Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Riots at the Inauguration
(01-22-2017, 09:28 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Seriously though. If all of these injustices against women are happening, why didn't they march during the King's 8 year reign. Why didn't he fix them? Trump's been president for 7 minutes? Better march!!!
Yea man. Super solid point. Pat yourself on the back. Some damn fine critical thinking skills you have. 

All those years Obama was fighting to defunding planned parenthood. That time he said women should be punished for having abortions. All those alleged sexual assaults. His grab em by the ***** comments. His vow to overturn Rowe V Wade. 

He and Trump are are basically the same when it comes to womens issues. Makes no sense they would protest one and not the other.
(01-22-2017, 10:07 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Yea man. Super solid point. Pat yourself on the back. Some damn fine critical thinking skills you have. 

All those years Obama was fighting to defunding planned parenthood. That time he said women should be punished for having abortions. All those alleged sexual assaults. His grab em by the ***** comments. His vow to overturn Rowe V Wade. 

He and Trump are are basically the same when it comes to womens issues. Makes no sense they would protest one and not the other.

If it were all about abortion you'd have a super damn fine critical thinking point. Listen to Ashley Judd's spasm.

And why did they leave all their super critically thought out signs all over the place for commoners to clean up? Don't they respect Mother Earth?That's littering, by god.
(01-22-2017, 10:32 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: If it were all about abortion you'd have a super damn fine critical thinking point. Listen to Ashley Judd's spasm.

And why did they leave all their super critically thought out signs all over the place for commoners to clean up? Don't they respect Mother Earth?That's littering, by god.

No place to put them. The anarchists burnt up all the garbage cans. 

Or we could go with alternative facts and say it wasnt littering they were just returning the paper to mother earth were it belongs.
(01-22-2017, 10:44 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: No place to put them. The anarchists burnt up all the garbage cans. 

Or we could go with alternative facts and say it wasnt littering they were just returning the paper to mother earth were it belongs.

Haha what a world. "The anarchists burnt up all the trash cans" is one of the funniest things I've read.
(01-22-2017, 10:47 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Haha what a world. "The anarchists burnt up all the trash cans" is one of the funniest things I've read.

It was supposed to be a joke.
(01-22-2017, 10:54 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: It was supposed to be a joke.

Which is why I laughed. Sheesh.
(01-22-2017, 09:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: O nose!!!! Misused a word and stripped it of it's meaning. If ewe want to be the knew grammar police, instead of looking at the point of a post, you Mae want two no that its hate speech not hate speach.

REP.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
As someone who dislikes Trump intensely, I have to say that the riots, and even to some degree the protests have me a bit unnerved. No amount of protest will remove him from office. Kicking and screaming will not move his supporters one inch from where they stand behind him. This is absolutely the wrong path IMO. It plays directly into the narrative of him and his supporters when his detractors overreact.

Removing Trump should be a process of hard work and cold calculation. Too many young people and even adults have little understanding of how government really works. The focus should be on regaining state and local offices and power to limit the ability of the executive branch to push an agenda. It's hard work, and it not instant gratification, but that's how change happens.

Also, I'm a bit tired of the instant reaction to his tweets and actions. If people sound the alarm every single time he gets diarrhea of the mouth, then it loses it's potency and effectiveness. Let him have the rope to hang himself. Let him gut everything. Let him do everything he says he'll do that sounds awful. He tweets because he loves the reaction. Stop giving it to him for ****'s sake. Goes for the media, too. Just stop even talking about what he says on social media. He'd die inside.

Just wait and let the process play out. The public is fickle and the pendulum always swings the other way.
(01-23-2017, 01:57 AM)samhain Wrote: As someone who dislikes Trump intensely, I have to say that the riots, and even to some degree the protests have me a bit unnerved.  No amount of protest will remove him from office.  Kicking and screaming will not move his supporters one inch from where they stand behind him.  This is absolutely the wrong path IMO.  It plays directly into the narrative of him and his supporters when his detractors overreact.

Removing Trump should be a process of hard work and cold calculation.  Too many young people and even adults have little understanding of how government really works.  The focus should be on regaining state and local offices and power to limit the ability of the executive branch to push an agenda.  It's hard work, and it not instant gratification, but that's how change happens.  

Also, I'm a bit tired of the instant reaction to his tweets and actions.  If people sound the alarm every single time he gets diarrhea of the mouth, then it loses it's potency and effectiveness.  Let him have the rope to hang himself. Let him gut everything.  Let him do everything he says he'll do that sounds awful.  He tweets because he loves the reaction.  Stop giving it to him for ****'s sake.  Goes for the media, too.  Just stop even talking about what he says on social media.  He'd die inside.

Just wait and let the process play out.  The public is fickle and the pendulum always swings the other way.

I only disagree that peaceful protests show a unity.

Even in the 60's there was media trying to portray protesters as rabble just stirring things up.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(01-22-2017, 01:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: People say stuff all the time. There is not, nor has there been, any organized violence from Trump supporters, we cannot say the same for those that oppose him. To suggest Trump supporters would have formed an armed insertion if Hills would have won is nothing but an assumption or a case of naive folks taking a loud mouth supporter at his word. As for me; I will not assume there would have been an coup if Hills would have won. Given that shouldn't stop you, Matt, and others suggesting there would have been. They had plenty opportunity to cause violence at Clinton functions throughout the election cycle and did not. I cannot say the same for the anti-Trump open-minded folks.  

It just speaks to one's mentality when he or she says "They would have been violent too". And then suggest they are not trying to mitigate what happened.

i think we all know that the violence was caused by project veritas, especially since there is that video of him trying to get people to riot at the inauguration to paint anti trump people as violent
People suck
(01-23-2017, 08:31 AM)GMDino Wrote: I only disagree that peaceful protests show a unity.

Even in the 60's there was media trying to portray protesters as rabble just stirring things up.

I'm not saying that protesting is bad or wrong or that people shouldn't participate if they feel inclined to do so.  I'm just expressing my reservations about them as to what they will yield when the real opportunity to make meaningful change comes up in 2018.  Are these people learning about the process?  Will they vote at midterms and educate themselves about their local political candidates/issues?  Maybe they will.  Maybe they've had an awakening after Trump's victory.  Guess I'm a bit jaded about those prospects to be honest.

Politics isn't just about presidential elections and national headlines.  A big part of republican dominance right now is their recent effectiveness and organization at lower levels of government.  It's time for the opposition to take note, organize, and hold Democratic lawmakers accountable as the TEA movement did with the Republicans. Republican establishment candidates feared the TEA partiers because they threatened them at the polls and replaced them if they didn't get in line with their vision. They used the election of a president that was polarizing in middle America and the South to move their agenda forward. Now there's another polarizing president in place. It's time for the left to do the same. 
(01-23-2017, 01:57 AM)samhain Wrote: As someone who dislikes Trump intensely, I have to say that the riots, and even to some degree the protests have me a bit unnerved.  No amount of protest will remove him from office.  Kicking and screaming will not move his supporters one inch from where they stand behind him.  This is absolutely the wrong path IMO.  It plays directly into the narrative of him and his supporters when his detractors overreact.

Removing Trump should be a process of hard work and cold calculation.  Too many young people and even adults have little understanding of how government really works.  The focus should be on regaining state and local offices and power to limit the ability of the executive branch to push an agenda.  It's hard work, and it not instant gratification, but that's how change happens.  

Also, I'm a bit tired of the instant reaction to his tweets and actions.  If people sound the alarm every single time he gets diarrhea of the mouth, then it loses it's potency and effectiveness.  Let him have the rope to hang himself. Let him gut everything.  Let him do everything he says he'll do that sounds awful.  He tweets because he loves the reaction.  Stop giving it to him for ****'s sake.  Goes for the media, too.  Just stop even talking about what he says on social media.  He'd die inside.

Just wait and let the process play out.  The public is fickle and the pendulum always swings the other way.

I have read that these actions are making it harder for the liberals to unseat the conservatives; as they are going further away from the middle ground.

Matter of Fact the women's march that was to be inclusive of All Women, was not:
http://dailycaller.com/2017/01/16/pro-life-women-banned-from-inclusive-womens-march/

Organizers of the anti-Trump “Women’s March on Washington” have dissolved its partnership with a pro-life feminist group following an online outcry from pro-choice activists.

Organizers had advertised the event — which is expected to draw more than 100,000 attendees — as “inclusive,” but are now saying that inclusion doesn’t extend to women who don’t support abortion.

New Wave Feminists, a pro-life feminist organization, had been listed as a partner for the march, but organizers are now saying that was an “error.”
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(01-23-2017, 11:30 AM)samhain Wrote: I'm not saying that protesting is bad or wrong or that people shouldn't participate if they feel inclined to do so.  I'm just expressing my reservations about them as to what they will yield when the real opportunity to make meaningful change comes up in 2018.  Are these people learning about the process?  Will they vote at midterms and educate themselves about their local political candidates/issues?  Maybe they will.  Maybe they've had an awakening after Trump's victory.  Guess I'm a bit jaded about those prospects to be honest.

Politics isn't just about presidential elections and national headlines.  A big part of republican dominance right now is their recent effectiveness and organization at lower levels of government.  It's time for the opposition to take note, organize, and hold Democratic lawmakers accountable as the TEA movement did with the Republicans. Republican establishment candidates feared the TEA partiers because they threatened them at the polls and replaced them if they didn't get in line with their vision.  They used the election of a president that was polarizing in middle America and the South to move their agenda forward.  Now there's another polarizing president in place.  It's time for the left to do the same. 

Along with voter suppression. 
https://www.yahoo.com/news/latest-crane-protesters-calling-trump-resistance-143723410.html

Those kooky protestors are now attaching themselves to a crane. They must be taken seriously now!!

(01-22-2017, 10:07 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Yea man. Super solid point. Pat yourself on the back. Some damn fine critical thinking skills you have. 

[Image: 16387004_10154391760187297_2647153888008...e=591B4519]

(01-27-2017, 12:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: [Image: 16387004_10154391760187297_2647153888008...e=591B4519]

Saw this one on Facebook too.

I wonder if people understand the difference between a woman using her own body and someone else using it?

Like between prostitute and someone being pimped out.

Probably not.
(01-27-2017, 12:24 PM)GMDino Wrote: Saw this one on Facebook too.

I wonder if people understand the difference between a woman using her own body and someone else using it?

Like between prostitute and someone being pimped out.

Probably not.

Hell I'll bet there are those that don't even know the definition of hypocrisy.

I know there was a rash of folks that didn't know the difference between guy talk and sexual assault.

(01-27-2017, 04:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hell I'll bet there are those that don't even know the definition of hypocrisy.

I know there was a rash of folks that didn't know the difference between guy talk and sexual assault.

Hell there were people who defended a guy running for POTUS who said he likes to grab women by the ***** and kiss them without asking.

All kinds of people out there I guess.
(01-27-2017, 05:01 PM)GMDino Wrote: Hell there were people who defended a guy running for POTUS who said he likes to grab women by the ***** and kiss them without asking.

All kinds of people out there I guess.

I was unaware Trump was running for POTUS when he made such comments. I too enjoy grabbing a VJ from time to time and I have kissed a girl or two without asking first.

(01-27-2017, 12:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: [Image: 16387004_10154391760187297_2647153888008...e=591B4519]

So because of that Obama = Trump? Im not following the logic.

Interesting. What if I put it this way? The extreme outliers represent the foundation of the movement. So I bet you and the other Trumpets that are still talking about Madonna have been getting all over Trump for the hate groups fighting for him right?