Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Robbie Gould
Just got released by the Bears. 4.4% more accurate than Nugent overall, most of which comes from 50+, where he is career 74.2% (vs Nugent's 44.0%).

Make it happen!

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Yes please can we have Gould marvin we will be good fans I promise
Reply/Quote
Do it yesterday.
Reply/Quote
I think even the biggest homers could admit that Gould would be a clear upgrade.

The Bengals should jump on this.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2016, 01:44 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I think even the biggest homers could admit that Gould would be a clear upgrade.

The Bengals should jump on this.

Should, but won't Sad
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2016, 11:06 AM)milksheikh Wrote: Should, but won't Sad

You're probably right. Dumping Tate gave me hope, but I think Huge is safe at least one more year. Unfortunately, I also have a feeling Nuge is really going to hurt us multiple times this year.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
It's a no-brainer...

Bring. In. Gould.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2016, 11:16 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: You're probably right. Dumping Tate gave me hope, but I think Huge is safe at least one more year. Unfortunately, I also have a feeling Nuge is really going to hurt us multiple times this year.

I'd say kicker very well may be the position we are most conservative about as a team. I can understand not wanting to get a new kicker acquainted one week before our first game. Whatever the coaches decide to do in this regard I'll respect because there are good arguments for both sides of the coin.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2016, 12:08 PM)treee Wrote: I'd say kicker very well may be the position we are most conservative about as a team. I can understand not wanting to get a new kicker acquainted one week before our first game. Whatever the coaches decide to do in this regard I'll respect because there are good arguments for both sides of the coin.

Idk. I'd say if there's any position where a guy can jump right in, it's kicker. They're not learning any playbooks, and it's not like certain teams snap and hold differently. You see the ball, you kick the ball. That's pretty much it. Especially with an experienced pro like Gould, I don't foresee any problems with whatever team he joins.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2016, 01:07 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Idk. I'd say if there's any position where a guy can jump right in, it's kicker. They're not learning any playbooks, and it's not like certain teams snap and hold differently. You see the ball, you kick the ball. That's pretty much it. Especially with an experienced pro like Gould, I don't foresee any problems with whatever team he joins.

I would suspect that they do, intentional or not. However, that said, I personally would not be against upgrading a kicker at this point because there are no other game planning tactics to be overcome as you said. I guess what I should have stated in my previous post is that I would understand the logical thought process of the team if they decided not to. I certainly do agree in this instance that the improvements in play would outweigh the negative aspect of getting acquainted with the nuances of the holder and snapper.
Reply/Quote
Information 
Cody Parkey (2014 pro bowler, 24yrs old, holds rookie record for points in a season) was just released by the Philadelphia eagles as well............
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2016, 04:24 PM)PacMan Fever Wrote: Cody Parkey (2014 pro bowler, 24yrs old, holds rookie record for points in a season) was just released by the Philadelphia eagles as well............

I'd be happy with him, too. That'd be a legit add.

Reply/Quote
Barring injury, they won't replace Nugent. Nothing to do but just accept that fact.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Something is just "off" about the Bears releasing Gould, and pretty much immediately signing Barth. I did some looking. Gould is the 9th most accurate kicker in NFL history, is the Chicago Bears all time leading scorer. He missed 2 PATs this preseason. Seems like pretty harsh treatment, for a player of Gould's accolades. I'm wondering, what gives? I mean, is 34 the magic number where prolific NFL kickers suddenly fall off of the proverbial cliff?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2016, 07:38 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Something is just "off" about the Bears releasing Gould, and pretty much immediately signing Barth.  I did some looking.  Gould is the 9th most accurate kicker in NFL history, is the Chicago Bears all time leading scorer.  He missed 2 PATs this preseason.  Seems like pretty harsh treatment, for a player of Gould's accolades.  I'm wondering, what gives?  I mean, is 34 the magic number where prolific NFL kickers suddenly fall off of the proverbial cliff?

They needed money to sign Josh Sitton. Gould was scheduled to make 2.9 million while Barth was just signed for around minimum.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2016, 07:57 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: They needed money to sign Josh Sitton. Gould was scheduled to make 2.9 million while Barth was just signed for around minimum.

Hmm, wonder if Gould would sign for around 1.5M?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2016, 08:02 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hmm, wonder if Gould would sign for around 1.5M?

Heck, I'll go pick him up from the NKY airport if need be. And I live in Michigan.
Reply/Quote
I would like it. I think he would be a nice upgrade over Nuge. I just don't think we will. The Bengals just like keeping some players way too long.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2016, 07:05 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Barring injury, they won't replace Nugent.  Nothing to do but just accept that fact.

...or find out what Shane Stant is up to these days.   Ninja

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2016, 07:38 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Something is just "off" about the Bears releasing Gould, and pretty much immediately signing Barth.  I did some looking.  Gould is the 9th most accurate kicker in NFL history, is the Chicago Bears all time leading scorer.  He missed 2 PATs this preseason.  Seems like pretty harsh treatment, for a player of Gould's accolades.  I'm wondering, what gives?  I mean, is 34 the magic number where prolific NFL kickers suddenly fall off of the proverbial cliff?

I found this from today's Chicago Tribune : "Gould had a rough patch last season after starting on a tear by making his first 15 field-goal attempts. Gould missed a 36-yarder wide left as regulation time expired in a 26-20 overtime loss to the 49ers at Soldier Field on Dec. 20. A week later, his 50-yard try with 1 minute, 40 seconds remaining was wide right in a 24-21 loss to the Redskins, also at home.

Gould finished the season right near his career average by making 84.6 percent of his field goals, but he did miss six of his final 24."
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/ct-bears-to-release-robbie-gould-20160904-story.html
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote