Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Riots at the Inauguration
https://www.yahoo.com/news/washington-braces-massive-protests-trump-becomes-u-president-062908490.html

Quote:Black-clad activists protesting U.S. President-elect Donald Trump's inauguration smashed store and car windows in Washington on Friday and fought with police in riot gear who responded with pepper spray and stun grenades.

About 500 people, some wearing masks and kerchiefs over their faces, marched through the city's downtown, breaking the windows of a Bank of America branch, a McDonald's outlet and a Starbucks shop, all symbols of the American capitalist system.

The crowd, which carried banners and at least one sign that read "Make Racists Afraid Again," largely dispersed after police responded in force.

I hope this is the extent of it; however, I am not optimistic. I just pray we make it through the day with no further acts of violence and the safety for all in attendence.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
I get so tired of the destruction and violence. The ***** dance party, that was good, harmless fun for the most part. There are ways to show your displeasure with what is going on, but it is much better to use that energy and passion productively. Protest today, march tomorrow, and then go home and work on behalf of the politics with which you agree. But when you destroy property, when you harm others, you damage yourself and your ideals.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(01-20-2017, 01:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: https://www.yahoo.com/news/washington-braces-massive-protests-trump-becomes-u-president-062908490.html

I hope this is the extent of it; however, I am not optimistic. I just pray we make it through the day with no further acts of violence and the safety for all in attendence.

That was the only disturbance that involved arrests that I heard of.  Unless there was a small one or two.

the police got there and took them back and down fairly quickly.  The reporter from NPR was near where it happened and reporting on it live.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(01-20-2017, 01:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: https://www.yahoo.com/news/washington-braces-massive-protests-trump-becomes-u-president-062908490.html

Classy liberals showing their true colors.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

(01-20-2017, 02:00 PM)McC Wrote: Classy liberals showing their true colors.  

Not like the Trump supporters threatened armed insurrection if their candidate lost, or anything. Honestly, we were going to face unrest no matter the outcome of the election. Let's not try to pretend either side has a monopoly on stupidity. Either side would have protested, we saw it with Bush, we saw it with Obama. And there are always idiots that go to far and both sides like to plant people that will do just that trying to make the other side look bad. This election season just saw the two most disliked candidates in our country's history, and that breeds more vitriol than usual.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(01-20-2017, 02:17 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Not like the Trump supporters threatened armed insurrection if their candidate lost, or anything. Honestly, we were going to face unrest no matter the outcome of the election. Let's not try to pretend either side has a monopoly on stupidity. Either side would have protested, we saw it with Bush, we saw it with Obama. And there are always idiots that go to far and both sides like to plant people that will do just that trying to make the other side look bad. This election season just saw the two most disliked candidates in our country's history, and that breeds more vitriol than usual.

I said today the difference between left and right is the right says they'll get violent but it doesn't have the guts too and the left says it won't and it does anyway.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(01-20-2017, 02:17 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Not like the Trump supporters threatened armed insurrection if their candidate lost, or anything. Honestly, we were going to face unrest no matter the outcome of the election. Let's not try to pretend either side has a monopoly on stupidity. Either side would have protested, we saw it with Bush, we saw it with Obama. And there are always idiots that go to far and both sides like to plant people that will do just that trying to make the other side look bad. This election season just saw the two most disliked candidates in our country's history, and that breeds more vitriol than usual.

Where there any examples of Trump supporters cause harm at any Clinton function(s) leading up to the election?

As to the liberals being liberals comment; I find it unfair. The pawns out there causing destruction only bare a portion of the blame. The true blame lies with every elected official that has spoke of devisiveness every sense the General Election; regardless if Right, Left, or (as folks around here tell themselves they are) Nuetral.

Sure.  Whatever.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

at least 90 arrests so far. some tear gas has been used. few vandalism instances.

Imo **** these protesters that want to disrupt the parade and events today. Protest peacefully, fine. But lock em up for a few weeks or months if they dont want to be peaceful about it. Just too many people nearby.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(01-20-2017, 04:10 PM)Millhouse Wrote: at least 90 arrests so far. some tear gas has been used. few vandalism instances.

Imo **** these protesters that want to disrupt the parade and events today. Protest peacefully, fine. But lock em up for a few weeks or months if they dont want to be peaceful about it. Just too many people nearby.

I agree and have great respect for the planned "women's march" tomorrow and will find any active protests against it to be just as troubling.

Yeah, I agree. These fools are out of line. And stupid.

Trump has hardly been President for just a few hours and really hasn't done anything yet.

These kneejerk reactions to "but he said..." or "but he tweeted..." type stuff that have been going on for the past few months are a bit foolish as well. Wait and see what the guy does before you complain, then you'll know if your complaints are legit.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Petulant children being idiots.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
(01-20-2017, 02:00 PM)McC Wrote: Classy liberals showing their true colors.  

(01-20-2017, 02:53 AM)McC Wrote: Don't let the door hit you where Allah split you.

You were saying?
How ironic. Two huge contributors to Hillary's campaign, Starbucks and BaA, have their property damaged by Hillary supporters who are rioting because Hillary lost.
What's a McDonald's outlet?
(01-20-2017, 08:46 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: What's a McDonald's outlet?

The part of your body the McRib ruins.
Whether it's the intent of those who pay people to riot or whether it's just a byproduct, my fear is this is the first step to seeing the right to peacefully assemble stripped. And, no, that's not a dig at Trump, the GOP, the Democrats, Obama, or any other divisive group of the last 20 years.
(01-21-2017, 02:36 AM)Benton Wrote: Whether it's the intent of those who pay people to riot or whether it's just a byproduct, my fear is this is the first step to seeing the right to peacefully assemble stripped. And, no, that's not a dig at Trump, the GOP, the Democrats, Obama, or any other divisive group of the last 20 years.

I don't disagree with you at all. None of our liberties are limitless, and things like this can be used to justify limits.

(01-21-2017, 02:36 AM)Benton Wrote: Whether it's the intent of those who pay people to riot or whether it's just a byproduct, my fear is this is the first step to seeing the right to peacefully assemble stripped. And, no, that's not a dig at Trump, the GOP, the Democrats, Obama, or any other divisive group of the last 20 years.
I don't know. It's not even like this is a new phenomenon. There were riots at the DNC in 1968. People did similar things during W. Bush's inauguration in 2001. We are just at the point now where either side blames whatever in the other side. "Obama is the founder of ISIS", "racist, Bible thumping conservative", "classy liberal" protesters, the constant bilgerant hyperbole... It seems to me that those black clad rioters are anarchists... You know... The type that protest at the G However Many summits. The toxicity of this leads to the absolute and crippling gridlock of our government.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
These are people who don't have a message usually they just cause trouble and stir the pot. Actual protestors usually have signs and a message written on a shirt or something. Criminals show up in all black hoping not to be identified.