Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ring of Honor voting starts today
Voting for the Ring of Honor Class of 2023 is underway for season ticket holders. This year's nominees are:

-Jim Breech
-James Brooks
-Cris Collinsworth
-Corey Dillon
-Boomer Esiason
-David Fulcher
-Chad Johnson
-Tim Krumrie
-Dave Lapham
-Max Montoya
-Lamar Parrish
-Bob Trumpy
-Reggie Williams

My votes, if I could vote, would go to
-Lamar Parrish
-Max Montoya
second choices
-Bob Trumpy
-Tim Kumrie

I leaned heavily towards some of the older guys. Get them in while they are still alive to enjoy it

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I'd probably go Parrish and Trumpy because of their age. So pally and I sorta have the same approach. I remember some time back hearing about Krumrie and some health issues. Has anyone heard anything about his status recently?

Honestly, I wish they wouldn't limit it to two.
Reply/Quote
Boomer & Chad would get my vote.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Brooks and Williams
Reply/Quote
Reggie Williams, Jim Breech

As much as I would love Chad Johnson, I think a couple of these old dudes should get in just so they can enjoy while they still around.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Chad and Boomer

Reply/Quote
I voted for Boomer & Chad. I thought these 2 have done the most for the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
So, I'm guessing it is only two guys, since that's what everyone is doing. It'll only get harder and harder.

I'm going with Chad and Boomer. Would not complain about others, though. Will say, David Fulcher is why my jersey number was 33.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
I would pick Boomer and Max Montoya. I remember a lot of the older guys, but I grew up in the 80’s and loved those teams. Really loved Collinsworth and was the reason my number was 80 playing.
Reply/Quote
Parrish is a gimmee for me. He is the reason Riley did not get into the Hall for so long. They said QBs threw at Rioey because everyone was afraid to throw at Parrish. It was not all correct,,Riley played great after Lemar moved on, but it wasn't all wrong, either.

Parrish was an 8 time Pro-Bowler (6 with us), 3 time first team all pro (once with us), two time 2nd team all-Pro (both with us). 47 picks and 13 TDs (INT + returns). I know there were off-field issues, but Parrish is a HOFer in my book. Easily.

The 2nd pick is tougher. Boomer, Chad, Montoya, Krumrie, and Williams are tough to decide between. I'll go Chad, but it is tight.
Reply/Quote
That’s a tough ask. I’ll go Max and Lamar and next year Boomer and Chad. But man I loved James and Ickey in the backfield during the SB run. That was a thing of beauty.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Went with Chad and Krumrie. I think this is Chad's year.
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2023, 06:49 PM)BengalsJA Wrote: I voted for Boomer & Chad. I thought these 2 have done the most for the Bengals.

That’s the big reason for me. I know a lot of the old heads will talk about guys that should be in before them because of age or whatever, but these two are an MVP QB that took his team to the Super Bowl, and a star WR that probably grew the fanbase outside of Cincy more than any other Bengals player until the arrival of Joe Burrow.

Reply/Quote
(05-22-2023, 10:18 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That’s the big reason for me. I know a lot of the old heads will talk about guys that should be in before them because of age or whatever, but these two are an MVP QB that took his team to the Super Bowl, and a star WR that probably grew the fanbase outside of Cincy more than any other Bengals player until the arrival of Joe Burrow.

Case in point, and anecdotally, myself. I became a Bengals fan because of two reasons - the striped helmets and Chad Johnson. Joe Burrow is the only other player that has made me as excited to watch football as Chad did. He is my favorite athlete of all time. 
Reply/Quote
I'd go with Chad and Corey. Judging from comments I've seen on social media, I wouldn't be surprised if it's Chad and Boomer.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Chad and Trumpy

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2023, 10:18 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That’s the big reason for me. I know a lot of the old heads will talk about guys that should be in before them because of age or whatever, but these two are an MVP QB that took his team to the Super Bowl, and a star WR that probably grew the fanbase outside of Cincy more than any other Bengals player until the arrival of Joe Burrow.

This is also my rationale: Boomer was a league MVP and took us to the Super Bowl & Chad made it fun to be a Bengals fan again while also putting big time numbers. I also like that both currently hype up the Bengals. 
Reply/Quote
My heart says Chad and Boomer, 100%, with Dillon bringing up the rear.

But, "to make it fair for the old guys," if I did have a vote, it would be either Parrish or Montoya and Chad.

Chad is a must.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I am sure this will get interesting once everyone starts analyzing everything but the Ring of Honor to me exemplifies what it means to be a great Bengal during their career and many of these players became whiners and left and I can't put them in over those who spent their careers here and were Die-Hards. And I love many of those players that left especially Montoya and Parrish. But c'mon man, Krumrie and Reggie Williams left their heart and souls on that turf their entire careers. Breech was a great kicker and spent 14 years here. Trumpy spent 8 season and was one of the league's best tight end still holding a lot of Bengals records.

And we had Lapham but he did leave for Donald Trump's New Jersey Generals in the end.

So it's Krumrie and Williams for me. True Die Hard Bengals.
Reply/Quote
Boomer and Krumrie would be my picks but honestly, you can't go wrong with any of the greats that are nominated. It really is crazy how much talent this organization has had over the decades.
Reply/Quote