Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Robby Anderson
(03-21-2020, 03:16 PM)McC Wrote: Yes.  The fact that he is a good player and it's not like there are enough good receivers to go around would certainly seem to say this.  Hell, the Jets don't have enough wideouts themselves.  Why aren't they bringing him back? 

If the Bengals made the call on Hopkins, they obviously feel a need, so definitely make the call on Anderson.

I think the Jets are moving on cause Robby Anderson sorta has an attitude, and I think he's had scrapes with the law too... Adam Gase is also a horrible coach, and evaluator of talent too.... So there's that.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2020, 09:03 PM)jason Wrote: I think the Jets are moving on cause Robby Anderson sorta has an attitude, and I think he's had scrapes with the law too... Adam Gase is also a horrible coach, and evaluator of talent too.... So there's that.

Plus Gase has ass eyes.... Say What
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2020, 09:10 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Plus Gase has ass eyes.... Say What

Yep.  LOL.  Who could look at those eyes six, seven days a week?  Plus he's one of those dumbasses who thinks he's a genius,
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2020, 11:39 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What are you even talking about?  Erickson had his best year, last year.  Sure, he got more snaps due to AJ not being on the field, but the man provided 78 touches last season. (including returns)  He more than covers his $1.87M cap cost.  Not every player is going to be a superstar, and Erickson is a damn fine role player, supporting cast member of the team.

It could also be argued that Wilson got his shot at return man, because Erickson was needed more on offensive sets.

http://www.nfl.com/player/alexerickson/2556519/careerstats

This.  Erickson is one of those "nuts and bots" guys that provides quality depth at minimal expense.  He is not going to wow anyone, but is a very solid guy that helps in a number of ways.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2020, 03:16 PM)McC Wrote: Yes.  The fact that he is a good player and it's not like there are enough good receivers to go around would certainly seem to say this.  Hell, the Jets don't have enough wideouts themselves.  Why aren't they bringing him back? 

If the Bengals made the call on Hopkins, they obviously feel a need, so definitely make the call on Anderson.

Anderson looks like an injury waiting to happen....so damn skinny.  Did pretty well for the Jets, but far from the guy I want to replace AJ Green long term.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2020, 09:41 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Anderson looks like an injury waiting to happen....so damn skinny.  Did pretty well for the Jets, but far from the guy I want to replace AJ Green long term.  

That's true.  But you gotta think his price goes down a little more each day.  And I doubt anyone would ever think he'd be the replacement for AJ.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2020, 09:03 PM)jason Wrote: I think the Jets are moving on cause Robby Anderson sorta has an attitude, and I think he's had scrapes with the law too... Adam Gase is also a horrible coach, and evaluator of talent too.... So there's that.

That is what I have read also, kind of a problem child. 
Reply/Quote
Panthers used some of their Cam money to sign him, 2yr/20M total.

https://sportsnaut.com/2020/03/report-panthers-sign-former-jets-star-wr-robby-anderson/
Reply/Quote