Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Robert Griffin likely to start against us
According to Schefter RGIII should be back this week

Depending on how practice goes this week, there's a real chance Browns QB Robert Griffin III starts Sunday against Cincinnati.
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Trap game.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Can there really be a "trap game" in a season that is already lost (for the most part)?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2016, 04:10 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Can there really be a "trap game" in a season that is already lost (for the most part)?

I guess if your definition is a game that we should win but lose do overlooking the opponent is a trap game then I think you can call it that.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2016, 04:10 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Can there really be a "trap game" in a season that is already lost (for the most part)?

Yeah, the implication of a trap game is a good team stumbling, and that's not us at this point.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2016, 04:06 PM)Trademark Wrote: According to Schefter RGIII should be back this week

Depending on how practice goes this week, there's a real chance Browns QB Robert Griffin III starts Sunday against Cincinnati.

# 1...They have the worst defense in the NFL
#2....He will be very rusty and he has never been all that anyway
# 3...They have the worst defense in the NFL. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Dudes not very good, plus geno or Carlos will probably break his leg when they sneeze near him. I'll put the over/under on how long he plays at 1.5 series.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
At 4-7-1 we are the trap. There's no trapping a 4-7-1 team.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
If Bengals fall head first into a trap game this season ?

Marvin should be fired immediately following game.

With our record there are no trap games. Better be motivated to play.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
we are to bad for this to be a trap game lol.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2016, 04:13 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: I guess if your definition is a game that we should win but lose do overlooking the opponent is a trap game then I think you can call it that.
Yep! The team remembers the first Browns game blowout plus their better than usual performance against Philly. These combined make for a Marvin Special -- I.e. a big flop in a game they should win handily. Sad
Reply/Quote
If anything Browns are looking at Bengals as a last chance to get a win. 4-7-1 teams don't get "trapped"....they get beat.
Reply/Quote
I've heard a rumor that the Bengals season was fixed, and we for sure are losing to the browns. I'm a believer in this stuff that the league is fixed. I did guess last year Manning was going out on top. This year, I think they want the steelers in the Superbowl. If we lose to the browns, I'm calling it fixed.
Reply/Quote
Should we beat the Browns ? - Absolutely ! RGIII or whomever

But then again we shouldn't be 4 - 7 -1 either = incompetent coaching staff. Marvin has only swept the Browns I believe it's 5 times in 13 seasons. We've lost to several bad Browns teams during his tenure to be sure.

A loss here would not shock me, they played us close, a lot closer than the final score indicates for a large portion of the first game.

Trap game ? Not sure it qualifies since we're not making the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2016, 05:35 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: I've heard a rumor that the Bengals season was fixed, and we for sure are losing to the browns.  I'm a believer in this stuff that the league is fixed. I did guess last year Manning was going out on top. This year, I think they want the steelers in the Superbowl. If we lose to the browns, I'm calling it fixed.

I guess this means it's fun and games time with conspiracy theories and hey, it's fun to find reasons for being horrible outside of just being horrible . 
 Yes, absolutely certain aspects of the game stink to high heavens of being fixed ,but what can you do ?  We know conspiracies exist and theories exist ,but put the two together in the same sentence and people think you're nuts. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2016, 04:06 PM)Trademark Wrote: According to Schefter RGIII should be back this week

Good for us.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2016, 05:35 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: I've heard a rumor that the Bengals season was fixed, and we for sure are losing to the browns.  I'm a believer in this stuff that the league is fixed. I did guess last year Manning was going out on top. This year, I think they want the steelers in the Superbowl. If we lose to the browns, I'm calling it fixed.

I don't see it as fixed....The Ravens / Steelers Game decides if Steelers even make play-offs.  ....Manning went to a team already in play-offs with Tebow.  They gave up a lot to get Peyton as Colts drafted Luck. Peyton had the bad neck. It was a gamble....a gamble that had to work fast because Peyton was near the end.  Seattle almost closed the window but Denver came back against Carolina.  John Elway rolled the dice and Peyton took won because Denver had the great defense before he got there....That was not a fix, that was a huge gamble that worked.....Dallas gambled this year not putting Romo right back in there, but it is kind of like Wally Pipp getting injured and never getting his job back from Lou Gehrig.....Now you would think Dallas vs New England......but it is not a FIX if one of the other teams play better and want it more. ....I'm a Bengal Fan, but the Steelers are good.  Big Ben, they can run, they can pass, they have defense, they have good coaches.  Often they draft the players I wanted Bengals to draft.  There would be no FIX to Big Ben and Steelers being tough in the play-offs.  Steelers win Super Bowls, as much as I don't like them. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2016, 04:18 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Dudes not very good, plus geno or Carlos will probably break his leg when they sneeze near him. I'll put the over/under on how long he plays at 1.5 series.

The last time we played him we beat the crap out of him with the Redskins. That was when he was pretty good.

I agree, i don't think he will last long out there especially if we start to use the Clarke, DeShawn, Geno, Dunlap lineup more.
Reply/Quote
Fwiw, RGIII to Pryor looked like a deadly connection in preseason. I'm of the opinion that RGIII could be a good QB again if he ever stays healthy. Heck, Griffin wasn't even all that bad in that season where he was playing at less than 100% coming off that knee injury. People talk like he's Ryan Leaf 2.0, but he's never been that bad on the field. I feel the constant controversy around his situation with the Skins made his public perception a lot worse than it should be. He just can't stay healthy though.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2016, 10:01 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Fwiw, RGIII to Pryor looked like a deadly connection in preseason. I'm of the opinion that RGIII could be a good QB again if he ever stays healthy. Heck, Griffin wasn't even all that bad in that season where he was playing at less than 100% coming off that knee injury. People talk like he's Ryan Leaf 2.0, but he's never been that bad on the field. I feel the constant controversy around his situation with the Skins made his public perception a lot worse than it should be. He just can't stay healthy though.
This.

I actually thought the Browns could be somewhat competitive this year if Gordon came back, and RGIII stayed healthy. But I also thought Duke Johnson would emerge this year too. I thought they could get 5-6 wins.... I'm often mistaken.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote