Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Riley Reiff
He's 28 years old...and would likely want a longer-term deal.

Thoughts?

I think he is a better option than any draft pick and draft a Guard in Rd 2 to replace Zeitler?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He's been kind of a disappointment in Detroit for a 1st Round pick...but he's probably an average NFL starter. Nothing great. Not terrible.

I think on a 2-3 year contract...he'd be a good get.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 12:05 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: He's 28 years old...and would likely want a longer-term deal.  

Thoughts?

I think he is a better option than any draft pick and draft a Guard in Rd 2 to replace Zeitler?

We have to be looking at this guy and Ricky Wagner really hard now to save this team.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 03:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We have to be looking at this guy and Ricky Wagner really hard now to save this team.

Wagner's getting a deal from the Lions that will make him the highest paid right tackle in the league, so that's out of the picture. 
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 03:22 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: Wagner's getting a deal from the Lions that will make him the highest paid right tackle in the league, so that's out of the picture. 

Thanks PikesPeak. Didn't know that. Oh well, who else is out there besides Reiff?
Reply/Quote
Hobson said they are going with Ogbuehi.... If we were looking Beachum and Clady are the best two LT options on the market outside of Okung who is the next big LT to get a deal.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 03:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks PikesPeak. Didn't know that. Oh well, who else is out there besides Reiff?

It's...uhh...not good. lol. Shield your eyes. Basically, the upside of Cedric ( or whatever's left ) is better than a lot of the remaining options. 
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 03:37 PM)Au165 Wrote: Hobson said they are going with Ogbuehi.... If we were looking Beachum and Clady are the best two LT options on the market outside of Okung who is the next big LT to get a deal.

If they go with Og after last year they are completely insane and our QB should start looking for a trade.

Beachum or Clady it is, bring one of them in. Have to i don't care what Hobspin says. This team will implode otherwise.

Not saying that Og cannot improve, cause how could he get worse? He is made for LT with his athleticism more than RT
that is for sure but he will really have to bulk up and learn technique. His O-line coach makes this even more unlikely that
he becomes decent. We need a LT that is somewhat polished. While Beachum and Clady have their problems they have
done some good things in the NFL and would not have to be completely coached up from the bottom by PA.

(03-09-2017, 03:51 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: It's...uhh...not good. lol. Shield your eyes. Basically, the upside ( or whatever's left ) is better than a lot of the remaining options. 

Our FO really shit the bed letting Whit go.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 03:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks PikesPeak. Didn't know that. Oh well, who else is out there besides Reiff?

Keep this in mind. The Lions went after Wagner hard because they didn't want Reiff back. If you want to see any kind of success from Reiff, then you need to kick him inside and cross your fingers.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Lets get the tires rolling on him, Fluker, Mangold and Kelce and see if any stick.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 04:10 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Keep this in mind. The Lions went after Wagner hard because they didn't want Reiff back. If you want to see any kind of success from Reiff, then you need to kick him inside and cross your fingers.

Thanks BD, atleast the Lions saw their weakness and tried to improve upon it unlike us.

Now we just have to hope our weaknesses get better. There has to be a reason Reiff was an early first round pick.

He could be worth it to us if we brought him in to play RG. How is he in the run game?
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 04:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks BD, atleast the Lions saw their weakness and tried to improve upon it unlike us.

Now we just have to hope our weaknesses get better. There has to be a reason Reiff was an early first round pick.

He could be worth it to us if we brought him in to play RG. How is he in the run game?

Reiff is a decent run blocker. You could try him at RG and hope that it's a repeat of the Bobbie Williams situation/signing.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 02:59 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He's been kind of a disappointment in Detroit for a 1st Round pick...but he's probably an average NFL starter. Nothing great. Not terrible.

I think on a 2-3 year contract...he'd be a good get.

He's still light years ahead of Ced. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 04:45 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Reiff is a decent run blocker. You could try him at RG and hope that it's a repeat of the Bobbie Williams situation/signing.

The biggest knock on Reiff coming out of Iowa was how short his arms were and that he couldn't engage with his blockers. 

It also led to one of the funniest photoshops I've seen in a while. 

[Image: ReiffTinyArms.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 04:45 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Reiff is a decent run blocker. You could try him at RG and hope that it's a repeat of the Bobbie Williams situation/signing.

Him or Fluker at RG i would be happy with.

Both could play RT in a pinch too if Fisher has to slide to LT in case Og continues to suck it up.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 04:48 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: The biggest knock on Reiff coming out of Iowa was how short his arms were and that he couldn't engage with his blockers. 

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 04:48 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: The biggest knock on Reiff coming out of Iowa was how short his arms were and that he couldn't engage with his blockers. 

Yeah, his arms weren't long enough for some scouts. As soon as that came out during the combine he was instantly ticketed for guard by a lot of people.

(03-09-2017, 04:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Him or Fluker at RG i would be happy with.

Both could play RT in a pinch too if Fisher has to slide to LT in case Og continues to suck it up.

Fluker would be such a desperation move.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 04:56 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Yeah, his arms weren't long enough for some scouts. As soon as that came out during the combine he was instantly ticketed for guard by a lot of people.

Fluker would be such a desperation move.

Why is that BD? Fluker was just a bad LT cause he wasn't athletic enough and gave up too many sacks. 1st round pick just like Reiff.

I think he could make a fine RG, he is a better run blocker than Zeitler was here.

I believe Guard is where he should of been put to begin with.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 05:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Why is that BD? Fluker was just a bad LT cause he wasn't athletic enough and gave up too many sacks. 1st round pick just like Reiff.

I think he could make a fine RG, he is a better run blocker than Zeitler was here.

I believe Guard is where he should of been put to begin with.

Fluker has averaged 5 sacks given up per season since he entered the league. He hasn't looked that good at tackle or guard. Also, the Chargers have been crap at OL, but chose to move on from him.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 05:03 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Fluker has averaged 5 sacks given up per season since he entered the league. He hasn't looked that good at tackle or guard. Also, the Chargers have been crap at OL, but chose to move on from him.

Fair enough, just thought moving him to Guard would help him just like it would Reiff.

BTW, we are desperate.
Reply/Quote