Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2021 NFL Mock Draft Challenge: April
The March Challenge was very close. Nicomo Cosca won March.
The month of April challenge is now open. Only one submission per month and please list the simulator used like fanspeak etc. If you use fanspeak, please use classic, fanspeak big board. This is the last Mock Draft Challenge before the 2021 draft. I would like to try something different for this last Mock. Try to anticipate what the Bengals will realistically do this year. In other words, for this last mock challenge, instead of drafting what you want, pick players the Bengals will target instead.

Fanspeak
PFF
Profootball Network
The Draft Network

Good luck.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I traded the 5th pick to the Lions for 7 and 41

7. KYLE PITTS TE FLORIDA
41. WYATT DAVIS OG OHIO STATE

THEN I TRADED 38 to THE BUCS FOR 64 and 95

64 JAYLON MAYFIELD OT MICHIGAN
69. MARQUEZ STEVENSON WR.HOUSTON

95. PATRICK JONES EDGE. PITTSBURGH

THEN I TRADED 111 to FALCONS FOR 142. 182 202

142 JAYLEN TWYMAN DT. PITTSBURGH
148. DIVINE DEABLO S. VA.TECH

182. SADARIUS HUTCHERSON. OG SOUTH CAROLINA

190. TAMORRION TERRY WR FLORIDA ST
202.JAVIAN HAWKINS RB LOUISVILLE

219. JUSTIN HILLARD LB OHIO STATE
235. CHRISTIAN RUMPH DE DUKE
Reply/Quote
TDN. 

Ja'Marr Chase
WR,

Dillon Radunz
OT,

Ifeatu Melifonwu
CB,

Dayo Odeyingbo
EDGE,

Marlon Williams
WR,

Drew Dalman
IOL,

Chris Evans
RB,

Royce Newman
OT, 
Reply/Quote
I used TDN. As for what the Bengals do, I can see it looking something like this.

Cincinnati Bengals
Ja'Marr Chase
WR, LSU

Cincinnati Bengals
Landon Dickerson
IOL, Alabama

Cincinnati Bengals
Daviyon Nixon
IDL, Iowa

Cincinnati Bengals
Quinn Meinerz — Wisconsin-Whitewater
IOL, Wisconsin

Cincinnati Bengals
Rhamondre Stevenson
RB, Oklahoma

Cincinnati Bengals
Marquez Stevenson
WR, Houston

Cincinnati Bengals
Chris Rumph II
EDGE, Duke

Cincinnati Bengals
Dazz Newsome
WR, North Carolina
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2021, 03:43 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I traded the 5th pick to the Lions for 7 and 41

7. KYLE PITTS TE FLORIDA
41. WYATT DAVIS OG  OHIO STATE

THEN I TRADED 38 to THE BUCS FOR 64 and 95

64 JAYLON MAYFIELD OT MICHIGAN
69. MARQUEZ STEVENSON WR.HOUSTON

95. PATRICK JONES EDGE. PITTSBURGH

THEN I TRADED 111 to FALCONS FOR 142. 182 202

142 JAYLEN TWYMAN DT.  PITTSBURGH
148.  DIVINE DEABLO S. VA.TECH

182. SADARIUS HUTCHERSON. OG SOUTH CAROLINA

190. TAMORRION TERRY WR FLORIDA ST
202.JAVIAN HAWKINS RB LOUISVILLE

219. JUSTIN HILLARD LB OHIO STATE
235. CHRISTIAN RUMPH DE DUKE

Is this what you think Bengals will do?
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
My April draft was PFF. I guess you could say I did what I wanted by trading so much but the players I took are guys I could see the Bengals targeting especialy with lots of picks. I traded #5 for the Panthers 8, 39 and 73. Then I traded the 8th for the Pats 15, 46 and 96, then I traded the 15, 202 and 235 for the Raiders 17 and 48. Lots of trading but I wanted to load up in earlier rounds and PFF allows for it even though I dont think we would get all those picks in real life or probably even trade anything. But this is for fun so...

17. Rashawn Slater - T/G
38. Terrace Marshall Jr - WR
39. Landon Dickerson - C
46. Quinn Meinerz - G
48 Payton Turner - DE
69. Pat Freiermuth - TE
73. Milton Williams - DT
96. Jaleon Darden - WR
111. Jamin Davis - LB
149. D'Ante Smith - OT
190. Chauncey Golston - DE

PFF gave it an A-
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2021, 06:19 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Is this what you think Bengals will do?

Yes sir
Reply/Quote
PFF Mock. I tried to do what I thought the Bengals would do ... but if the draft actually shakes out this way I would be thrilled.

5 - Penei Sewell T Oregon - Chase was gone (ATL), easy choice (apologies to Pitts).

38 - Terrance Marshall Jr. WR LSU - Sorry we didn't your guy in 1, Joe, but here's the next best thing.

69 - Jamin Davis LB Kentucky - Only a fool would pass on Jamin Davis in Rd. 3. Duke Tobin is not a fool, right? Right?

111 - Milton Williams DI Louisiana Tech - I don't love this kid, but he's highly-rated and I can see how he could be viewed as a poor-man's Geno.

149 - Kendrick Green G Illinois - Because we need o-line help, and this kid can play guard or center.

190 - Patrick Jones II ED Pittsburgh - Because we need pass rush help. Decent value here.

202 - Pooka Williams Jr. HB Kansas - Because I can almost guarantee that we will draft a RB, and he's the best on the board.

235 - Tony Poljan TE Virginia - It was between him and Sadarius Hutcherson; I went with the 6'7" red zone threat. In retrospect, the Bengals would probably take a CB here ...
Reply/Quote
My April draft through PFF. While I don't believe Chase will be gone, he was in this simulation. Also, I believe the Bengals will try to slide in Rd 2, but there were not decent offers so I declined:

Couldn't seem to get image to paste for some reason, but here is how it went with the Falcons picking Chase at #4:

Bengals #5 overall: Penei Sewell, OT. I know a lot of people would have wanted Pitts here, but he simply isn't a fit for this offense. Sewell allows the Bengals the flexibility to move Reiff inside or start Sewell inside and develop outside as RT and the Bengals will have bookend tackles for years to come. I wanted Chase, but this is a pretty good consolation.

#38: Dyami Brown, WR. He isn't Chase but has a lot of the same down-field production numbers. A good fit with Boyd and Higgins.

#69 Kendrick Green, OG. An incredible athletic man that fits the wide zone scheme extremely well.

#111 Spencer Brown, OT. The most athletic lineman tested. He has a short shuttle like some RBs. Extremely raw, but his upside is too good to pass up. FWIW, I don't think he will ever be here in Rd 4, but he was in this PFF sim so I took him. If he develops, could allow Sewell or Williams to move inside.

#149 Shaka Toney, EDGE. Raw but talented pass rusher than could contribute early on rotational basis.

#190 Johnathon Marshall. DT. Very tough 3T that can generate some pass rush.

#202 Elijah Mitchell, RB. My fav late round player in the draft. Might go much earlier. Versatile, fast, and fits wide-zone scheme well.

#235 Zech Mcpherson, CB. Speedy slot guy that could be a steal.
Reply/Quote