Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Riser
So sad,
Thought I found a mid to late round gem a couple months back.
Only to see that now he's being mocked as a late 1st rounder to NO.

Way to go Dallas Goedert TE from South Dakota State!!

I'd still love to see him fall to us in the 2nd. Not sure if we'd take him, but he'd be a nice Eifert replacement.

Anyone else have a player that they were keeping an eye on and now their draft stock is vastly improved?

Or the opposite? Where they were a high round pick, but now they've fallen quite a bit.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Not really a sleeper per se, but Isaiah Wynn. I was hoping that the Bengals could get him in the 3rd, but after that Senior Bowl week, seems like they'd be lucky to land him in the 2nd.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2018, 07:44 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: So sad,
Thought I found a mid to late round gem a couple months back.
Only to see that now he's being mocked as a late 1st rounder to NO.

Way to go Dallas Goedert TE from South Dakota State!!

I'd still love to see him fall to us in the 2nd. Not sure if we'd take him, but he'd be a nice Eifert replacement.

Anyone else have a player that they were keeping an eye on and now their draft stock is vastly improved?

Or the opposite? Where they were a high round pick, but now they've fallen quite a bit.

He's been on Mel Kiper's top 25 for most of the season.

I actually went to SDSU, so I've been following him for some time.  He's a good kid and would be a great fit in Cincy.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2018, 07:44 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Or the opposite? Where they were a high round pick, but now they've fallen quite a bit.

Harold Landry and Arden Key, as Edge players, are great talents that had off years.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2018, 12:24 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: He's been on Mel Kiper's top 25 for most of the season.

I actually went to SDSU, so I've been following him for some time.  He's a good kid and would be a great fit in Cincy.

Colin Cochart was from SDSU, correct?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Cappa was mine, but he's getting some major love.

A mid-rounder I really like is Godwin Igwebuike, safety from Northwestern.

Solid defender who's always around the ball to make plays. He's a tackling machine and runs with defenders. I think his stock could rise
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
My under the radar prospect is a small school DB I had in my first (and only so far) mock draft Siran Neal.

Neal has played 3 different positions at Jacksonville State. (S LB CB). He is an aggressive in the box player that can matchup against WRs and TEs. Neal has decent length, athleticism, and ball skills. He has good patience waiting on routes but is also aggressive rerouting receivers with excellent hands. At the Senior Bowl he was one of the better matchups against James Washington.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I think LB Darius Leonard will be a riser. Cody O'Connell at G from WSU. Jeremy Reaves from South Alabama as well.

Micah Kiser has been falling. I liked him early on
Tyrone Crowder has dropped badly.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2018, 11:18 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Colin Cochart was from SDSU, correct?

Yep.

Also:

Adam Vinatieri (lived next door to me in the dorms freshman and sophomore year)  One of the best people you will ever meet.
Adam Timmerman
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2018, 07:57 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Not really a sleeper per se, but Isaiah Wynn.  I was hoping that the Bengals could get him in the 3rd, but after that Senior Bowl week, seems like they'd be lucky to land him in the 2nd.

I am a UGA diehard and I am still trying to figure out how the Bengals will be able to get Roquan Smith and Isiah Wynn.
Reply/Quote
How about the other way? I was super high on Smith, but he's WAY down my list now.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2018, 09:53 PM)RagnarLothbrok Wrote: I am a UGA diehard and I am still trying to figure out how the Bengals will be able to get Roquan Smith and Isiah Wynn.

I think I saw on the Walters draft site, they had us getting Wynn in the 2nd. So hypothetically we could get Smith and Wynn I suppose. I don't see Wynn slipping to the 2nd honestly.
Reply/Quote
Kolton Miller from UCLA will be a top 5 pick come April. Taven Bryan from Florida will also. Two guys that will rise Bruce Hector from USF and Kentavius Street from NC State. Both will get Geno Atkins or Aaron Donald comparisons.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2018, 09:53 PM)RagnarLothbrok Wrote: I am a UGA diehard and I am still trying to figure out how the Bengals will be able to get Roquan Smith and Isiah Wynn.

Don't know where Smith will end up going, but Wynn will go in the bottom of the 1st round.  The only way we get Wynn is if we trade down.

It would be worth it.

To get both Smith would have to drop and we'd have to find a way to trade down with Buffalo for their two 1st rounders - which would never happen.

But like you my mouth waters at the idea of having both.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 03:11 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Kolton Miller from UCLA will be a top 5 pick come April. Taven Bryan from Florida will also. Two guys that will rise Bruce Hector from USF and Kentavius Street from NC State. Both will get Geno Atkins or Aaron Donald comparisons.

They will not be top 5. At all. Miller most over hyped prospect in the draft but regardless who they knocking out of the top 5? Not Rosen. Not Chubb. Not Barkley. Not fitzpatrick not darnold.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2018, 02:41 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Cappa was mine, but he's getting some major love.

A mid-rounder I really like is Godwin Igwebuike, safety from Northwestern.

Solid defender who's always around the ball to make plays. He's a tackling machine and runs with defenders. I think his stock could rise

I had Igwebuike in some of my early mocks in Round 5. People gave me crap because they thought it was too late to take a safety.
However, he is a well-rounded safety and safeties also always fall in the draft.
I like him on Day 3 if the Bengals don't take a safety earlier.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 09:42 AM)Jpoore Wrote: How about the other way? I was super high on Smith, but he's WAY down my list now.

Smith as in Roquan Smith? If so, what has he done recently that made him fall for you?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I think we should look at:
Corey Bojorquez P New Mexico Lobos.
Spend a 7th on him. Or UDFA if we want to take that chance.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2018, 02:57 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I had Igwebuike in some of my early mocks in Round 5. People gave me crap because they thought it was too late to take a safety.
However, he is a well-rounded safety and safeties also always fall in the draft.
I like him on Day 3 if the Bengals don't take a safety earlier.

He definitely is. Would be a really big fan of him if the Bengals draft him.
We do have a need at safety, but getting Igwebuike late would be a huge win.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2018, 02:58 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Smith as in Roquan Smith? If so, what has he done recently that made him fall for you?

Roquan as far as for our team and in general. If even a te blocks him he goes  way around the block getting way out of position. And if he gets blocked it's game over. A few games I noticed only a couple plays like that but more and more tape I watch it's more frequent. And burfict can't play the mike. So for our team I would hate the pick.
Reply/Quote