Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rivers to Floyd TD..was that..
Haven't seen a replay on the Rivers to Floyd TD..was that blown coverage or did Dre just get beat or was the safety supposed to be over the top?

Not trying to stir the pot, just didn't know what happened?
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 09:54 AM)corpjet Wrote: Haven't seen a replay on the Rivers to Floyd TD..was that blown coverage or did Dre just get beat or was the safety supposed to be over the top?

On TV, it looked like Dre let him go by thinking he had coverage over the top.  Of course we will never know if he screwed up or the safety in this case unless one of them admitted to it publicly.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 09:54 AM)corpjet Wrote: Haven't seen a replay on the Rivers to Floyd TD..was that blown coverage or did Dre just get beat or was the safety supposed to be over the top?

Dre K said it was communication.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Charges-at-Bengals-Postgame-Quotes/99d2e63d-f240-4d8f-8bdf-15d8c93c399e
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Go on NFL.com and click on highlights, they usually put videos of touchdowns and big plays on there.
Reply/Quote
Considering how well he played all game, trailed WRs stride for stride all day, I think he was expecting help over the top. If you watch it back you'll notice he lets Floyd by him whilst watching the QB the whole time, he wasn't playing it like he had sole coverage responsibility.

Reply/Quote
I listened to the game on the radio and Lapham said that Kirkpatrick must have been expecting safety help cause after the play, he and Nelson were looking at each other. Nelson apparently was no where near the play.

It will get sorted out. It was one of the few mistakes by the defense all game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 10:06 AM)BengalChris Wrote: I listened to the game on the radio and Lapham said that Kirkpatrick must have been expecting safety help cause after the play, he and Nelson were looking at each other. Nelson apparently was no where near the play.

It will get sorted out. It was one of the few mistakes by the defense all game.

Now all we need to do is figure out how to make our LBs tackle RBs.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 10:20 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Now all we need to do is figure out how to make our LBs tackle RBs.

Gordon looks pretty damn good.  And Woodhead is a nightmare to get on the ground.  WTS, yeah, gotta tackle much better.  This is where we miss VB the most.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
The TD wasn't on Kirkpatrick at all. The safety is never supposed to let anyone get behind him
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 10:39 AM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: The TD wasn't on Kirkpatrick at all. The safety is never supposed to let anyone get behind him

Well that is technically not true. In a cover 2 situation this would be true, but if it was a cover 1 or cover 0 it wouldn't be. It wouldn't be true in a cover 3 situation either because Dre would be in charge of the deep third on the outside with Reggie or George in the middle. From watching the video it looked like man cover 2 from how everyone else reacted, but it looks like either Nelson was just late getting over, or Rivers held him in the center of the field with his eyes.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 10:20 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Now all we need to do is figure out how to make our LBs tackle RBs.

LB's especially without Burfict is our weak link of the Defense chain.. but if you are going to have a weak link... Lb's are the best area to weak over DB's or Defense line.. 
Reply/Quote

I think it's clear Dre didn"t just get burned. He thought he had safety help. Whether he misunderstood what play was called or the safety did is something we probably won't ever know.
Reply/Quote
He was def playing the flat in zone at first.

Miscommunication.... its week 2 it happens. They made up for it.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 09:56 AM)McC Wrote: Dre K said it was communication.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Charges-at-Bengals-Postgame-Quotes/99d2e63d-f240-4d8f-8bdf-15d8c93c399e

I do believe Marvin stated the same thing
Reply/Quote