Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ring of Honor: Willie & Curtis
They will be the next 2 in.

https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-ring-of-honor-2022-willie-anderson-isaac-curtis
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Nice I went 2 for 2..
Reply/Quote
Well deserved! Ike Curtis made some crazy fingertip catches and was a stud WR. While Ocho had far larger numbers, when Curtis played, passing yards were nothing like today. As an old guy, I'm all for the old players getting in while they're still around to enjoy the accolades they richly deserve.
Reply/Quote
No complaints here.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
2 Solid entries...
Reply/Quote
Good deal ThumbsUp I'm happy with that.
Reply/Quote
Well deserved honor for both of them.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Those are the 2 I would have voted for if I could.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Big Willie was a no-brainer and this should help with his much-deserved induction into Canton.

I'm really glad that an old-school Bengal was selected. Don't be misled by his stats. It was a different era, and he was the dominant receiver of his time. Hell, Pittsburgh changed their whole defense to slow him down, which led to the rules being changed. I have great memories of him catching a bomb from Kenny in stride, crossing the goal line and casually flipping the ball over his shoulder. He was the first 85. Next year will be Chad's turn.
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2022, 12:31 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Big Willie was a no-brainer and this should help with his much-deserved induction into Canton.

I'm really glad that an old-school Bengal was selected. Don't be misled by his stats. It was a different era, and he was the dominant receiver of his time. Hell, Pittsburgh changed their whole defense to slow him down, which led to the rules being changed. I have great memories of him catching a bomb from Kenny in stride, crossing the goal line and casually flipping the ball over his shoulder. He was the first 85. Next year will be Chad's turn.

Yeah, I’m thinking Chad and Boomer next year.

Reply/Quote
Andrew Whitworth reached out to Willie to congratulate him and said that he would be at the induction game as part of the Amazon team broadcasting the game

Reply/Quote
I can't argue with these. I hope they induct them separately to give each guy his moment. They should do induct Willie during the Baltimore game.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2022, 12:59 PM)jason Wrote: I can't argue with these. I hope they induct them separately to give each guy his moment. They should do induct Willie during the Baltimore game.

The ceremony will be the during halftime of the Thursday night game against the Dolphins Sep 29th

Reply/Quote
(07-20-2022, 12:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yeah, I’m thinking Chad and Boomer next year.

I'd be ok with Boomer, but I'd lean Dillon instead.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Congrats Isaac and Big Willie! 
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2022, 12:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yeah, I’m thinking Chad and Boomer next year.

I'm still in favor of getting some of the older guys in while they are still around to enjoy it.  Several of our greats from the 70s and 80s are over 70

Reply/Quote
Congratulations to them both !

Two of my all-time favorite Bengals.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2022, 04:57 PM)pally Wrote: I'm still in favor of getting some of the older guys in while they are still around to enjoy it.  Several of our greats from the 70s and 80s are over 70

Right, but I just don’t want to see too many guys go in. It should be pretty exclusive. It makes it more special that way.

And Chad not going in by the 3rd class would be a crime, imo. He almost single-handedly revitalized the franchise, and was a big part of an entire generation of new Bengals fans jumping on board.

Who the 2nd spot should be is more up for debate.

Reply/Quote
(07-20-2022, 01:17 PM)pally Wrote: The ceremony will be the during halftime of the Thursday night game against the Dolphins Sep 29th

Eh... It's not a big deal, but I just wish they'd do em individually from here on out. I get that we didn't have one for so long, and there's a backlog, but other teams in every sport honor the guys on their night/ day. It's not like Curtis and Willie are Stockton and Malone. They played for the same organization in different eras. That's the only tie that binds. Happy for both of them though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
No surprise that Willie is going in. I'm a little surprised that Idaac Curtis got in over Chad. That season ticket weighted system will definitely help the older players get their recognition. 

No complaints from me.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote