbage. Putrid. What's the answer??  (Price looked half-way decent when subbing for XSF)

Do we just keep plugging away with B. Hart, our turnstile Tackle, he of the Ole block with hopes that Coach Turner can coach him up?? It's only Game 2, do we see what F. Johnson can do?? Adeniji?? Grab somebody off the street? Raid a Practice Squad? Trade??

What say you??

I say...this post would have fit perfectly in the Bobby Hart thread. Mellow

And, Price actually looked better than half-way decent. Don't write him in for any All Pro teams but he was better than the Billy Price we've seen in the past. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Actually after Price went in and from the 2nd half on, the line gave up zero sacks.

I'm as disgusted at the first half as any Bengals fan, but it was the first game for them, too. Hoping everyone improves and builds on the last 2 Bengals drives.

- I'll never understand the false starts. At home... and no crowd? WTF?!
Reply/Quote
With no preseason this year a rookie QB is going to work out some kinks the first two or three games. No excuse for a 6 year vet offensive line guy. The coaches will play it off as Bosa makes all OT look bad. But if Hart is not replaced then Turner should be replaced.
Reply/Quote
Price just might finally be healthy and hungry to regain his starting position.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 07:57 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Price just might finally be healthy and hungry to regain his starting position.

I think that's indeed the case.  Don't forget Billy Price, as are many Bengal first round picks, came to the team injured.  Still, before his big on the field injury in 2018 he was playing very well at center and everyone was saying how much better he was than Russell Bodine.  

Yesterday Billy played with length and leverage and his pass blocking was above average.  He controlled the gaps well, moving laterally to adjust and meeting the defensive lineman or linebacker square-on.  The difference in energy and technique was noticeable.  
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 02:06 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I say...this post would have fit perfectly in the Bobby Hart thread. Mellow

And, Price actually looked better than half-way decent. Don't write him in for any All Pro teams but he was better than the Billy Price we've seen in the past. 

WhoDey2 Yeah, I considered that and decided even though the subject mater might be the same the premise was different... Smirk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
Just watched the replay of the INT, and Bobby Hart totally whiffed on that play and immediately put Burrow under pressure, which led to him flipping the ball into an INT. Burrow should've thrown it away, but Bobby Hart should've at least made a tiny little block on his guy, and he didnt even touch him. His guy was chasing Burrow from behind way too quick. Even a chip shot block would've helped that. There was no block from Hart on that play. Just wind.
Reply/Quote
Here's what I want to know...who exactly has Jim Turner coached up before that gives him reputation as someone who can coach up bad OL?

There must be someone I'm not thinking of, right?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Bring back Cordy Glenn
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 01:58 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Just watched the replay of the INT, and Bobby Hart totally whiffed on that play and immediately put Burrow under pressure, which led to him flipping the ball into an INT. Burrow should've thrown it away, but Bobby Hart should've at least made a tiny little block on his guy, and he didnt even touch him. His guy was chasing Burrow from behind way too quick. Even a chip shot block would've helped that. There was no block from Hart on that play. Just wind.

No OL is responsible for the shuffle pick. Burrow was running left and just made a bad bad play.
Reply/Quote