Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Risner or Ford?
If they are both there do you take Risner or Ford???

Either would be great...

I think I lean Ford.
Reply/Quote
If the plan is to play one at guard give me Ford, if it's tackle give me Risner. I don't necessarily want either.
Reply/Quote
Between them, I'd take Ford if available. But we have other needs and I don't think double dipping on oline is a good idea unless we find a way to fill our other needs outside of the draft.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 11:28 AM)The Stars In Stripes Wrote: If they are both there do you take Risner or Ford???

Either would be great...

I think I lean Ford.

Defense
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 12:02 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Between them, I'd take Ford if available. But we have other needs and I don't think double dipping on oline is a good idea unless we find a way to fill our other needs outside of the draft.

I still think we have to stick to our board.  Cordy Glenn is injury prone and we also have to remember that Boling is in a contract year and had declined a bit the last couple of years.  In fact, Miller is the only G we have under contract for next year.  That's not to say we should absolutely go OL, but I don't think you can throw it out because of the Williams pick.

Wilson fills the biggest immediate need, but he's nowhere close to the top of the board.  Irv Smith would be a great pick, imo.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
As far as I'm concerned they could draft either of them in the 2nd and max sharping in the 3rd. Whatever it takes to send Hart Packing

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 11:28 AM)The Stars In Stripes Wrote: If they are both there do you take Risner or Ford???

Either would be great...

I think I lean Ford.

Either if they’re available.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 12:44 PM)Okeana Wrote: As far as I'm concerned they could draft either of them in the 2nd and max sharping in the 3rd.  Whatever it takes to send Hart Packing

Hart wont be going anyone this season.... Next season basically no dead money to cut him.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 11:28 AM)The Stars In Stripes Wrote: If they are both there do you take Risner or Ford???

Either would be great...

I think I lean Ford.

Either would be fine with me,however I do believe they are going either D-line or linebacker,I hope.I would get my linebacker in the third and get a dominate defensive lineman in the second.They will be going by the third,at least the very good ones.I would get me a wide receiver in the fifth and for the sixth round go corner
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 12:44 PM)Okeana Wrote: As far as I'm concerned they could draft either of them in the 2nd and max sharping in the 3rd. Whatever it takes to send Hart Packing

I also like Sharping, but he likely won’t last until the 3rd.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 11:28 AM)The Stars In Stripes Wrote: If they are both there do you take Risner or Ford???

Either would be great...

I think I lean Ford.

I think Ford fits us more cause he is a mauling Guard type.

Risner is more versatile but i think Ford fits more of our new O-line coaches style.

I am with you, i take Ford.
Reply/Quote
Either is fine. No LB really worthy of 42. Can still pick up good ones in 3 and 4.
Reply/Quote
I would go Risner due to his ability to also play C just in case Price doesn't pan out, but both Risner and Ford are good to me.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 05:58 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I would go Risner due to his ability to also play C just in case Price doesn't pan out, but both Risner and Ford are good to me.

Good point about Risner's ability to play Center.

This one is hard. Like both of these guys a lot.
Reply/Quote
If you thought taking 2 offensive lineman was a good move in 2015 then there is no reason you should change your mind now. Risner.

I think I might lean to Elgton Jenkins and get a center.
Reply/Quote
Ford for me but would be happy either way.

But Ford is the exact player I hope we get.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 06:47 PM)yang Wrote: If you thought taking 2 offensive lineman was a good move in 2015 then there is no reason you should change your mind now. Risner.

I think I might lean to Elgton Jenkins and get a center.

Really like Elgton Jenkins myself, so damn versatile, can play all the positions.

Not many Lineman you can say that about. That is what makes Boling so valuable.

Jonah can play both Tackle spots as well, great to have.

(04-26-2019, 06:52 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Ford for me but would be happy either way.

But Ford is the exact player I hope we get.

Yeah i want to see us become the bullies of the AFC, Ford is the type of player to get us there.
Reply/Quote
Ford is nasty. Risner is more versatile and technically sound.
I pick nasty.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 01:12 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Hart wont be going anyone this season.... Next season basically no dead money to cut him.

It'd be 2 Mil in dead cap if they cut him in the off-season following this year. Not a ton of money, but still 2 Mil is 2 Mil.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/bobby-hart-16952/

As for Ford or Risner? They're close so I'd go Ford since he's younger. 
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 07:00 PM)Ravage Wrote: It'd be 2 Mil in dead cap if they cut him in the off-season following this year. Not a ton of money, but still 2 Mil is 2 Mil.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/bobby-hart-16952/

As for Ford or Risner? They're close so I'd go Ford since he's younger. 

We just sat there and let them go ahead of us while we sit on 20 picks, and then trade back for more of those 6th round picks that produce so many pro bowlers. Geeze, tierd of seeing the player I want go right in front of us every year. Line would have been set for years with Ford or Risner.
Reply/Quote