Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ring of Honor Voting
Not a STH, so I get no say, but my vote would be for Boomer and Big Willie. Boomer being the other SB QB, and Willie being the elite RT he was, one of the best at his position and will probably go into the Hall soon. (As should Kenny) If they get in, my next year's would be Krumrie and Chad
Reply/Quote
Is it too early to vote for Burrow/
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Speedy here. Fan for 54 years, STH for 17. I have watched every player on that list and could make a case for just about all of them. I will carefully consider my 34 votes (2 seats), and I will keep in mind that I am representing those of you who love the Bengals as much as I do but don't have season tickets. Keep the discussion going. I've already changed my mind a couple of times.
Reply/Quote
Now it starts getting harder. Wish it was 4 players at a time. Since it is two, I'll go Chad and Willie. Next year will be a knife fight on who goes in.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2022, 05:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Is it too early to vote for Burrow/

Yes,

But this is a good question to ask about Geno Atkins.

At this point I think Boomer has a very slight edge over a group of 5 other players Lamar Parrish, Chad Johnson, Corey Dillon, Willie Anderson, Geno Atkins.
Reply/Quote
If I could vote, it would be Isaac Curtis and Reggie Williams
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2022, 05:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Is it too early to vote for Burrow/

1) Chad Johnson
2) Joe Burrow (accompanied with a bronze statue outside the stadium).
Reply/Quote
I'd like to see some of the older guys get in first, but I'm old too.

Curtis
Parrish
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2022, 10:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes,

But this is a good question to ask about Geno Atkins.

At this point I think Boomer has a very slight edge over a group of 5 other players Lamar Parrish, Chad Johnson, Corey Dillon, Willie Anderson, Geno Atkins.

Players like Geno are going in without a doubt. Personally, I would like to see some of the older guys go in first while they are still alive to see it. The HOF keeping Ken Riley out sucks even more now that he's passed and won't be alive to be inducted when he finally is. 
Reply/Quote
Willie and Curtis
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2022, 10:59 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Players like Geno are going in without a doubt. Personally, I would like to see some of the older guys go in first while they are still alive to see it. 

I think it is good PR for the team to induct the older players. It educates the younger fans about the history of the team.

But if we are going to keep guys like Geno out there needs to be some rule about how long they have been retired. Maybe there already is one and I just don't know about it.
Reply/Quote
I have no vote but I think of this as another opportunity to highlight guys who could get into the HOF.
Willie and probably Chad would get my votes. I lean towards voting in Bengals legends who no real HOF shot later (Trumpy, Boomer, Krumrie etc). Also, Breech was great but unless they are kicking multiple SB winning FGs, I just can’t vote for a kicker. (So hopefully someday I will be endorsing McPherson)

If Geno is eligible then I would vote him in over Chad. I just think he’s a HOF player and one of the Bengals top 5 players of all time.
Reply/Quote
Big Willie and Isaac Curtis

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Saw David Fulcher at Trader’s World today. He was signing autographs, and selling some merch for his foundation. His booth was setup right across from the restrooms, and I was listening to him talk while my wife was in the ladies. Seemed like a nice guy. I didn’t meet him (he was a little before my time - but I know he was really good). I was wearing a Bengals shirt though, so I made sure to give him a little nod when we walked by.

Reply/Quote
I do not get a vote. Lot of worthy names there.

I'd start with process of elimination. While I love Lap I do not think he is quite on the level of those other guys. He'd be my first one off the Island.

Reggie Williams and Breech were both wonderful servants to the club, but I put both in the "it's an honor just to be nominated" category. Those 3 would most definitely make up my lower quartile.

I think the remaining 12 are all very worthy, but for my money, Boomer (league MVP), Big Willie, Parrish, and Chad are a cut above. With not a lot of difference amongst the other 8.

Not a lot of separation on the rest. I listed All-Pro/Pro Bowl appearances with the Bengals for each guy.

Top quartile: Boomer (MVP, 1/3), Willie (3/4), Parrish (0/6), Chad (2/6).

Middle 2 quartiles: Trumpy (1/4), Curtis (0/4), Brooks (0/4), Fulcher (1/3), Montoya (0/3), Dillon (0/3), Collingsworth (0/3), Krumrie (1/2).

Lower quartile: Lapham (0/0), Breech (0/0), Williams (0/0).

I'd have nominated Cassanova as well, but he is the only obvious omission (Holman?).
Reply/Quote
Short careers aside, I think Mike Reid and Tommy Casanova need to at least be eligible.
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2022, 04:18 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I think the remaining 12 are all very worthy, but for my money, Boomer (league MVP), Big Willie, Parrish, and Chad are a cut above. With not a lot of difference amongst the other 8.

I pretty much agree with you, but I might put Dillon in that top group.
Reply/Quote
I went with Willie and Boomer.

Willie because I agree with the idea that a HOF candidate should be in his own team's RoH, and he unquestionably deserves it.

Boomer because I want to see Boomer in Cincinnati. I never got to see Boomer at Riverfront/Cinergy, first game was Klingler's first start and he hadn't taken the starting job from Blake yet the game I got to go to in his return/finale season. So, I want to see Boomer in PBS dammit, even if it is 25-30 years late.

This is one of those delightful instances where there are no wrong answers, just varying orders of importance.
Reply/Quote
My completely biased, "show me how old you are" choices would be Willie Anderson and Chad Johnson.

I can't guarantee they're the two best players among the 15 candidates because I did not witness the vast majority of the players play. You can look at stats, but each generation of football is so different, it's hard to compare players between generations (for example, the majority of Hall of Fame QBs, from the 1940s all the way to the 1990s, have career completion percentages in the 50s or even 40s. That would NEVER fly in today's NFL).

I could see Boomer deserving it before these two just from a positional importance stand point and I could see Dave Lapham being chosen because of his impact off the field as well as on the field.

But, to me, one of the greatest RTs in NFL history and the franchise's receptions, receiving yards and receiving touchdowns records holder (as well as the most charismatic and entertaining player in the team's history) are two good choices, I think.

If I were to let in a running back before these two, though, I'd pick James Brooks, not Corey Dillon.

Not only because Brooks didn't rage quit the team like Dillon did, but also because he was just as, if not more, productive over his career with the Bengals.

Brooks and Dillon played for the Bengals for 8 years and 7 years, respectively. Brooks had 64 career touchdowns with the Bengals (37 rushing, 27 receiving) vs Dillon's 45 rushing and 5 receiving.
Brooks averaged more yards per carry (4.8 vs 4.3)
They had similar career rushing + receiving yards (9543 for Dillon, 9459 for Brooks).
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2022, 11:46 AM)QueenCity Wrote: Season ticket members do.. so yes

Darn..I gotta buy season tickets and give em all away just to vote because I damned sure ain't gonna go sit around a bunch of drunks screaming their damned fool heads off in the freezing cold..  I'm make you all a deal..Vote for me for ROH and I'll give my tickets away to you all if I have the money which I probably won't and I never played for the Bengals anyway so....never mind.. Bad plan..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote