Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Robert De Niro Movie "Wise Guys" To Film In Cincinnati!
Robert De Niro's new film about a mob war is being filmed in Cincinnati!

I know there were mob ties in Northern Kentucky but didn't know about Cincinnati (if that played a role in it).

As a big fan of The Godfather movies, I'm PUMPED!

Quote:CINCINNATI (WXIX) -A new Robert De Niro film will be shot in Cincinnati, according to a casting call that went out Friday.

This is the first confirmation that “Wise Guys,” directed by Barry Levinson (“Wag the Dog” and “Rain Man”), will be filmed in the Queen City.

Variety reports that De Niro will be playing opposite himself in the movie.

The casting crew is looking for extras in the Cincinnati area, specifically of Italian descent, according to Casting Director D. Lynn Meyers.

Think they need any crippled extras?!

Hmm

Quote:“Wise Guys” is about the Italian-American mob bosses Vito Genovese and Frank Costello, who ran two separate crime families. In 1957, Genovese attempted to assassinate Costello but failed, according to IMDB.com

Nicholas Pileggi, a co-writer on Martin Scorsese’s film “Goodfellas,” is writing the screenplay.

FOX19 NOW is working to determine when filming will start and which spots will appear on the big screen.

Cinci is growing and becoming more of a city that people notice and it's all because of the Bengals!
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2022, 08:49 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Cinci is growing and becoming more of a city that people notice and it's all because of the Bengals!

They were hard not to notice tonight.  Blech.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
BRAD USES INTERNET EXCLAMATION POINTS TO INDICATE EXCITEMENT!!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2022, 08:49 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Cinci is growing and becoming more of a city that people notice and it's all because of the Bengals!

Cincy is a relatively cheap place to film with all the big buildings to need for that big city feel.  its been used before and will be again.

I dont think it will be about Cincinnati Mobs (if there was such a thing)...  Just a filming location
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2022, 11:57 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: BRAD USES INTERNET EXCLAMATION POINTS TO INDICATE EXCITEMENT!!!
Who doesn't use exclamation marks to indicate excitement?

Isn't that one of the few purposes of an exclamation mark?
(11-02-2022, 11:33 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Cincy is a relatively cheap place to film with all the big buildings to need for that big city feel.  its been used before and will be again.

I dont think it will be about Cincinnati Mobs (if there was such a thing)...  Just a filming location

I think Cincinnati is relatively small in terms of big buildings, especially ones that could be used for filming.

I don't know about any mobs in Cincinnati but I do know there was one or two in Northern Kentucky.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 12:55 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I think Cincinnati is relatively small in terms of big buildings, especially ones that could be used for filming.

A lot of the time movies can be filmed in other cities because there are enough generic looking buildings that can be used for many of the scenes.   But they will also use footage of the actual city the movie was meant to represent for wide shots of the city or even stock footage and these days also CGI.  

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 12:55 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Who doesn't use exclamation marks to indicate excitement?

Isn't that one of the few purposes of an exclamation mark?

I think Cincinnati is relatively small in terms of big buildings, especially ones that could be used for filming.

I don't know about any mobs in Cincinnati but I do know there was one or two in Northern Kentucky.

BRAD USES QUESTION MARKS TO ASK QUESTIONS
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2022, 08:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: BRAD USES QUESTION MARKS TO ASK QUESTIONS

[Image: anchorman-yelling.gif]
Reply/Quote