Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SI's 2 round mock
Sports Illustrated just released their latest 2 round mock. What do you guys think?

Rd 1 - Andrew Billings DT Baylor
Rd 2 - William Jackson CB Houston
Reply/Quote
Love the first pick, Billings is probably my favorite realistic pick at 24. I'd rather wait till rounds 3-4 to address the secondary tho. Wr & Lb would be better positions to target in two depending on who's available
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2016, 09:27 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Love the first pick, Billings is probably my favorite realistic pick at 24. I'd rather wait till rounds 3-4 to address the secondary tho. Wr & Lb would be better positions to target in two depending on who's available

I really like both picks however I would definitely rather have a rangy LB like Deion Jones, or a guy like Scooby Wright or Kyle Matkevich. If we are not able to resign Iloka and Jones then I'm on board with going CB and maybe double dipping. We could always look at guys like Eric Murray, Morgan Burns or the Le'Blanc fellow in the mid to late rounds.
Reply/Quote
I'm not looking for a CB in the 2nd round.   But Billings and Jackson would be two very good picks, the first addressing a pressing need and the 2nd addressing a long term need.  

Jackson is our kind of CB and is a better quality candidate than any of the linebackers except maybe Craven.
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2016, 09:27 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Love the first pick, Billings is probably my favorite realistic pick at 24. I'd rather wait till rounds 3-4 to address the secondary tho. Wr & Lb would be better positions to target in two depending on who's available

Don't tell Hammerstripes that because he doesn't think we need a backer.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2016, 09:46 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Don't tell Hammerstripes that because he doesn't think we need a backer.

Lol, does he not realize that our backers outside of Burfict are trash or unknowns at this point?
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2016, 10:24 PM)Crowe Wrote: Lol, does he not realize that our backers outside of Burfict are trash or unknowns at this point?

He thinks he's smarter than me, so you'll have to ask him.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2016, 09:46 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Don't tell Hammerstripes that because he doesn't think we need a backer.

For someone who complains constantly about being attacked and picked on, you have an awful habit of bringing up people who aren't involved in the conversation. 
There was no need for this. He's not posting in the thread. 
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2016, 10:24 PM)Crowe Wrote: Lol, does he not realize that our backers outside of Burfict are trash or unknowns at this point?

I don't get the "unknowns" thing, honestly. The Bengals JUST drafted Dawson last year. Drafting a LB this year would make that LB an "unknown" too.

While it's fair to say there's plenty of room for improvement in the LB corps, it's not fair to say that there's nothing behind Burfict.

Let's be honest, a LB drafted this year will very likely ride the pine on offense/defense just like Dawson did last year. Like it or not, the Bengals don't tend to start rookies unless an injury occurs.

Also, for anyone hoping the Bengals sign Trevathan, it's a pipe dream. The Bengals want Rey Maualuga to start and will play him at MIKE. If Trevathan is signed, does anyone really think the Bengals will move Maualuga out of the starter role or put him back at SAM?

The Bengals will draft a LB and will use that LB on ST or sit him unless an injury occurs.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-26-2016, 06:34 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I don't get the "unknowns" thing, honestly. The Bengals JUST drafted Dawson last year. Drafting a LB this year would make that LB an "unknown" too.

While it's fair to say there's plenty of room for improvement in the LB corps, it's not fair to say that there's nothing behind Burfict.

Let's be honest, a LB drafted this year will very likely ride the pine on offense/defense just like Dawson did last year. Like it or not, the Bengals don't tend to start rookies unless an injury occurs.

Also, for anyone hoping the Bengals sign Trevathan, it's a pipe dream. The Bengals want Rey Maualuga to start and will play him at MIKE. If Trevathan is signed, does anyone really think the Bengals will move Maualuga out of the starter role or put him back at SAM?

The Bengals will draft a LB and will use that LB on ST or sit him unless an injury occurs.

The "unknowns" are more about can Dawson be effective like he was in college, do we have anything in guys like Flowers, Luc, and Roach, all highly productive in college, but nothing as pros so far. I truly thing outside of Burfict none of our LB's that have seen quality time are any good, Rey M. was improved but only when Burfict came back, he still can't cover, misses too many tackles and takes bad angles, Hawk is on his last legs, Lamur hasn't warranted anything to have a roster spot and Vinnie Rey is a solid stop gap/backup. I do hope that the Bengals draft a good linebacker, I want to see more athleticism out there.
Reply/Quote
Just by landing Billings you'd get me to sign off on any reasonable 2 round mock. We use freak and beast too much, but he has the potential to be something special eventually. Give the guy a year to work on technique and I'm not sure what an opposing interior 3 is supposed to do vs Cincy.

Jackson doesn't thrill me but I'd consider him depending on what's there at the time. You really need to consider how much muscle he could add on that frame and still retain his speed. I'd have to agree with others about the LB, not so much as the bigger need but I just see a better LB falling to Cincy's 2nd round spot and a big glut of similar corners that you may have in the 3rd as well. Hitting on 2 of 3 defensive waves in the first 2 rounds would be fine.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2016, 05:25 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: For someone who complains constantly about being attacked and picked on, you have an awful habit of bringing up people who aren't involved in the conversation. 
There was no need for this. He's not posting in the thread. 

But it's a related thread to the draft and he just posted it days ago.

I'm also not just bringing him up randomly because we were in a discussion in the other thread and I kept it football related.

My complaints come when people make it personal for no apparent reason and/or can't back up the trash they throw out and they just wait until enough time has gone by to either change their story or accuse me of rehashing old arguments.
Reply/Quote