Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rod Rosenstein is resigning?
https://www.axios.com/rod-rosenstein-resign-justice-department-trump-cf761f4c-fca3-4794-92d4-a56c9e32ff43.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=twsocialshare&utm_campaign=organic

Quote:Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein has verbally resigned to Chief of Staff John Kelly in anticipation of being fired by President Trump, according to a source with direct knowledge. Per a second source with direct knowledge: “He’s expecting to be fired,” so he plans to step down. 

Background: Rosenstein talked last year about invoking the 25th Amendment and wearing a wire during Trump meetings, the N.Y. Times' Adam Goldman and Michael S. Schmidt reported last week. He denied both allegations.

If he is/does it is a shame that good people hold themselves to higher standards than the people being investigated and have actually said and done bad things.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
If the reporting on him was true, then I don't see how there is an alternative. He will need to go. I would watch the actions by the White House with regards to the Special Counsel, though, because any attempt to impede upon the investigation triggers a report to Congress on their findings at that point. So depending on what the administration does in the wake of this, we may be seeing Mueller's full hand, shortly.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(09-24-2018, 12:39 PM)GMDino Wrote: https://www.axios.com/rod-rosenstein-resign-justice-department-trump-cf761f4c-fca3-4794-92d4-a56c9e32ff43.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=twsocialshare&utm_campaign=organic

If he is/does it is a shame that good people hold themselves to higher standards than the people being investigated and have actually said and done bad things.

He's not exactly holding himself to a higher standard.  He's resigning in lieu of being fired.  The 25th amendment part doesn't bother me, but the suggesting wearing a wear does, but I don't know the context it was said in.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-24-2018, 01:32 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: If the reporting on him was true, then I don't see how there is an alternative. He will need to go. I would watch the actions by the White House with regards to the Special Counsel, though, because any attempt to impede upon the investigation triggers a report to Congress on their findings at that point. So depending on what the administration does in the wake of this, we may be seeing Mueller's full hand, shortly.

(09-24-2018, 01:35 PM)michaelsean Wrote: He's not exactly holding himself to a higher standard.  He's resigning in lieu of being fired.  The 25th amendment part doesn't bother me, but the suggesting wearing a wear does, but I don't know the context it was said in.  

Just to be clear:

*IF* he is being fired then the POTUS believes an article with anonymous sources, but Rosenstein has denied the story.

Yet the POTUS rails against such sources about HIMSELF and doesn't believe name sources in other matters such as the Kavanaugh.
(09-24-2018, 01:45 PM)GMDino Wrote: Just to be clear:

*IF* he is being fired then the POTUS believes an article with anonymous sources, but Rosenstein has denied the story.

Yet the POTUS rails against such sources about HIMSELF and doesn't believe name sources in other matters such as the Kavanaugh.

I understand that, and we should remind people of this when they complain about background sources. Honestly, I'm of the opinion that Trump and/or people around him planted the whole story. But that doesn't change what I said.

Just to be clear, though, if the story is not true and Trump uses it as justification to fire Rosenstein or if people close to Trump pushed the story, then it is further evidence for obstruction of justice.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(09-24-2018, 01:53 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I understand that, and we should remind people of this when they complain about background sources. Honestly, I'm of the opinion that Trump and/or people around him planted the whole story. But that doesn't change what I said.

Just to be clear, though, if the story is not true and Trump uses it as justification to fire Rosenstein or if people close to Trump pushed the story, then it is further evidence for obstruction of justice.

I agree on both points.
I feel like if he resigns it is essentially an "I dare you" to Trump. But there is conflicting information on his resignation last I saw.

(09-24-2018, 02:03 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I feel like if he resigns it is essentially an "I dare you" to Trump. But there is conflicting information on his resignation last I saw.

Sounds like he still has his job?  

No word yet.
Funny that Trump believes the "Failing" New York Times when he wants to.

Hasn't he been telling us for years they are fake news?

If Trump fires people in his Administration that are and have discussed the 25th amendment, he'd have no Administration left.

And these people who keep talking about it and taping him are Republicans!

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(09-24-2018, 01:35 PM)michaelsean Wrote: He's not exactly holding himself to a higher standard.  He's resigning in lieu of being fired.  The 25th amendment part doesn't bother me, but the suggesting wearing a wear does, but I don't know the context it was said in.  
I agree. " wearing a wear" is is unforgivable. They should lock him up.
I think it's clear to anyone paying attention Republicans know Trump has committed Treason. They (Comey, Mueller, and his team, Cohen, even Sessions etc) are doing what they can behind the scenes to protect America from a man who worked with an enemy Nation to attack this Country and a fellow American. We must applaud them. Country first in their actions even if their rhetoric doesn't reflect that. History books will reflect kindly on these Patriots. Trump supporters and defenders, who have chosen Trump over their Nation on the other hand, history books will have them making excuses to their kids and grandkids to save their legacy when they are shamed for turning against their Country, and fighting on the side of Russians.

(09-25-2018, 09:45 AM)jj22 Wrote: I think it's clear to anyone paying attention Republicans know Trump has committed Treason. They (Comey, Mueller, and his team, Cohen, even Sessions etc) are doing what they can behind the scenes to protect America from a man who worked with an enemy Nation to attack this Country and a fellow American. We must applaud them. Country first in their actions even if their rhetoric doesn't reflect that. History books will reflect kindly on these Patriots. Trump supporters and defenders, who have chosen Trump over their Nation on the other hand, history books will have them making excuses to their kids and grandkids to save their legacy when they are shamed for turning against their Country, and fighting on the side of Russians.

If everything were true, it's not treason.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Maybe not by the rule of law, but any American who works with an enemy Nation to attack America and Americans has to be considered something outside of law talk.

Yes, this weasel Rosenstein who authorized a FISA warrant to spy on a presidential campaign based on a bogus dossier should resign....but rather than resign, he along with several other members of this coup aimed at undoing the election of a president should be forced to testify under oath.
(09-25-2018, 10:52 AM)jj22 Wrote: Maybe not by the rule of law, but any American who works with an enemy Nation to attack America and Americans has to be considered something outside of law talk.

Yeah it doesn't mean there aren't other crimes, it's just not treason.  

(09-25-2018, 10:59 AM)Vlad Wrote: Yes, this weasel Rosenstein who authorized a FISA warrant to spy on a presidential campaign based on a bogus dossier should resign

The dossier was not "bogus".  In fact most of the information in it has been confirmed as true.
(09-25-2018, 10:59 AM)Vlad Wrote: Yes, this weasel Rosenstein who authorized a FISA warrant to spy on a presidential campaign based on a bogus dossier should resign....but rather than resign, he along with several other members of this coup aimed at undoing the election of a president should be forced to testify under oath.

LOL looks like Vlad believes the failing New York Times too.

Got to stop the FBI from taking down the president.
(09-25-2018, 10:59 AM)Vlad Wrote: Yes, this weasel Rosenstein who authorized a FISA warrant to spy on a presidential campaign based on a bogus dossier should resign....but rather than resign, he along with several other members of this coup aimed at undoing the election of a president should be forced to testify under oath.

Rosenstein was the US attorney for MD during the campaign...
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]