Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rod Taylor Welcome to the Bengals
(04-28-2018, 07:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: An offensive guard from Ole' Miss.

He opened a lot of eyes with his size, strength and speed at The Combine.  Let's see.  An SEC offensive lineman. A Big Guy.   Oh yeah, I've heard they play football in the SEC.  Some pretty good teams in the SEC from what I hear.   I read when his quarterback was playing injured, Taylor made sure he didn't get sacked and kept his QB healthy.  Not bad considering playing teams like Alabama.  Welcome aboard SEC Big Man on O Line Rod Taylor.  We have a guy named Dalton who could use more protection and we could use more running lanes than what we have been getting.  Bengals have a HELP WANTED sign for Blocking if you can fill the job. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 10:52 PM)grampahol Wrote: Last Cincinnati player I remember getting busted shoplifting was Mike Leake and he turned out pretty good despite going to St Louis later on.. I can overlook a college player shoplifting a time or two being they aren't paid anything . That isn't to say I trust thieves. I don't, but I'm not leaving my wallet sitting in the  Bengals locker room either . 

2 bags of charcoal in the bottom of the cart was a mistake. I’ve almost forgotten the bottom of cart stuff before as well. Can easily see it happening. Doubt there are any character concerns.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
According to the profile I read (from NFL.com) there may be maturity issues and questions about motivation. He was a five star recruit coming out of high school and a top 25 player according to 247Sports.com (for what that's worth).
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2018, 02:09 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: According to the profile I read (from NFL.com) there may be maturity issues and questions about motivation.  He was a five star recruit coming out of high school and a top 25 player according to 247Sports.com (for what that's worth).
They say our new OLine coach is a fire lighter.  Sounds like the potential is there.  Another guy in the mix at RG.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2018, 02:09 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: According to the profile I read (from NFL.com) there may be maturity issues and questions about motivation.  He was a five star recruit coming out of high school and a top 25 player according to 247Sports.com (for what that's worth).

(04-29-2018, 03:23 PM)McC Wrote: They say our new OLine coach is a fire lighter.  Sounds like the potential is there.  Another guy in the mix at RG.

I'm not worried about that "motivation" problem.  Some of the best I ever played with were lazy guys.  When lazy guys resolve to go hard, they tend to play with an edge to them.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote