Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our coaches have no egos
(08-31-2020, 02:33 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Burrow said Jim Turner has no ego?  I think the kid may already have CTE.

Just because you have a loud personality doesn't mean you have a large ego. You can be quiet and reserved and still be a full of yourself pompous ass.

I take it Burrow is saying they all work well together and communicate.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2020, 03:41 PM)Synric Wrote: Just because you have a loud personality doesn't mean you have a large ego. You can be quiet and reserved and still be a full of yourself pompous ass.

I take it Burrow is saying they all work well together and communicate.

Well he used the wrong word then.  
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2020, 03:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Turner coaches the OL.

Yeah, I was like what?
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2020, 12:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Why would our coaches have egos?

None of them have accomplished anything.

Unless you consider coaching at the highest possible level in your profession "anything".
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2020, 03:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Tuner coaches the OL.

Ah hell, what a brain fart, I was thinking D line.. I stand corrected. 
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2020, 04:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, I was like what?

Yeah, me too when I read that..... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2020, 05:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Unless you consider coaching at the highest possible level in your profession "anything".

I was thinking the samething... Cool
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2020, 10:49 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Was a quote from Joe Burrow on Sirius radio this AM.

He stated that everything with them is a conversation; none of "do it my way" and says they have incorporated some things he did at LSU into their game plan

He also stated he is exactly where he needs to be as far as being on the Bengals

Missed not have preseason games, but feels he's taken enough snaps in practice to be ready for SD

Talked about the walk to the Underground Railroad and how they wanted to have something tangible and the entire Brown family is very supportive

The rest was just about how good his teammates are on and off the field. Says he's constantly picking the receiver's brains with questions such as:
"Was the ball where you expected it to be"
"What did you see as far as the defense rolling"
"What can we do to make it more successful"

After the interview Soloman Wilcots and Torry Holt discussed him. To say they were impressed is an understatement.

Solly said Joe was doing "pro level" in college that he had never seen before as far as reads and controlling an offense

Torry stated "You can tell he's a leader and his teammates will buy into him"

I think I'm the only person who noticed that you said he thinks he's ready for San Diego. LOL.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2020, 03:38 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I'm pretty sure he had some issues after the Miami scandal when he returned to Texas A&M. Think it was a sexism scandal that he got in trouble over.

And all the weird stuff with the line here last season, guys retiring and saying they were forced back too soon. It just makes you a little leery of what is going on with that guy.

It was a football clinic for women that Texas A&M put on. In his presentation there were some inappropriate slides that upset the participants. You'd think he would've taken things serious after the Miami bullying incident. I know he also made himself look bad when Erik McCoy declared for the draft. He basically said it was a bad idea because McCoy wasn't ready for the NFL. McCoy wound up going in the 2nd and started every game for the Saints. Also, Turner jumped to the NFL a month after McCoy declared.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2020, 09:32 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, me too when I read that..... Hilarious

Ha ha

(09-01-2020, 10:51 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I was thinking the samething... Cool

Yeah to say these coaches haven't accomplished anything but a poor season coaching is much more accurate.

Hope this changes and I believe it will.
Reply/Quote
Turner took Mixon's advice on the run game so he theoretically falls into the "coaches have no ego" group given that.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote