Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rise up losers.. Your day is never coming!
I just spend a few moments reading from an incel group's website where apparently these guys are proud to never be able to get laid, keep decent paying jobs, become accepted into society and generally hate all women just because their shitty outlooks on life keep them from finding life partners other than each other, other extreme losers..  It simply boggles the mind these guys seem to believe that by hating pretty much everyone they'll somehow take over the world.. Since when did becoming a mass shooter to snuff out innocent lives seem like a path to success to anyone?
Oddly enough had these groups existed a little over 40 years ago I might have actually joined them. I remember feeling similar to them at one point and boy howdy am I ever glad I was able to pull out of that mindset.
So...Rise up total losers! Your day is never ever coming.. Thankfully.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Well, where's frustration, there's hate. That doesn't go away. And hating others appears to be a reaction to avoid hating oneself.

That sure is zero endorsement and zero sympathy. They need to man up, stop being wussses and properly hate themselves, the only really guilty part in all that, and leave others alone. Sure not hating at all would be better, but that's probably just not possible.
Reply/Quote
My thought is that this incel movement arises from the culture prevalent today of not allowing children to experience loss or failure. The whole participation trophy ideal. It has been responsible for the increase in entitlement mentality, which is having profound social effects. When a child never experiences loss or failure, parents think they are protecting the child from pain. Well that denial of short term pain is also denying the child the chance to develop coping mechanisms as well as problem solving and conflict resolution skills. They never learn how to handle denial, failure or loss.

Perseverance and grit are lost today. The whole "pick yourself up after getting knocked down" is replaced by "stay down and cry until someone else fixes it for you". And "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger" is replaced with "you should never have to feel this way". The result is things like people losing their shit on airplanes, people never really developing true friendships....they only stay friends as long as its convenient and do not solve conflicts that arise from disagreements...and the incel movement.
Reply/Quote
While I agree with most of what you said Beaker I've never bought into the nonsense of what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.. Lots of things probably won't kill you, but don't necessarily make you stronger either.. Get your legs run over by a train for example..eat a nearly fatal dose of poison...They don't necessarily make you stronger.. Hello..spinal cord injuries anyone?  
But yeah..let those kids have their scuffles, fights and let em play with a stick in the mud.. it won't hurt em.. My dad used to make us go outside to "get the stink blown off us"..
I'm pretty sure my wifes grandsons are made of fine glass.. To my knowledge they've never had to experience disappointment other than both parents being functional drunks..The oldest just graduated and still has no desire to move out on his own or even learn to drive a car..
I can't even imagine being his age with so few desires to experience the world around him.. Come to think about it I doubt either one has ever experienced a sunburn ..They might think they've caught on fire and are going to die from just a mild sunburn..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote