Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Riley Reiff officially done for the season
(12-17-2021, 04:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Shit. Well, I was still holding out hope that we at least make the Playoffs but now I need to just hope one of our backups
doesn't keep this from happening. Need either D'Ante Smith, Carman or Prince to step up and play very good or we aren't
going anywhere. This really sucks man.

Pollack needs to work some magic big time.

Last year, when the line had to be overhauled at the last second, they played probably their best game of the year against the Titans. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2021, 07:04 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Last year, when the line had to be overhauled at the last second, they played probably their best game of the year against the Titans. 

Sure would be nice to happen again, what is nice is we have Pollack now who is light years better than Turner.

Not saying it can't happen but this injury has really ***** slapped me down. We need to be able to run the ball and protect 
Burrow if we are going to win the Division. We all saw how Prince was a big part of why we lost to the Chargers. Hope we 
start Carman or D'Ante Smith over him.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2021, 05:26 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Last report was Prince out with an illness and Fred Johnson starting at RT

Damn, I like both Carman and D'Ante better then FJ. Hope he plays better than Prince, dude was shitty against the Chargers.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2021, 07:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sure would be nice to happen again, what is nice is we have Pollack now who is light years better than Turner.

I know this is Pollacks first year back but one has to wonder if he's going to be enough to get us there with the OL. But yes, Light years better than Turner.

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2021, 07:58 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I know this is Pollacks first year back but one has to wonder if he's going to be enough to get us there with the OL. But yes, Light years better than Turner.

Well, we will see. I do like the young guys, problem is they are young and inexperienced. Cannot commit lots of penalties down
this crucial stretch if we want to win the Division and get in the Playoffs. The young'uns are gonna have to step up or Fred has to.

Haven't really liked what I have seen of Fred Johnson since he has been a Bengal.
Reply/Quote
Time to get back to the dink and dunk no huddle Offense.Wear them down.Whatever.We desperately need to win this game.
Reply/Quote
Is it my imagination or was Fred Johnson not very good at guard but decent at tackle?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2021, 05:25 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Carman is not up. He was not drafted to play tackle, he was drafted to play guard. Fred Johnson is up, and if necessary they will move Adeniji out to tackle.

Sounds like he was drafted to hang out on the sidelines then.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Denver is the wrong defense to have this problem against.

Hopefully the Bengals figure out some scheme that will work.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2021, 10:42 PM)jason Wrote: Sounds like he was drafted to hang out on the sidelines then.

Dont worry bro, Pollack will fix everything
Reply/Quote
We can’t have nice things.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2021, 10:12 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Is it my imagination or was Fred Johnson not very good at guard but decent at tackle?

That is correct.

He can't use his leverage advantage as well at guard, so he got blown up to death when he played at RG last year.

With his height, arm length and overall length/size, he's much more-valuable at T.

He's a weird case, as almost any T can move to G and do decently (D'Ante Smith in the PS, Carman), but it's the opposite with Fred, for some reason.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I still believe Jackson Carman can bring something to the right side with Reiff out.
Reply/Quote
I didn't hate the signing or anything, but I knew immediately that we had to be prepared to play a couple games without Reiff this year. I was hoping it would be like 1-2 in the middle, not the final 4.5.

That's the downside of signing a 33-year-old OL who hasn't played a single full season in his last 6 years now. Upside being he came at a 1 year bargain.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2021, 10:52 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I still believe Jackson Carman can bring something to the right side with Reiff out.

All of Carman's college time at tackle was on the left side. People should quit wishing him to be the answer at RT.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2021, 11:12 AM)Sled21 Wrote: All of Carman's college time at tackle was on the left side. People should quit wishing him to be the answer at RT.

..and yet we're playing him at RG; both a side and a position he's unfamiliar with. At least he has experience at the tackle position.

FWIW, Rieff's whole career was at LT and he seemed to pick it up pretty quick. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2021, 11:17 AM)bfine32 Wrote: ..and yet we're playing him at RG; both a side and a position he's unfamiliar with. At least he has experience at the tackle position.

FWIW, Rieff's whole career was at LT and he seemed to pick it up pretty quick. 

Yes, we are transitioning him to guard. My point is he would have to transition to RT, a spot I don't believe he's played either, and there are other players on the chart who have experience at RT. I'd rather put Johnson out there, he has some experience and is not a horrible tackle, than to put a rookie out there who is new to the position.
Reply/Quote
Riley Reiff played well this season; I hope he heals fast. It may be time to pull a wide receiver off the field and either use two tight end sets or place two tackles in Reiff’s spot.
Reply/Quote