Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame??

[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I've heard that same thing from many different musicians - rock and roll hall of fame has turned into a complete joke.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Question-
Does Rage Against the Machine deserve a Hall nod? 

Correct Answer?

Hell yeah! 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2018, 02:53 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Question-
Does Rage Against the Machine deserve a Hall nod? 

Correct Answer?

Hell yeah! 
I think they should get a nod.

They're one of the few more recent bands that are groundbreaking in my opinion.

Just not get in before some others.

Like Judas Priest and Iron Maiden which have influenced a ton of musicians across the world for decades.

This is a "music" hall of fame, and not rock and roll specifically anyways mind you(Sheesh you'd think people would figure it out!! It's not like in it's name or anything".  Mellow 
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Jethro Tull should be in there.

And Dixie Dregs
Reply/Quote
Joe Walsh looks and sounds like he might be on the way out. That was rough.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2018, 12:00 PM)samhain Wrote: Joe Walsh looks and sounds like he might be on the way out.  That was rough.

The amount of substances he put into his body would do it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2018, 12:00 PM)samhain Wrote: Joe Walsh looks and sounds like he might be on the way out.  That was rough.

He's not going anywhere.

It's hard to leave when you can't find the door.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 04:31 PM)McC Wrote: The amount of substances he put into his body would do it.

hes been sober since 93 or 94 i believe. 
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 09:43 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: He's not going anywhere.

It's hard to leave when you can't find the door.

REP    :andy: 

Also, he can check out anytime he wants, but he can never leave.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2018, 04:28 AM)magikod Wrote: hes been sober since 93 or 94 i believe. 

Doesn't mean the damage wasn't already done.  He did everything, and a LOT of it for probably about thirty years.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I've got nothing against Janet Jackson. I didn't listen to her music, but she was a huge star, but she wasn't a Rock n Roll musician.

Joe mentioned some guy I've never heard of, but I do think the precursors of rock, those that laid the foundation, deserve a place even if they are relatively unknown to the masses.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 09:37 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I've got nothing against Janet Jackson.  I didn't listen to her music, but she was a huge star, but she wasn't a Rock n Roll musician.  

Joe mentioned some guy I've never heard of, but I do think the precursors of rock, those that laid the foundation, deserve a place even if they are relatively unknown to the masses.

I agree with what your saying...  there are quiet a few  non Rock   acts in the RnR HoF though...
Reply/Quote
I think the Rock Hall people, ie Jann Wenner at Rolling Stone have hit a wall with their selections. When the Hall started, you had the whole 60's and 70's era to pick from, and you could get a good chunk of them to play at the induction ceremonies. Old inductions have guys like Mick jagger, Bruce Springsteen, Dylan, Tom Petty, George Harrison, the remainder of Zeppelin, Neil Young, etc. Literally some of the legends of the genre when they weren't quite legit geezers yet.

Then you got to a point where all of those guys and gals were already inducted. What's left now? A few holdovers from the 80's/90's like Guns N Roses, Van Halen, and the grunge era stars? Then what? What's really left to do after that other than inducting a rapper here, a pop tart there, and someone from the golden era that wasn't a big enough name to put in the first go-around?

As much as it sucks, country and hip hop have taken over as the predominant forms of popular music in this age. Less people care about rock in general. Young people aren't tuning in to watch Yes or Chicago or ELO get inducted. Even people that want to see those bands still aren't getting the same bang for their buck that they were in the beginning.
Reply/Quote