Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ring of Honor announcement
As expected it’s the Ken’s joining Paul Brown and Munoz for the inaugural class.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Awesome!!!! well deserved by them both

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
As it should be....
Reply/Quote
Yes, as it should be
Reply/Quote
Yes that’s awesome news
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2021, 10:15 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: As expected it’s the Ken’s joining Paul Brown and Munoz for the inaugural class.

That's good news.  I was a little afraid Chad might bump Riley and he would likely never get it because the fan base simply isn't that old.  Well deserved for both and I hope Ken Riley's family is happy with this honor.  I would imagine they would be and it may help open the door to the other HOF.  
Reply/Quote
I voted Anderson and Krumrie. Was going to vote for Chad and Willie but had to go with the old school. It was a toss up between Krumrie and Riley behind Anderson. So I love the results. Some damn impressive careers.
Reply/Quote
Next group: Chad, Willie, Parrish, and Dillon?

Gotta do what you can to help push those guys' names back into HoF talk with the first two classes.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2021, 08:36 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: That's good news.  I was a little afraid Chad might bump Riley and he would likely never get it because the fan base simply isn't that old.  Well deserved for both and I hope Ken Riley's family is happy with this honor. I would imagine they would be and it may help open the door to the other HOF.  

They played a sound bite from his son on WLW this morning, and he very much is.

Reply/Quote
If I had a vote, which I don't because I'm not a season ticket holder, my next vote would be Big Willie and Krumrie
Reply/Quote
Next Group for me is

Krummie, Willie, Curtis, Williams.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2021, 10:54 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They played a sound bite from his son on WLW this morning, and he very much is.

That sounds cool.  Very happy for them.  Wish he was still alive to enjoy the honor, but that is really cool for his family.  
Reply/Quote
Ike should be next in, hands down.

He would probably be joined by Boomer.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2021, 12:56 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Next Group for me is

Krummie, Willie, Curtis, Williams.

I agree. I think it is better to start with older and then move towards the newer generation.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2021, 01:37 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I agree. I think it is better to start with older and then move towards the newer generation.

I don't disagree, but I'd like to see Chad go in with the next group. All time leader at his position, and he's been a great ambassador for the team the last few years. How many of our former players from the last 2 decades can we say that about?

And honestly I think they should go in as individuals instead of groups from this point on. Just my opinion.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2021, 02:15 PM)jason Wrote: I don't disagree, but I'd like to see Chad go in with the next group. All time leader at his position, and he's been a great ambassador for the team the last few years. How many of our former players from the last 2 decades can we say that about?

And honestly I think they should go in as individuals instead of groups from this point on. Just my opinion.

Agreed. And I hope they don’t put too many guys in tbh. It should be reserved for the really special players. If I had a vote (I don’t since I’m not a season ticket holder), it would be for Chad and Willie, next.

Chad was the best WR in the league for a few years in a row, and holds the records for yards and TD’s, plus he almost singlehanded helped bring this franchise back to relevance.

Willie is a borderline HoFer. He’s a no-brainer.

Reply/Quote
We've had 2 league MVP's. Kenny and Boomer. So my next choice is Boomer.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2021, 03:07 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Agreed. And I hope they don’t put too many guys in tbh. It should be reserved for the really special players. If I had a vote (I don’t since I’m not a season ticket holder), it would be for Chad and Willie, next.

Chad was the best WR in the league for a few years in a row, and holds the records for yards and TD’s, plus he almost singlehanded helped bring this franchise back to relevance.

Willie is a borderline HoFer. He’s a no-brainer.

Yeah, I think they/we need to work down their "who has the best chance/is most deserving of HoF" list and go by that. I'm not sure if Bengals Ring of Honor is going to move any real gauges on voters, but it will put their names back in conversation and maybe it'll get people to look back at them again.

Chad
Willie
Parrish
Dillon

Are all guys who would probably be in the HoF if they played for a more historically successful team. I feel like there's a pretty solid gap between them and the next guys who would be Boomer, Trumpy, Reggie, I guess?

(Number of 8+ Time Pro Bowl DBs who aren't in the Hall of Fame?: One. Parrish. That's the whole list.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I'd have to go Wyche and Forrest Gregg next.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(07-25-2021, 01:33 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yeah, I think they/we need to work down their "who has the best chance/is most deserving of HoF" list and go by that. I'm not sure if Bengals Ring of Honor is going to move any real gauges on voters, but it will put their names back in conversation and maybe it'll get people to look back at them again.

Chad
Willie
Parrish
Dillon

Are all guys who would probably be in the HoF if they played for a more historically successful team. I feel like there's a pretty solid gap between them and the next guys who would be Boomer, Trumpy, Reggie, I guess?

(Number of 8+ Time Pro Bowl DBs who aren't in the Hall of Fame?: One. Parrish. That's the whole list.)

You have a very solid group though I would have to put Curtis on that list also...   The more i dig into careers, Parrish really is just as deserving as Riley to be in the HOF, as they say he was Deion before Deion. In his 13 seasons, he recorded 47 interceptions for 462 yards, 13 fumble recoveries for 65 yards, 131 punt returns for 1,205 yards, 61 kickoffs for 1,504 yards, and 13 touchdowns

I personally think he would have stayed a Bengal playing next to Riley for his  career, they would be talked about as one of the best tandems ever as Corners and would have helped to move both of them up the HOF board.  Lets hope once we break the ice with hopefully Anderson, the rest of our great players start to get more notice
Reply/Quote