Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rod Taylor waived
Per Kat Terrell, Rod Taylor was waived when John Jerry was signed.
So much for Taylor potentially being Hart's backup.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Awful situation for Taylor. Hope he can get his knee healthy and get a shot to at least compete somewhere. Hate to see guys get injured so early in camp as he did and then never really get to compete for a spot. Wish him the best in the future.
Reply/Quote
We have like 2 Tackles on the roster and a BUNCH of Guards.
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2019, 04:51 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We have like 2 Tackles on the roster and a BUNCH of Guards.

I'd still chalk Cordy Glenn up as a tackle even if the Bengals are experimenting with him at guard.
Reply/Quote
My guess is we pick someone up that gets waived too.
Reply/Quote
This doesn't change who I think we keep on the initial 53.

I think we could start the year with 9 OL.

Jonah, Cordy, Price, Miller, Hart is the starting line

Boling, Hopkins, MJ, and Westerman is a solid group of reserves

And we have the option to add Redmond after week 4 when his suspension ends. Depending on where we are health wise we could play the roster exemption game with him too.

I think that could be a really good group.
Reply/Quote
Taylor played tackle in College however I believe the Bengals were converting him into a guard. Didn't have any expectations for him to be honest, 7th round pick coming of an ACL, with a new coaching staff who didn't draft him.
Reply/Quote
Seriously, who cares? Was he our next star LT?

I think not.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2019, 04:51 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We have like 2 Tackles on the roster and a BUNCH of Guards.

Boiling and Glenn both can play tackle as well as hart and williams
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2019, 11:16 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: This doesn't change who I think we keep on the initial 53.

I think we could start the year with 9 OL.

Jonah, Cordy, Price, Miller, Hart is the starting line

Boling, Hopkins, MJ, and Westerman is a solid group of reserves

And we have the option to add Redmond after week 4 when his suspension ends. Depending on where we are health wise we could play the roster exemption game with him too.

I think that could be a really good group.

Imagine being the best OL on the team last year (Boling) and having to be a backup when the worst OL starter on the team last year (Hart) is going to start over you. I'd be very frustrated if I were Boling.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-11-2019, 09:55 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Imagine being the best OL on the team last year (Boling) and having to be a backup when the worst OL starter on the team last year (Hart) is going to start over you. I'd be very frustrated if I were Boling.

Would you? Do you think the coaching staff has not reviewed his shortcomings in 2018? How does a player get better if they do not coach him through the bad plays.

Last, our opinions are good or bad, best or worse matter not. The coaches have their own evaluation process, they know the details of responsibilities of every play ran for each player on the field. There is no way PFF can accurately evaluate, but coaches can so I trust their evaluation always.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2019, 10:01 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Would you? Do you think the coaching staff has not reviewed his shortcomings in 2018? How does a player get better if they do not coach him through the bad plays.

Last, our opinions are good or bad, best or worse matter not. The coaches have their own evaluation process, they know the details of responsibilities of every play ran for each player on the field. There is no way PFF can accurately evaluate, but coaches can so I trust their evaluation always.

Some coaches are better at evaluating than others, and some coaches seem worse than PFF.
If this staff can turn Bobby Hart into a solid player, great, but I definitely have my doubts given previous history.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-11-2019, 10:05 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Some coaches are better at evaluating than others, and some coaches seem worse than PFF.
If this staff can turn Bobby Hart into a solid player, great, but I definitely have my doubts given previous history.

If an NFL coach can't evaluate NFL talent, they will not be an NFL coach long. As I stated, fans relying on PFF and evaluators who do not have the responsibilities each play is a futile attempt to be accurate, the real goal is for PFF to make money selling the garbage.

Reply/Quote
(06-11-2019, 10:01 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Would you? Do you think the coaching staff has not reviewed his shortcomings in 2018? How does a player get better if they do not coach him through the bad plays.

I think with Tackles that coaching can only go so far. The DE's and LB's are freak athletes that are rushing. You can do so much with technique, but raw physical ability plays into it too.

I'm just not sure that having a good attitude is going to be enough for Hart to become above average.

But, they had a chance to go Glenn and Williams at Tackle and chose to move Glenn to Guard...so they must like Hart.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2019, 10:19 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: If an NFL coach can't evaluate NFL talent, they will not be an NFL coach long. 

That is very simplistic thinking. There are and have been many useless coaches in this league and the Bengals have had their fair share of them. PFF is a source of information - read it, respect the opinions and perhaps someone there sees something others do not. I read somewhere that 29 ot the 32 teams subscribe to PFF so it is not like the information is for fans only. It is not the be all end all but it is information that can be thrown in the mix for evaluation.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(06-11-2019, 10:33 AM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: That is very simplistic thinking. There are and have been many useless coaches in this league and the Bengals have had their fair share of them. PFF is a source of information - read it, respect the opinions and perhaps someone there sees something others do not. I read somewhere that 29 ot the 32 teams subscribe to PFF so it is not like the information is for fans only. It is not the be all end all but it is information that can be thrown in the mix for evaluation.

People only like PFF if the stats agree with their opinions.

When the stats don't:

1 ) Either PFF is worthless.
or )
2 ) Bengals coaches must see something in the player that they can fix!
Reply/Quote
Well, both Frank Pollack and Jim Turner see something there they think they can work with. Those are 2 pretty respected line coaches.....
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2019, 10:40 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: People only like PFF if the stats agree with their opinions.

When the stats don't:

1 ) Either PFF is worthless.
or )
2 ) Bengals coaches must see something in the player that they can fix!

or
3 ) Wonder out loud how PFF comes to their evaluation scores ("what's their formula?") since it flies in the face of what they want to believe.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2019, 10:05 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Some coaches are better at evaluating than others, and some coaches seem worse than PFF.

If I remember correctly, during the combine, ZT said they watched the tape on Hart and about 1/3 of Harts penalties wasn't actually on Hart. Because he plays on the end of the line, his number was called. I'm not defending Hart here, but I can see ZT's reasoning, as we've all seen an inside guy twitches and everybody jumps and one of the tackles is credited with the penalty.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2019, 12:50 PM)NKURyan Wrote: or
3 ) Wonder out loud how PFF comes to their evaluation scores ("what's their formula?") since it flies in the face of what they want to believe.

I've never been a fan of PFF and have stated that numerous times. How do nerds in a room, far away, know exactly what every players responsibility is on any given play?
Reply/Quote