Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rod Taylor Welcome to the Bengals
An offensive guard from Ole' Miss.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Looks like he is one of those players Mikey loves - character red flags caused him to drop otherwise he was a third rounder.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 07:46 PM)Joelist Wrote: Looks like he is one of those players Mikey loves - character red flags caused him to drop otherwise he was a third rounder.

I saw he stole two bags of charcoal which he said he forgot were in his cart.  Is there something else?
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 07:48 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I saw he stole two bags of charcoal which he said he forgot were in his cart.  Is there something else?

We planted them there so we could get a 3rd round G in the 7th.....Bengals r genius!
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 07:48 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I saw he stole two bags of charcoal which he said he forgot were in his cart.  Is there something else?

What an Animal.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 07:46 PM)Joelist Wrote: Looks like he is one of those players Mikey loves - character red flags caused him to drop otherwise he was a third rounder.

His measurable are pretty good material.  6'3" #320 34,25" arms.  Has experience at both tackle spots.  Aside from the arrest for shoplifting, which turned out to be just a mistake. (he forgot about 2 bags of charcoal in the bottom rack of his cart)   He did suffer from injuries in both 2015 and 2016, so this year was the only year he started every game.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Wow... If that really is all there is to it then he has no character concerns. I find it hard to believe NFL teams would pass on him just for that. But if they did... Then  Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious And thanks for the epic steal! 
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 07:55 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Wow... If that really is all there is to it then he has no character concerns. I find it hard to believe NFL teams would pass on him just for that. But if they did... Then  Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious And thanks for the epic steal! 

No, I think it's probably this:  NEGATIVES

—Lacks the length (34 ¼" arms) needed to be an effective NFL tackle.
—Only one season of complete health.
—Wide striker who rounds his arms and loads up, essentially telegraphing his punch.
—Lacks legit bubble in lower body and doesn't have the weight (320 lbs) to anchor against power.
—Length issues lead him to lean and reach too often.
Reply/Quote

Should have just used the George Foreman grill, but hindsight is 20/20

Reply/Quote

Lmao

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 07:57 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: No, I think it's probably this:  NEGATIVES

—Lacks the length (34 ¼" arms) needed to be an effective NFL tackle.
—Only one season of complete health.
—Wide striker who rounds his arms and loads up, essentially telegraphing his punch.
—Lacks legit bubble in lower body and doesn't have the weight (320 lbs) to anchor against power.
—Length issues lead him to lean and reach too often.

They will move him to the inside he's a phone booth type of player I guess.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 08:07 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: They will move him to the inside he's a phone booth type of player I guess.

Absolutely, and I believe that the Bengals drafted him as a Guard.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 07:50 PM)Beaker Wrote: We planted them there so we could get a 3rd round G in the 7th.....Bengals r genius!

Hilarious   We are genius.
Reply/Quote
Put him at guard. I'm surprised they didn't draft a second o-lineman before round 7, but I like this pick.
Reply/Quote
Love the pick for how late in draft it came.

Just wish there were more selected earlier.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 09:46 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Love the pick for how late in draft it came.

Just wish there were more selected earlier.

I was surprised at the run of interior line-man early in the draft so the Hernandez and Braden Smith's of the draft were gone.   
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 09:42 PM)Domata94 Wrote: Put him at guard. I'm surprised they didn't draft a second o-lineman before round 7, but I like this pick.

I think his best fit will be at RG, but I like the fact that he played this entire season at RT for the Rebels.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 09:51 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I think his best fit will be at RG, but I like the fact that he played this entire season at RT for the Rebels.

Definitely a guard. He'd get killed by a few in this league. LDE's are becoming unmerciful. Can't wait to see how we deal with Mack when the Raiders come to town.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
Last Cincinnati player I remember getting busted shoplifting was Mike Leake and he turned out pretty good despite going to St Louis later on.. I can overlook a college player shoplifting a time or two being they aren't paid anything . That isn't to say I trust thieves. I don't, but I'm not leaving my wallet sitting in the  Bengals locker room either . 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 10:52 PM)grampahol Wrote: Last Cincinnati player I remember getting busted shoplifting was Mike Leake and he turned out pretty good despite going to St Louis later on.. I can overlook a college player shoplifting a time or two being they aren't paid anything . That isn't to say I trust thieves. I don't, but I'm not leaving my wallet sitting in the  Bengals locker room either . 

Leake stealing t-shirts from Macy’s wasn’t nearly as funny as a kid stealing 2 bags of charcoal.

Reply/Quote